1851 Marketplace Dr, Burlington, WA 98233
Verified Reviewer

Resolved
2.6
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Dec 04, 2019

So I went into my local store and found out that they consider the entire week of Thanksgiving "Black Friday" week so any discounts throughout that week is exempt from price matching so although I don't agree with that at least it was some kind of an answer that made some sense. I also found out Amazon had the Ipad for $50 cheaper this week so they did price match that for me, even though I didn't get my $100 back I guess $50 is better than nothing. I will say calling their Best Buy number and using their online chat got me absolutely nowhere however when I went into my local store and spoke with a manger, she was very friendly and did everything she could to help me out.

Original review posted by user Dec 03, 2019

I purchased an Ipad then 10 days later it dropped $100 so I call them on that Friday for a price match and was told they cant do any price matching until the following Tuesday so I call back on that day and was told since the ipad is no longer at the discounted price they would not price match me. What a total frickin scam.

I was prepared to take it back to the store and repurchase at the cheaper cost when I initially called but was promised I would get the price match. I was lied to and will never trust best buy again.

Best buy was one of the last stores I actually shop at because I buy everything on Amazon, now I will go to Amazon for everything. #DONEWITHBESTBUY

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Best Buy Pros: Getting product same day.

Best Buy Cons: Lie about price matching.

Comments

Best Buy WILL match prices during the entire week and even on Black Friday EXCEPT for "door buster" items - those super special limited items you have to get tickets for. And even items that are excluded from price match policy can sometimes be overridden by manager if you ask "NICELY".

I like the update that they took 50 bucks off but in your review there's a little hypocrisy since you were #DONEWITHBESTBUY.

@Anonymous

Are you an idiot...? I am done with them..

why in the *** would I turn down $50 credited back to my account, at least I got some satisfaction from the whole ordeal and the time I wasted on it.

What is the deal with this website and all the jack holes trolling in here.. Best Buy employees maybe?

@Anonymous

I like how some dip *** have nothing better to do than to troll websites and leave stupid comments

@Michael L

I replied because you're an entitled customer and give out bad reviews calling it a scam when its the policy not them denying just you. When you do get some break on the price you do nothing on the review stars to reflect this.

This is why retail employees dont go the xtra mile. Youre already ungrateful.

Also its cute you thumbs down the comments you dont like. Welcome to public forums mike...

@Anonymous

If you were paying any attention Michael, you would have noticed I did in fact change the stars up from 1 to 3 and left a comment that the store manager was very helpful. Im not trying to be entitled but I expect the discounts coming to me that they advertise and when I dont get them then of course I feel lied to, anyone would.

I thumbed down your comment because your an idiot, just like im going to thumb down your last comment. And if retail employees dont want to go the extra mile then thats a shame because they will all end up driving an Amazon truck if thats the case.

@Anonymous

Some people have no business being in public forums....

@Anonymous

You posted on a site that best buy isn't even affiliated with. You shouldn't even be on the internet let alone this forum. haha

Was this a black Friday price drop? They won't price match that for as long as their sale runs.

Why would youthink they'd do that?? Lol

No the price dropped on Wednesday, 2 days before Black Friday

@Michael L

Semantics. You aren't dumb.

You know it is part of their big sale for the holiday. And you also know that isn't covered under their price match guarantee. They have exclusions that are listed.

You are a big baby. Grow up.

@Anonymous

No *** i did not know the exclusions were for the entire week and when i called AND did an online chat they never told me that. And maybe some other people on this website didnt know that either so go troll somewhere else ***

Best Buy Reviews