Houston, Texas

I purchased an "open box" LG microwave oven in 2014 and was told that it was a floor model which explained the open box. Shortly after installation I had to call for repairs and the repairman that came to work on it informed me that it was a 2011 model!

So I have purchased a microwave oven in 2014 that is already 3 years old! Of course this information was not revealed before the purchase was made and once the purchase is made, any problems are between you and the manufacturer.

Upon complaining to BestBuy corporate offices, nothing was done to make this right. Will never shop at BestBuy again!

Product or Service Mentioned: Best Buy Installation.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Best Buy Cons: Misrepresentaion, Misrepresentation.

Comments

CompaniesNeedToListen

Open box items are often considered close outs, returns, things that got stuck with. It's very common for things products, including appliances and electronics to be years old.

They are offered at a discount for being open box, so they are considered non refundable.

I never take a gamble with these items, because I don't have the money to throw away. The only time it's worth buying items that are open box, is if you buy a Square Trade warranty, they will cover everything regardless of the age of the item.