Sold me a USED refrigerator as NEW!!!! | Best Buy review from Washington, District Of Columbia

After having my Frig for for years and dealing with it leaking for about 2 years, I previously had a Tech look at it and he states it had been worked on before. He refused to make any repairs to it. I later called out Best Buy's people to look at it and they said the same thing. That it had been worked on before. I had never had a repair person to fix or make any repairs to the frig! The sore manager passed the buck to the 1800 customer service and said he could not do anything, customer relations and the service supervisor passed the buck back to the store. The store even had the audacity to recommend that I contact LG and deal with them. I will be contacting the Corporate office directly! They RIPPED ME OFF!!!
Loss

Best buy lies

I called a store as soon as they opened this morning, and was told that Best buy would hold a product for me for one hour. I was in the store ten minutes later. After going back and forth with customer service and the eletronics deparment. I was asked if I was going to purchase the insurance plan, I stated no that I was not going to at this time. Knowing that in the past purchase's with this store I had 14days to decide if I did infact which to add the insurance. All of a sudden they are out of the product I was in the store for. Worst part is leaving work to go to the store only to be told the guy standing next to me was getting the product I had called in about. Apparently it pays to not just buy the product but all the extra's as well to insure you get what you came for.

they lied and said my home was dirty in fact it wasent it was cleaned before they came and the floors were mopped (wood floors) because of that they are not coming back to fix it

I bought some appliances from best buy and explicitly selected the delivery date by clicking a day on the calendar on the bb site that said the appliances were available.

Ten days later, on the day of delivery I called about the expected time frame and was told that the appliances would not be delivered because they did not have them in stock.

I could not believe my ears! Not only will I not have appliances for an undetermined time in my new home, but no one from bb notified me of this debacle. When I called their customer service number, to get some answers and a resolution, the supervisor wes terribly rude, unprofessional and hung up on me.

I am going to contact the C-Level executives from Best Buy and unless they rectify this horrendous situation, I will NEVER shop there again.

Diane

Don't buy from Best Buy (BB). They threw out the investigator from Consumer Affairs on my complaint.

They lied to me about what was wrong with my computer.

Investigator called BB corporate and got me a new laptop and $500 gift certifice for BB. Won't ever do business with them again.

View more comments (3)
Review

Best Buy doesn't honor online installation prices

I recently got a holiday gift that requires installation. I looked online and Best Buy was offering installation services for around $100. It looked so convenient - just add the installation to the cart, pay online, then go to the local store to get the work done. Except that when I called to confirm and get an appointment for installation, they informed me the charge would be around $300 - about 3 times the online price. When I complained, Best Buy's corporate office called to inform me they do not honor online pricing on installations. Each store is permitted to determine pricing on the spot, regardless of what prices and services Best Buy has advertised or even pre-sold online. Fair enough, but then isn't it illegal to advertise or sell installation services online? Thank goodness we learned of this policy before we ordered anything large or expensive from them! We declined to have the item installed at Best Buy and we'll never shop Best Buy again.

Discount services on things like a TV installation usually happen at the time of purchase of the product they are intended for; not as a stand alone item. Check the ad again, or provide us a link so we might discuss it further.

Best Buy Installation

Best Buy Fraud of the Day!

Last week a found that Best Buy had put the Apple Magic Mouse on sale for $59. You could not order it on-line but could pick it up from a store. From Las Vegas the nearest store was in New Mexico. (No one has had a Magic Mouse for weeks even the Apple Stores.) So this week I went back on-line and the sale is off. Bait and switch or just plain fraud...you be the judge. Now how can you have a sale when you don't have the product. You can't fix *** or Best Buy.
Everett

Was the item an "Outlet Item" or just a sale item? Outlet is completely limited to "while supplies last" and limited to the locations that have one.

Basic sales are in fact, week-to-week. Every Sunday a new ad is released nationally, with new items, new sales, etc.

Why not call the store that so far away and ask if they'd ship it to a closer one?

sales end you know. and one best buy might have different stock on hand then another best buy store. lol, too funny

You are the living proof that you can't fix ***. Read up on fraud (and bait and switch) BEFORE you start yelling fire in a crowded theater.

View more comments (2)

Best Buy chgs. $30.00 to update 2mo old

Best Buy charges $30.00 to update the firmware on a Insignia Blu-ray player.This is ***.They really should change their name to - Not the worst Buy. Yea you can spend 30 min. of you your time on the phoe with Insignia if they can even speak your language you might get a update cd in 2 weeks.Too bad Toshiba lost the war my HD DVD works great. I would hold off on getting any Blu-Ray purchases.You can go to the site if you have the correct dvd burning software to burn an ISO image.

Haha, wow. Do you buy cars and not know how to fill your own gas tank?

Seriously. Learn how to use or research about the technology you buy.

In any service industry you are paying for what they know.

Dumbest complaint by far here.

I have that player..bought it for 159.99 at clearance..updated the firmware easy..do you want someone to wipe your *** as well?..learn to use the technology you purchase..lol

View more comments (3)
Review

Best Buy tried to steal from us

My wife received 2 palm pilots for Christmas a couple years ago. The lesser of of the two came with a BestBuy.com gift receipt. My wife then tried to return it to the nearest store (60 miles away) and the clerk was very helpful until....... she said she had a problem. She called the manager over help. He explained the product was from BestBuy.com and could not be returned to the store. My wife was disappointed she made the trip but said she would mail it back to Bestbuy.com, but the manager of the Coralville store said he could not give her the item back because it had been run through the register as a return and he would be short the $100 if he didn't have the item to show for it. She said fine she would take the $100 instead, but he said he couldn't do that either because it wasn't from a, "brick and mortar" location. After a heated discussion, my wife left with nothing and relayed the story to me at home. I called the store the next morning and spoke to the store manager (who was the same person who dealt with my wife) and explained the problem. He said there was nothing he could do. After more discussion he said he would give a $100 gift card but he would have to fire the original gal who helped my wife and I would be responsible for that. I hung up and called the corporate office and was put on a 3 way conference call with the manger and verified the story. The corporate office told me to return to the store (120 miles round trip) and pick up my refund.

You said that it could not be returned, but you also said that it had been rung through as a return. Bestbuy.com purchases can be returned in store, it happens all the time.

Plus if the register accepted the return there would of been no problem. If it didn't the product would not be part of BB inventory so they would of given it right back to you.

Best Buy Manager

Best Buy Lost My Laptop & Won't Return Calls!

Best buy is being sued for millions for loosing a lap top, probably more to make a point than anything. Read the story here: http://redtape.msnbc.com/2008/02/a-lost-laptop-a.html#posts I have searched the internet and found many stories of Best Buy customer abuse. Here is ours. Please excuse any typos. Before the start of law school I purchased a Gateway laptop at a Best Buy on the advice of a salesperson there. Last November the laptop had so many problems that I had to replace it. I visited the same store and the salesperson told me that Gateways were poor computers. This annoyed me, but I purchased a fairly expensive Sony Vaio because of the company’s reputation. At the end of December I noticed that it had a cracked screen, so my fiancé took it into another location of Best Buy to have it repaired on December 30th. He had a few runarounds with them the facts of which I am not certain. Then I received a call from Best Buy (it was an automated message) that my laptop was ready to be picked up. We drove to the store and the laptop was unrepaired. It took them forever to find the laptop, and then they told us that we had refused the estimate. This is completely untrue and in fact we had never received a phone call from them at all until the one notifying us to pick the laptop up. My fiancé was very frustrated because, in part, of his recent issues with the company relating to this repair, so he asked to see a store manager. He had dealt with the repairs division manager before and that was not helpful to him at all. A manager came over and he was very rude. The staff rolled their eyes at me when I was signing the new repair order because I actually read what it said. Then when they printed out a contract to give us it was pretty much blank because the printer was out of ink. When we complained and asked for a readable copy we were made to feel like we were being ridiculous and were told that they could not print us a clear copy because they had no ink! A few weeks later I received an automated message from Best Buy that said that the laptop would be shipped back via UPS within 5 business days. I assumed that this meant shipped back to Best Buy since that was the agreement and at no point was shipping to my house ever discussed. On Monday my fiancé called Best Buy and again they could not find the laptop. Getting fed up with Best Buy he called the corporate customer care line and spoke to a representative. She was helpful to a point and filed an official complaint against the store itself (or so she said) but then she started trying to tell my fiancé since they shipped it to Sony we had to take it up with Sony as they were liable. He asked for a supervisor and put me on the phone. The supervisor again tried to tell me that Sony was liable, but then I explained that I did not think so, we had left the laptop in their care, I have no agreement with Sony. Then she said something like, “of course”, which makes me wonder if she was deliberately trying to trick me. She asked what I wanted and I told her that I wanted my repaired computer as soon as possible and if they could not do that I wanted another of the same make, year and model. She said the latter was out of the question and went to see where the computer actually was. When she came back on the line she said that according to the tracking number she had, Sony had shipped it via Federal Express and it was delivered on the 8th. I told her that was unacceptable: shipping to my home made no sense as the repair bill was over $600 (she agreed that made no sense), that shipping to my house was never discussed and never even mentioned and it goes against their regular business practice, that I never had anything shipped here because I live in a city row home, and that no package was received. She said she would try to find a solution for me and get back to me in 24 hours. I never received a phone call from her so 48 hours later I phoned the corporate customer service number. I spoke at first to a new service representative and she could not find ANY record of any of my dealings with them on this mater no matter how she searched. The supervisor was not available as she was “helping another customer”. I was transferred into her voicemail and left her a lengthy message. Now it is February 22 and I have not yet received a return phone call. I am trying to let as many people as I can know about this. There are so many problems with the company’s story: I received the phone call about delivery after the 8th and from the company, even though the company made it sound as if Sony unilaterally decided to mail the laptop to me. She had a tracking number all along and still behaved as though she didn’t know what was going on or where my laptop is, and I was on the phone with her for almost an hour. She seems to have known that I shouldn’t have to deal with Sony, she did not return my call, she was not available to talk, and the records of all of this have “disappeared”. Don’t shop at Best Buy!

Never a Best Buy!

I dropped off a Sony DVD player on Jan. 21 2008 for repair and its still not back. Every time I call and ask to speak to a manager, its like a "Top Secret" to get a managers name let alone have one call you back. From reading all of these posts you would think there is an army of us abused customers! Why are we not picketing the stores and taking out ads stating what best buy is doing to us? I for one drive up to Minn. 4 or 5 times a year on business and plan on stopping by their corp. office and dropping off a bunch of letters to their CEO, President, and as many VP.'s as I can find!

It is because everyone thinks the have such great prices. They dont I see the same price or less everywhere else.

And they hire idiots!!!

Support your local hifi stores. Most will match price and know how to deliver customer service.

Best Buy Manager

Best Buy is a ***!

I went in on Black Friday, nice and early to get a good deal. I got 2 tickets for laptop computers that were advertised in the paper. The Gateway laptop for $599.99 and a Toshiba laptop for $799.99. There were no prices on the ticket, just a bunch of bar codes and the title of the product.I stood in line for about 4 hours, the cashier rang me up and told me to pick the items up in the back. The next day I go to look at the receipts and realize that they charged me an extra $128 for each computer for 2 software and installation for these software, which was not disclosed to me nor was on the advertisement. I call customer service and they tell me to go ahead and bring it in and it would not be a problem. So I went in to Best Buy two days ago and tell them what happened. She said they would check on it. She took the laptops to Geek Squad, which was right behind the Customer Service desk and she said they would take a look. I told her that the Gateway shouldn't be opened since I was returning the Gateway completely. She replied with, They have to check on the software,so I let it go assuming that was her acknowledgment that I was not responsible for opening it. Then a manager comes back and says that I had to have known about the software and the installation charges because the bar codes were on the ticket. There were in fact bar codes all over the ticket but no prices or anything saying that they were an additional cost. The price for the actual product was also not on the ticket, it was in the ad. So naturally, I was upset that they charged me for something without disclosing it.. In addition, he said that there would be a restocking fee since the laptops were opened.. When I explained that they were the first to open it, they said that the boxes were already opened. The customer service rep also denied the fact that I told her not to open it since I was returning the Gateway outright and actually yelled and pointed at me saying that I was wrong. ( She was probably in high school). The manager basically said no and to take it up with Customer Service through the 800 line and walked away. This is one of the most frustrating situations that I have had to deal with. In the past 3 months I have spent over $3500 in appliances and electronics through them and they basically turn me away without any kind of help. They are outright liars and thieves. I plan to call my credit card company and dispute these charges as well as file a complaint with the BBB. I am so disappointed and upset. Consumers should not be lied to and charged for items that were not purchased. In addition customer service was terrible, I understand that the rep was very young but her attitude only made the fire stronger.I am never going back to Best Buy again.

You are right, Bestbuy is a rip off. I wanted to buy one of the gateway at $599 and they did not have any in stock but they had a display model.

The manager would not sell it due to some sort of sku problem. She stated she was sure I would be happy taking it home today but laughed and stated I would have to come back in the week when they would be getting more.

Apparently they don't want to sell computers. I won't be back.

#19868

Yeah, never buy anything from the BB... they employ some of the biggest idiots and liars I have ever seen.

And yes, most of them are in highschool. And I hope they never grad and are forced to work at that dumb store for the rest of their dumb lives.

And as I never shop there. I'll never need to deal with them.

View more comments (1)