Verified Reviewer

2.3

Ordered a refrigerator on Sept 27, 2021 for my son, who had just purchased a house. Set Delivery for Oct 5, 2021.

On 10/4 I went by the store to see if they could add pick up of an old appliance, the one stipulation I made from the start was "Do not do anything that would cause a problem with the delivery" because I traveled from out of state, so I could take care of hooking up his appliances, including this new refrigerator.

The next thing I was told was we lost our delivery, and it had to be rescheduled.

Now, hook up was a big issue. They assured delivery and hook up of the water line at no additional expense on 10/9/21 between 12-6PM. I stopped by the store (10/5) in Athens, GA to confirm the delivery and why I was charged another $75.59 the day before that was never mentioned or approved by me. Was told by the manager, Bridgette, that she couldn't answer that question since it started as an online order.

I would have to call the 800 number.

On 10/9 no email, no phone call, no delivery. Calling the only number available, was told it had to be rescheduled for 10/14. No real explanation or justification for the lack of notification. Now a refrigerator of food in coolers had no way to be kept.

I called and, 5 times, was disconnected while on hold for a supervisor.

Supervisor

1.5 hours later, finally talked to supervisor, Jesus M.

who only offered compensation after delivery in the form of a Best Buy card. No concern about the food being lost because the refrigerator was not delivered. Just "compensation after delivery". I kept asking how much the compensation would be and how was this going to replace the loss in food.

What good is a gift card to Best Buy when they don't sell groceries, and after being treated like this, would never use Best Buy again. His only answer was, "you need to go to the store and talk to the manager there". I informed him the manager at the store was helpless in correcting problems from online orders. Now they are pointing fingers at each other.

He assured me he could move the delivery up to 10/12. I have no confidence in their "assurances" after all that was said and not resolved on time.

No information given about how to contact someone at corporate to answer the questions.

He gave me the direct number to the store, but when calling that, it forwards back to the same call center as the 800 number, and going back to the store isn't possible since I was 5-6 hours away.

Thank you Lowe's.

Ordered a refrigerator on 10/9. Delivery on 10/11

User's recommendation: Avoid Best Buy. Once there is a problem, there is a central number and no real solutions.

Preferred solution: compensation for loss of food due to failure to deliver according to terms "assured" to me..

Best Buy Cons: No customer service.

Comments