Phone lines | Best Buy in Washington, District Of Columbia

After I purchased a dishwasher by phone, I was holding the line for installation for 20 minutes with loud music in my ear, and no one answers. I called customer service again, and the same thing happened. I called and complained and was told it would only take a minut, and the same thing happened. I called a fourth time, and asked to speak to a supervisor but the appliance specialist told me he was not available. I asked him to have installation call me to set up an appointment but he told me he couldn't do it. Finally I yelled at him and cancelled my order. Everytime I call, I have to press bottons on the phone to be connected to the right person, who just connects me with an appliance specialist who has to ask me everytime for my address and phone. I am never purchasing anything again from Best Buy. I hope they go out of business. They have no sense of customer service.

Best Buy.com SUCKS. I have attempted to be patient, I've even called back 6 times at this point, but I am NOT willing to do business with an outfit that can't their own SH"" together.

I ordered a wine cellar two weeks ago and wanted to see if I could move my date by one day since I wasn't going to be home. I finally get some guy on the phone (after I don't know how many calls I made, hmm six)! And he tells me the delivery is delayed by another 2 weeks. That's now a MONTH for a friggin' wine fridge!

I called other vendors, (LOWES) and their customer service person was so helpful she was a pleasure. Not only did she get the sale, she also had a very happy customer. I called BB back to cancel and the person that took my call told me the order is scheduled to deliver on the original date. She was checking something with the wharehouse - got disconnected AGAIN! Called back (#7) and wanted to just cancel the *** order. Can't stand incompetence. Take note Best Buy -

Patrick

maybe some of us are disgusted by how people don't know how to just shop instead of finding things to complain about.

Disgusted by customer service in best buy and comments here that are mean and irrelevant.

yeah, i hope best buy goes out of business to, screw the economy, americans having jobs is ***. Oh and I think it is *** that they didnt memorize your personal information they should know your phone number and address off the top of their head because thats info you want a stranger to know. Next time you need to buy something, order it online yourself or go in the store, or wait your *** turn ***.

I did not know you were so important that you do not have to wait your turn. When a company is waiting on another customer they can not tell the customer they are waiting on that you came in and you are more important and can not be kept waiting.

Patrick

you just sound like you're an impatient *** that doesn't know how to use a phone.

View more comments (5)
Best Buy Installation
Best Buy sold a gas stove at a price which quoted free delivery and installation. When gas line needed an adaptor, the installers left and said it was my responsibility, even though installation was "free". The manager denied that the contract said that - even though...

Sounds like either there was a problem with your gas line in your home or you are using Propane instead of Natural Gas. Either way you need a licensed professional to do that work. Some Best Buy store do either have those people or contract them out. You need to make sure you know of any problems before going in. The contract you sign does outline this info on it.

As long as there are no problems with the gas line, then it is free installation.

This sounds like either you are complaining about something that is your fault or a salesperson did not give you enough information. Either way you have a copy of the contract and it is your responsibility to read it before signing.

View more comments
Best Buy Installation

Best Buy doesn't honor online installation prices

I recently got a holiday gift that requires installation. I looked online and Best Buy was offering installation services for around $100. It looked so convenient - just add the installation to the cart, pay online, then go to the local store to get the work done. Except that when I called to confirm and get an appointment for installation, they informed me the charge would be around $300 - about 3 times the online price. When I complained, Best Buy's corporate office called to inform me they do not honor online pricing on installations. Each store is permitted to determine pricing on the spot, regardless of what prices and services Best Buy has advertised or even pre-sold online. Fair enough, but then isn't it illegal to advertise or sell installation services online? Thank goodness we learned of this policy before we ordered anything large or expensive from them! We declined to have the item installed at Best Buy and we'll never shop Best Buy again.

Discount services on things like a TV installation usually happen at the time of purchase of the product they are intended for; not as a stand alone item. Check the ad again, or provide us a link so we might discuss it further.

Best Buy Reviews