Best Buy - Crappiest customer support specialists know nothing about computer technology!
This is a complaint on the quality of customer service, not just today, but every day I go there.
I was disappointed again coming to Best Buy today, this time to see the laptop in person that I have read about for years. Not new, by any means-- it's a Samsung Series 7 laptop. Series 9 is out with higher demand and is probably why the prices are dropping for the Series 7.
Talked to another customer service specialist in the Best Buy computer department while standing next to my computer I had just purchased.She was probably right out of high school, but I gave her the benefit of the doubt.
I asked her what she liked about my model.
"ya, this one's pretty good" this one, ... it's you know... got a shiny aluminum casing... so it's pretty good... yeah... probably one of the best ones here."
I started going into detail about the 8GB SSD cache, and she acted like she knew what I was talking about, so I asked her how many other computers they have in stock with SSD technology. She hesitated for a second and said, "well not many" ... I then - having a feeling on what she was going to say next - asked her, "could you point them out?" ... then she says, "I actually don't know what that is..." I didn't want to rub it in her face, but I wanted to make sure-- "you haven't ever heard about SSDs or SSD caching?" she says, "no... they actually don't teach us that here." Inside, I was really disappointed at this statement... little does she know that this is one of the most important specifications on this computer and she hasn't even heard about it and is trusted to assist customers. I felt I was obligated to give her a VERY basic rundown on what they are, stressing that if she has the most minute interest in computer technology, she needs to probably do a little reading, but I know she won't. It's kinda sad I had to introduce a technology to her that will one day be in every laptop. The saddest part, though, is that most people have been reading about this SSDs for two or more years and now it is finally in Best Buy stores, but their blue suited customer support specialists still don't know about the technology. Almost every visit at Best Buy shames the business. The products in the store are great products, but the quality of who they hire are bottom line worthless.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Samsung Laptop
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a Samsung dishwasher in Dec 2012 from a Best Buy store in Douglasville GA. It was on a clearance sale and was $499. I waited a few days..."
- "First, the delivery guys took the doors and shelves/bins off the new fridge, and placed them in the wet grass and dirt, leaning them up unprotected, against the tree in..."
- "On June 30th I had placed an order for a Samsung Refrigerator via bestbuy.com, due to some reasons I had to call the customer service rep to finish my order...."
- "I have owned my battery for around 2 years. Recently I was told by several mechanics that I had a bad cell in my battery and to replace it. As..."
- "Collin and his associate came over to my house today to help with my kitchen counter-top which had been damaged by humid water damage that started three years ago...the Insurance..."
- "Horrible customer service, don't buy here, save yourselfs some grieve. After being told to take the machine apart, see where the leak was coming from, take pictures, video, then they..."
- "Facts:2010-10-03 - Using dutygearstore.com's web site, I placed an order for one Benchmade 5000 Presidio ComboEdgeÂ®/ BK1 Coated Blade/ Black Handle.2010-10-04 - Using dutygearstore.com's web site, I canceled the order...."
- "This company, (Life Cell Skin), doesn't just try to rip you off . . . their customer service stinks!!!I spoke to Victoria Menard who said she would rectify the situation..."
- "We have had a commercial loan with US Bank since 1989. When we listed our building, we were told of the pre-pmt penalty but were promised they would waive..."