Slidell, Louisiana

Update by user Nov 10, 2013

I submitted a customer complaint to Best Buy via their web at the same time I posted this and they promptly replied. (I should have waited a bit before posting this).

Best Buy confirmed that the monitor was not available, period. They apologized for the inconvenience and offered me my choice of one of two comparable monitors for the same bargain price. This was more than fair so I bought one of the monitors and, because I am a premiere silver rewards zone member, shipping was free! They said they would notify IT of the problem who will correct their on line catalog to show that the item is unavailable or not in stock as the case may be.

This whole exchange reminded me of why I shop at Best Buy. They are large enough and flexible enough that they can and will fairly resolve any legitimate customer complaint.

Their on line customer support is exemplary and they are prompt. They value their customers.

Original review posted by user Sep 09, 2013

I tried to order an Acer - 20" LCD Monitor - Glossy Black from bestbuy.com (product url below) for $64.99 - a real deal. It would appear that the monitor is not available for pick up in any store and not available for shipping. The item should be removed from the bestbuy.com inventory since it is not available. In the alternative the product page should state that the item is out of stock. Continuing to advertise an item at a bargain that is not available (for shipping or pick up) is deceptive at best. Ordering and reordering an item that is not available was an unnecessary waste of my time. I am a Best Buy silver premier member and have been a loyal Best Buy customer since the early 80's. I expect better of the company.

Back story: According to bestbuy.com, the Acer - 20" LCD Monitor - Glossy Black Model: S202HL SKU: 1804069 is not available for shipping. The item must be picked up at a store. When I first tried to order the item on-line, it was not available at any store in any of the 3 cities I entered (New Orleans, St. Louis, or Indianapolis). The monitor is a gift for my son so ideally I wanted him to pick it up in Indy where he lives. However, for the price I would have picked it up here or had another relative pick it up in St. Louis and ship it to him. Best Buy customer service said a system error generated the unavailability status on-line and advised me to try again later. I did and this time I successfully ordered it (or so I thought) for him to pick up in Indy. A few hours later I got an email from bestbuy.com telling me that the item is not available at the location I selected. I called Best Buy to place the order by phone. I had the service rep check availability at stores in Indianapolis, St. Louis and New Orleans but the item was not available. I had her check two metropolitan areas in Mississippi as I am close to several stores in MS but still the monitor was not available. I went on-line and entered one major US city after another (Washington DC, Los Angeles, Seattle, Houston, Denver, Miami, New York, Boston, Mobile, Jackson, etc.) until I got tired. The monitor was not available in any city I entered. Since the monitor is not available for shipping and is not available for store pick up in any of 20 major metropolitan areas I entered, I have concluded it is not available period.

bestbuy.com product url:

Product or Service Mentioned: Best Buy Shipping Service.

Comments