52 E 14th St #64, New York, NY 10003, USA
1.5

update crashed phone! Samsung Bad Customer Service.

Refused to help unless I give them more money! My S7 edge did a software update during the night and the next day my phone crashed. First it was stuck on the samsung logo then it tried to reboot itself. It crashed shortly after and refused to charge.

None of the soft reset options worked. I bought this phone on March 1st 2017 at Best Buy. I took it back to Best Buy expecting it to be covered under the 1 year Manufacturer's warranty. They refused to offer me the warranty because of a small crack on the edge of the phone.

(Note: this crack is very insignificant and happened over 7 months ago) . This crack has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the update crash. The many people that have complained about update crashes are a testimony to that. Best Buy Samsung Representative and Service Technician refused to fix the phone unless I paid them $250 to fix the screen first.

Even after that, I am not guaranteed that the phone will be fixed or that they can offer me a replacement! I called Samsung over the phone and they offered the poorest customer service I have ever experienced. No solution to offer. No choice but to pay an additional $250 to fix MY SCREEN (not the hardware problem) even though it is still under a year since I bought it.

This update crash has happened to so many samsung users. I am beginning to think it is a tactic to get people to buy the newer models. They are intentionally crashing phones with their updates.

They are very much aware that the update has crashed the phone yet all their policies conveniently take the responsibility of the DEFECTIVE HARDWARE off of them. HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED IN SAMSUNG AND BEST BUY !!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Samsung Electronics Galaxy Edge S7 Cell Phone.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Best Buy Pros: Parking thats all they have there.

Best Buy Cons: Price.

• Bad Cutomer Service
  • Scam
  • Software Update
  • S7Edge

Comments

I'm an old man, alive since the 1950's.

I've never owned a cell phone and have no plans to do so.

Look at all the trouble and expense I save myself.

Smart me.