2500 N Mayfair Rd, Wauwatosa, WI 53226
1.3

I tried to buy a new router at Best Buy. and after my experience a day I will never shop there again and I canceled my credit card account with them.

I bought one router there but the sales rep forgot to tell me that you needed a modem to work with it I didn't have a modem so I return the router. then I came back the next day and another sales rep said you can get a free modem from your cable provider Spectrum so I did that then I came back to Best Buy and I bought the second router I took it home with me. and try to use it.. It wouldn't work so I contacted Netgear customer service and I spent about 40 minutes on the phone with them trying to get it to work.

the tech support person said he did everything he could thought of. but it still wouldn't work so we told me it was defective. and I should take it back. so I took it back and I bought a third router from Best Buy.

The sales rep told me that the Nighthawk app that Netgear recommended to use should guide me through the whole process so that I wouldn't even need to speak with Netgear customer service. so I took this third router home and tried to use the Nighthawk app to install it at my on my computer. it still didn't work so I called Netgear customer service and spent another 40 or 50 minutes on the phone with their technical support person. he still couldn't get it to work so I finally just told him I was taking it back.

I took the router back and then I checked my bank account cuz I got a low balance notice. There was no money in my bank account they take out the money right away when you purchase something but apparently it takes 3 to 5 days to return money to your bank account which Best Buy didn't tell me or I would have asked for cash so now even though I don't have anything from Best Buy and I'll have to wait 3 to 5 days to get the money returned to my bank account I just decided to cancel my credit account credit card account with them and I'm not going to shop there anymore due to this experience.

Product or Service Mentioned: Netgear Router.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Cash refund instead of waiting for transmission of payment to bank account.

Best Buy Pros: Good selection of products.

Best Buy Cons: Product did not work after extensive contact with tech support.

• Best Buy Problems