State: Florida Product: Best Buy Manager Clear all filters (10 of 217 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
Many businesses like BestBuy are finding themselves closing due to consumers turning to on line vendors for many reasons. Today, my husband and I experienced the top two: 1. Cost (even though you have a "price match" policy in place) 2. Customer Service Why is #2 more...
Best Buy Manager
Pros
  • Product
  • Sales staff
Cons
  • Lousy service
  • Dysfunctional system
  • Manager
Reason of review
Poor customer service

Best Buy in Fort Myers, Florida - No help with tv broken in 6 months

Purchased tv at Xmas now 6 months later broken I purchased extra warranty as we'll Store told me had to bring it back they would try to fix it I want a new tv this broke in 6 months not the way it works I was told take 2 weeks to fix I am with out a tv now I will never buy anything from them again Poor customer service was on hold for 10 minutes waiting for manager I was told by the manager she is very busy and what do I want Poor attitude and not willing to have some one come to my home to fix I wish to have a new tv as this broke in 6 months what else will go wrong with it I have had my last tv for years never had issue bought this one to upgrade

Best Buy in Sanford, Florida - No return

Purchased a LED TV September 28, 2013. Best Buy apparently has a two week return policy. October 4, 2013 departed on a European trip for 17 days. Upon our return, scheduled to have the TV mounted on a bracket and the TV screen was cracked in the box. The box had no visible damage. Went to return the TV and was told of return policy. Explained that we were out of country, didn't matter. Was offered a discount on a different TV. Asked for a receipt to leave the TV there, NO!. Asked for another manager, NO HELP. Left the TV and went across the street and bought a new one at HH Gregg. Filed complaint with credit card company and, after three attempts, lost the argument because we did not have receipt for the return (see above). Never again, Best Buy!

Love HH greg they seems to be getting all the residual from Worst buy

Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, and Radio Shack all have the same 15 day return policy on electronics. Be sure to boycott all those other stores too.

#812048

I worked for another electronics/ appliances retailer for several years, and I will tell you, there is no way in *** we would not have taken it back either. Anytime you make a major electronics purchase, it's your responsibility to inspect it, either before you leave the store with it, or as soon as you get it home with it.

You had almost a week before your trip to take a quick glance at it just to make sure there wasn't any physical damage done to the unit. You didn't even have to plug it in, because the manufacture's warranty covers non-physical damage for a year. Why on earth would anyone take back a cracked TV nearly a month after it was purchased, especially if there's a 2 week return policy. How on earth would they know that you didn't do something, that caused the physical damage, within that time period?

And why would you leave the TV there, if they refused to return your funds??

That's not their fault, it's your own for not taking two seconds to check it out when you purchased it (if the damage was even caused by the store, which I doubt, because like you said - there was no damage to the box. The unit's are not removed from the box at anytime before they're purchased, so if it was damaged upon delivery to the store, 9 out of 10 times, there would be damage to the box).

View more comments (2)

The abhorrent treatment of a "valued consumer" *Best Buy*

Bought a Asus G75VW-BBK5 in late August of 2012. Need it for school. I attend DMAC in Boca, FL. BFA in Video Game Art (animation, 3D Modeling, etc.) Best Buy has had to exchange this laptop 3 times! Now this one is failing and they say I can mail it off (3-4weeks!) or pay a deposit ($400) to borrow the display model. The display model!!? Wow glas my business mean so much! The problem here is I am a 4.0 GPA (President's List) student if I sent off my laptop my GPA goes bye bye. If my gpa goes bye bye so does my ambassidor status and the finacing that goes with it. Which means I have to quit school. They could easily just help me get a different laptop even if I had to cover the difference. But, they wont. The manager Alex & Reginald actually said "It's not our fault you will fail your classes" How is it not your fault!!? 3 pc's days of aggrivation and waiting! Hours on the phone with Best Buy Corp office! How would you feel if everything you had worked so hard for was taken because Best Buy didn want to honor the warranty/tech support that I PAID for!!!??

If you are a 4.0 student... explain all the spelling errors.

You sound like a nut. Quit blaming other people for your failings.

If you are that smart you would be able to keep your grades up without a laptop.

I was a 4.0 student in college before computers were the norm and I had to use my brain and put forth an effort to keep my grades up. So grow up.

@Anonymous

Lmao....You two are dump beyond all rhyme or reason! 1st...

the *** and his spelling comment...the guy is in game development, NOT a Composition Major or Literary Works writer! So who gives a *** if there are a few grammatical errors...PUTZ! Which brings me to the *** and his comment about not needing a computer for Gaming development....ROFLMFAO!!!!! You have to easily slide in to WORLD'S DUMBEST RETARD!!!

How in the *** can you go to a class for computer animation without a computer you fool!!?? Man, there are some real "winners" out there! PS. If you two *** got f'ed out of $1300.00 you would be pissed as well.

Sure he sounds a little on the nutty side but, odds are he wrote this at the height of his aggravation. I sincerely pray something like this befalls the both of you and someone comes online and says something as retarded as your "statements" (by the way - you were speaking of illiteracy? I want you both to know I contacted this person and after some effort I got him to e-mail me proof of his GPA. He does indeed hold an AVG GPA of 4.0.

Not just 1 or 2 semesters, but every single one. So before you two idiots start trolling online I would advise a quick peek in a mirror.....IF you can stand such a sight!)

@Anonymous

OMG right...he said he used his "brain" to keep his grades up when he was in school....."...before computers were the norm..." Let me ask something then, did your brain go on vacation?! This guy, as the above comment so eloquently pointed out attends a school for a degree that REQUIRES a laptop (and a pretty powerful one at that - I CHECKED) for something like 75% of the classes!!

Animation, 3D Modeling, 3D Texturing, 3D Lighting, utilizing software like Maya, Adobe Master Suites (Photoshop, After Effect & Illustrator), ZBrush, Sketchbook.....and these are just a few! I don't care how "smart" you are, without a computer you cant use this software. Sure there are some classes such as Gen Ed, drawing (old school), and sculpting, painting...etc. in where you do not need a computer, but the vast majority of them REQUIRE it!!

So "smart" guy that can use software with out a computer...IF YOU ARE SO SMART, HOW ABOUT YOU ACTUALLY READ THE DANG MISSIVE BEFORE WRITING SUCH A BONEHEADED COMMENT!!

Tags
  • Horrific treatment by Best Buy
  • Kicked from school due to Best Buy
  • Abhorrent customer service Best Bu

Best Buy in Ocala, Florida - Poor customer service and online ordering.

Purchased a product online that is only sold online and was sent the wrong item. I had to go to the store to exchange it as I was told by the CSR over the phone. When I got there Brandon, the CSR saw me standing in line and went to the back after waiting on the customer in front of me. He was back there almost ten minutes. By the time he re emerged there were four people behind me in line. He comes out, walks to the register and asks if anyone has any returns/exchanges. Instead of asking me if he can assist me, since I was the next person in line. He was very rude and unprofessional. I ended up making a blank trip because he refused to exchange the purchase and told me I have to send return the item myself. I am not sure if he even knew what I was talking about. He glanced over my order receipt and threw down on the counter. I advised him that I was told to bring the item to the store and have them ship it back. He still refused. I called back to the 888 # once I got home only to be told by another rep that she would resend the correct order with a return label. I called back to the store to speak with a manager who was too busy with another customer to get on the phone. No one at Best Buy.com/store is on the same page. I will not do business with them again.

NO CONTROLLING THE MESSAGE HERE. BEST BUY FACEBOOK WILL JUST delete all your comments they are controlling the message

Antonya
@suxs

Thanks, suxs for the information.

Your story is typical of Best Buy's lack of customer service. There are other online shopping companies that are more reliable AND customer friendly.

There is no point complaining to Best Buy's corporate office as they are well aware of the customer service problem and do not really care.

The Dec 2012 issue of

CONSUMER REPORT rated retailers on page 25. Best Buy was at the bottom.

Antonya
@JohnT

Thank you JohnT for the information.

Best Buy in Winter Park, Florida - Bait & switch all in one computer

i bought a h.p. all in one computer at best buy , ft wayne..in .. salesman told me it came with a wireless mouse and keyboard, when i got it home and opened it, no wireless mouse/keyboard. called the next day. after being on hold 24 min. 27 secs. i got to talk to a person, i told her what went on , she put me on hold while she went to talk to the salesman. 9 min.3 secs. later another girl picks up the phone, asks if she could help me. told her what was going on and how long i was on hold and she hung up on me. called back , talked to a man this time , told him what was going on he said he would have a manager call me back. 1 hr. later the same guy called back. said they would sell me a wireless mouse/keyboard at half price....this is the worst case of bait & switch i have ever seen......they lied and ripped me off ............one time only.......

What do you think bait and switch is? I don't think it means what you think it means.

The Dec 2012 issue of CONSUMER REPORT rates retailers on page 25. Best Buy is at the bottom.

Your experience is not unusual. Maybe you should check that issue and make your future purchases with one of the top rated retailers.

View more comments (1)

Best Buy in Orlando, Florida - Poor display of Professionalism

Was on vacation in Kissimmee, FL & decided to visit a Best Buy there. It was store # 1411. My friend needed some accessories for his Apple iPad. First off, we weren't greeted at all when we entered the store. We find the computer department & it was very busy. 20 minutes go by & we are unable to get any help. There were 2 managers in the department just standing there, doing nothing. One of the managers, a bigger stocky guy, seemed to just yell & complain about his associates right in front of us. He was just talking to himself. I didn't get his name but I remember his initials being C.S. Another skinny manager his named, J.G., was very condescending to other shoppers & literally treated the employees like dogs there. The employees didn't seem very happy & neither were we. We ended up just leaving the store. I will never shop at Best Buy ever again.

I work at a Best Buy in Lincoln, NE. What you just described here is what I see everyday in my store.

It really makes me mad to know that this is a nationwide problem. I do not work in the computer department of my store and am asked to help out over there all the time cause managers and other employees are too lazy to do anything. The only reason I don't quit is cause I can't currently get another job. But I'm honest with every customer that I talk to and tell them not to expect much from most people that work there.

Best Buy has the lowest employee morale of any work place I've ever seen.

Mostly because the managers do exactly what you described. All they care about is their huge paychecks and monthly bonuses, while us employees that actually do the work are paid like ***

Best Buy-Horrible customer service

Most of us go to Best Buy for the low prices. And if you buy something through Best Buy.com and they have it in stock. Well you are probably o.k. But if there is an issue and you try to resolve it. The customer service for Best Buy is either unresponsive, does not have any answers, or they are rude. This Christmas my family gave me a Best Buy gift card to purchase a new lens for my camera. Before Christmas the lens was in stock and the price was $350. After Christmas the lens is sold out. So I called Best Buy customer service to try and find out when the lens would be in stock, since I have a gift card and I am locked into buying it through Best Buy. Customer service had no idea when the lens would be in stock. So, I went to my local store in Davie, FL and spoke with a manager (her name is Minerva) she was very rude and basically said it was an on-line issue and she could not help me. So then, I sent an e-mail to the CEO of Best Buy,Mr. Dunn, I have yet to receive any type of response. I do not understand how a company that deals in inventory can not know when an item will be in. I am stuck waiting around until the item is in stock. And I have no idea when that will be. It is very frustrating. This is my second issue with Best Buy. And I will never shop at there store again. Especially, when I can go on line to Amazon and purchase the same product for the same price.

Retail managers at the store level rarely have information on when a particular item will arrive. After Christmas most retailer bring in new product, but it does not necessarily arrive right away.

Especially in the current economy they are all wary over overstock. If your family knew you wanted the lens and it was in stock prior to Christmas why didn't they just buy it for you?

I feel your frustration. I wanted fresh eggs.

The F'n chicken didn't know when it was going to produce them. I mean WTF? Don't they know people want eggs? I sent a letter to Foghorn Leghorn to complain about it.

it was a few days later I got a visit from the Chickenhawk who broke both my legs. He told me never to complain about eggs not being in stock again. I will never eat eggs again.

I do NOT want a visit from Elmer Fudd. He packs heat.

Welcome to dealing with Corporate America. We shou

D all be used to this by now.

LMAO. Do you really think the CEO of Best Buy would even give you the time of day?

You have one *** of an ego.

Best Buy isn't obligated to stock an item just for your entitled princess attitude.

Your complaint is completely without merit. You need a reality check.

Loss
Beware before you buy anything from Best Buy. They have a new return policy but its not told to you until you try to return a purchase. because the fine print is on the purchase receipt you get after you buy the item. They require to give them a form of government ID....

Best Buy used to be one of the best places to look at cutting edge electronics and the store was always packed with people.

now you can go in there and their is barely a handful of people-at least where I live.I think a lot has to do with new policies such as charging you a restocking fee of $4oo because you didn't like the laptop you purchased. They almost charged me that when I asked before purchasing if it could be returned, no questions asked-they also ordered it to be sent from the factory so no charge should have been made.

Finally after a while and talking to a few people they realized their mistake. But it still was a hassle.

Shopping their isn't the pleasant experience it used to be. also good luck if you need information about products-there was nobody qualified to help me unless I waited for another sales person.

View more comments

All Best Buy Contacts

Best Buy Reviews

Best Buy reviews

BEST BUY DID NOT HONOR ADVERTIZED PRICE

went to Best Buys SARASOTA on Sunday 6/5/2011 to purchase a Palsma TV sales man was very frindley and helpfull when he recommed a samsung tv was at a sale price of $1249.00 I said ok I'll take the tv and audio dept sales manager said that was a tupe error and the price now is $2150.00 We complaine dlike *** but manager would not hourner the price this is bad business practice We wll never shop at best buys but will also complain to BBB. We have delt with Best Buys befor but never like this I think the store amanger is very rude.

It sounds like an error was made, I don't think it was any type of a scam. You're making a big deal out of nothing.

If he had told you that there was an error and the TV was $700, would you still be crying?