Been a consumer at Best Buy for years. In 2016 purchased a smart TV with a 4 year warranty.

Watching a movie a few nights ago and we heard a crackling and then hundred's of pixels across the screen. I called our internet provider to see if our box was experiencing issues. NO. We then put in a DVD (no cable provider) and still the pixels.

We took the set back to Best Buy yesterday morning and we were told that our protection plan did not cover accidents. What did they mean by accident. Their reply, if you three a football or remote at your TV. What I said.

We were watching a movie when it happened. Sure you were was the reply we received. spoke the Best Buy's Sony expert who said he could see an indentation in the screen. I questioned all possibilities and neither Best Buy or the Sony expert were able to confirm as this was a rare situation.

Since there were no markings on the actual screen I asked if something internally could have happened causing an indentation. No one could respond to that question. We had planned to replace the set however Best Buy refused to refund us the entire amount, only refund $95.00 out of a $749.00 purchase. I CAN ASSURE YOU nothing was thrown or hit the television screen.

I was there and what I heard a saw is the absolute truth. I myself, will think twice about purchasing anything further from Best Best.

Product or Service Mentioned: Protection Plan.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments