Verified Reviewer

3.1

I have recently purchased a complete new desktop system from BestBuy in Lynnwood, WA. I have had a few items that needed to be returned and was told that 1-800-bestbuy was the number I needed to call to accomplish this task, These items were a DVD read/write drive and a display cable.

The drive was wrongly pulled and shipped by BestBuy and the cable was sold to me after I asked if my new monitor came with a cable or not, I was told it did not come with one. So I had to purchase a cable I did not need. I wanted to return both items and I wanted BestBuy to supply me with a shipping label of their choice to send them back to BestBuy.

The first person I spoke to a lady that wanted to argue about what 10-15 business days means. I told her this was 2-3 weeks of time and she hung up on me.

I then called back and spoke to a man named Louise (spelling) I was eventually told that that service was not available to me in Ketchikan, Alaska.

I did not accept that answer and asked to speak to a supervisor. I was told that it wouldn't make any difference and that I wouldn't get any different response from a supervisor. I insisted on talking to a supervisor. Louise left me on hold for over 1 and 1/2 hours promising that a supervisor was on their way.

After much discussion he finally told me that Pedro was the supervisors name and that he was indeed a real person. I accused him of lying to me and eventually Louise said his supervisor said he was offering me a $25 gift card in place of not returning the items and not getting a refund for these 2 items. I pressed him for a gift card that equaled the purchase cost of the 2 items which was approximately $43.00. He said he was writing it down and sending it to his supervisor to see if it could be approved.

He then next hung up on me. After 1 hour and 39 minutes of my time and a lot of stress my BestBuy experience was terminated by being hung up on. This was obviously an infuriating situation, especially after having spent approximately $2400.00 at BestBuy and applied for the BestBuy credit card and I was just trying to return 2 smaller items.

There is no excuse for this behavior and neither time was an accident or else they would have called me back based on the phone number they both proved they had off of the caller ID. Also, everything is documented in your phone recording I hope and can be pulled for review.

I would like resolution of this incident.

I would prefer a gift card for the total return amount and not have to bother with shipping them back. Although I will if that is what you folks choose.

Seems to me the customer this time deserves the benefit of not having to return these items and receives a gift card. I have hours now of my personal time invested in this debacle and I would like to know that both of these individuals experience repercussions for their actions.

Good day

User's recommendation: Make sure your sales person sends you the right items.

Best Buy Pros: Great products.

Best Buy Cons: Refund service sucks.

Comments