I bought a new washer/dryer which was to be delivered on a Monday between 9am and 12pm. Under "special instructions", I asked to have someone call me at least 30 minutes prior to getting to my house, since my office is only 10 minutes away.

Best Buy advised that calling 20-30 minutes prior to delivery is protocol. I guess they don't care about protocol, because dispatch didn't call me until the driver actually got to my house. I told them I'd be home in 10 minutes and they said they'd wait, but by the time I got home, they were gone. I called customer service (another nightmare) and was transferred at least 5 times (accidentally, mind you...

they put you on hold and then the call randomly gets picked up by another customer service representative who is even more clueless than the representative who put you on hold in the first place). Not only was I transferred 5 times, but the call was disconnected 3 times, so I had to keep calling back. Not one of those representatives was even remotely helpful. They told me that my "case" was being escalated to a case manager.

It was not. In fact, the paperwork needed to assign a case manager was never even completed. They told me someone would call me back to reschedule a delivery for the very next day. No one ever called.

I had to call them the next morning to reschedule only to find out that there was "nothing they could do" for at least 24 hours because the appliances had to get checked back in to the warehouse before they could schedule another delivery time and date. It was insanely frustrating. I just didn't even want to deal with them anymore.

I ended up canceling the entire order and I went to Home Depot (who retroactively price matched Best Buy's sale price, by the way). I had no problems with them at all!

Product or Service Mentioned: Best Buy Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Best Buy Pros: Price.

Best Buy Cons: Delivery and customer care.

Comments