SOn September 16, 2020, I purchased a Best Buy gift card for $500.00 from CVS located at 6200 W Higgins, Chicago, IL 60630 / Store #8756 Register 3 Transaction 4465 / CSHR# 0582602 / Bar Code on Receipt: 3508 75** **40 46** **. / Best Buy Gift Card # 6119 43** **14 4818

When I went to use it, and it came time to scratch off the 4 digit code, the number came off and was not readable.

I returned to CVS and was told that there are no refunds or exchanges on gift cards.

I told them the card was damaged. They told me to call Best Buy.

Best Buy told me that since it was purchased at a 3rd party vendor, they are not responsible for it.

I have contacted BBB reporting CVS and CVS is not responsible. I reported Best Buy and they said that they are not responsible as the card was activated. All gift cards are activated when you purchase them, that is proof that is was paid for.

Best Buy put a freeze on the card so it cannot be used. And wont do anything about it

I have the receipt and all the documentation.

Their Customer Service is the worse. I would never personally buy anything from this company.

When I first started this to get a refund, they were nasty, and had "I don't care attitude" If Best Buy doesn't help me, I will contact every agency that I can until Best Buy refund my money or issues another gift card. To me, they seem to say, your gift card, doesn't work, too bad, too sad.

User's recommendation: Stay Away they are not the "BEST BUY".

Best Buy Pros: No pros.

Best Buy Cons: Poor customer service both on phone and in store, Not willing to work with customer, Not willing to go the extra mile, Takes no responsibility for damaged gift cards.

Comments

#1956202

You damaged the card that was purchased at CVS. How is best buy responsible for your own stupidity?

Best Buy Reviews