Best Buy, Thousand Oaks CA

I bought a brand new Iphone 4 two days ago. I spent hours getting the thing set up just the way I wanted it.

Today at lunch I went to Best Buy and purchased an Invisashield screen protector and the person working there said that it was difficult to put on but they would do it for $7.99 and it would be perfect. Ok. I had them do it.

15 minutes later, I get my phone. I press the ON button and it is resetting. It then gives me an error message saying I was trying to put an accessory on it that was not compatible. I look into the dock port an see that the WATER sensor is RED meaning that the internal phone parts have been in contact with water.

I know from previous experience that the warranty is VOID if these sensors are RED. Even if a completely unrelated problem occurs and the sensors are RED I'd be SOL. So they basically voided my warranty.

I go back to the person and show it to her and she says that it should be OK, only 1 sensor is showing red...the one in the headphone jack is not.

I demand to speak with the manager....manager tells me that I must take the phone back to Apple Store where I purchased my phone, it is out of their hands.

Firstly, Best Buy is an Apple Retailer. Second, Best Buy ruined my phone...not Apple. Thirdly, my lunch hour is now over and I need to go to work.

The final resolution is that APPLE agreed to replace the phone...but even they were aghast that Best Buy would handle things the way they did.

I have spent about 4 hours so far driving back and forth from Best Buy, Apple Store and my office....and my new iphone is having syncing issues...so who know how much time this will take.

Lesson Learned......DO NOT EVER HAVE BEST BUY DO ANY REPAIR WORK FOR YOU...better yet....DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM THEIR CR$#$PY EMPLOYEES.

Had an Experience with Best Buy?

Comments

best buy would screw up a cup of coffee and you let them have your phone