Best Buy - Crappiest customer support specialists know nothing about computer technology!
This is a complaint on the quality of customer service, not just today, but every day I go there.
I was disappointed again coming to Best Buy today, this time to see the laptop in person that I have read about for years. Not new, by any means-- it's a Samsung Series 7 laptop. Series 9 is out with higher demand and is probably why the prices are dropping for the Series 7.
Talked to another customer service specialist in the Best Buy computer department while standing next to my computer I had just purchased.She was probably right out of high school, but I gave her the benefit of the doubt.
I asked her what she liked about my model.
"ya, this one's pretty good" this one, ... it's you know... got a shiny aluminum casing... so it's pretty good... yeah... probably one of the best ones here."
I started going into detail about the 8GB SSD cache, and she acted like she knew what I was talking about, so I asked her how many other computers they have in stock with SSD technology. She hesitated for a second and said, "well not many" ... I then - having a feeling on what she was going to say next - asked her, "could you point them out?" ... then she says, "I actually don't know what that is..." I didn't want to rub it in her face, but I wanted to make sure-- "you haven't ever heard about SSDs or SSD caching?" she says, "no... they actually don't teach us that here." Inside, I was really disappointed at this statement... little does she know that this is one of the most important specifications on this computer and she hasn't even heard about it and is trusted to assist customers. I felt I was obligated to give her a VERY basic rundown on what they are, stressing that if she has the most minute interest in computer technology, she needs to probably do a little reading, but I know she won't. It's kinda sad I had to introduce a technology to her that will one day be in every laptop. The saddest part, though, is that most people have been reading about this SSDs for two or more years and now it is finally in Best Buy stores, but their blue suited customer support specialists still don't know about the technology. Almost every visit at Best Buy shames the business. The products in the store are great products, but the quality of who they hire are bottom line worthless.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Samsung Laptop
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a Samsung dishwasher in Dec 2012 from a Best Buy store in Douglasville GA. It was on a clearance sale and was $499. I waited a few days..."
- "I had purchased a washing machine from Best Buy Allen Park, I had it delivered and installed in October 2009, it was messing up in 2012 and it recently started..."
- "Told the tech at Geek Squad 3 times no I don't want to buy the 200.00 year coverage, I turn my back and the little creep sold it to my..."
- "I went to the local Fry's Store in Phoenix, AZ on Jan 20th and cashed in my coins as I have many times at the same location. I went to redeem..."
- "Copy of E-mail I sent GE:I spent thousands of $$$ on putting all monogram appliances into my re-modeled home, purchased from Spencerâ€™s in Phoenix AZ.The Refrigerator (ZISS480DRISS) brokeâ€¦of course following..."
- "Bought a 7" RCA tablet (RCT6077W22) back on Friday this last Christmas from Wal-mart and it took only 7 months to die. The battery started to grow slowly. ..."
- "I purchased a new home in May of 2016 from this builder in Indianola Iowa. The home itself was beautiful and they did an overall great job. I did not..."
- "For the record I am professional whom runs a business that starts and finishes with customer service. Additionally, I usually let experiences in my personal life that pertain to poor..."
- "I purchased a Natuzzi sectional at Macy's 7 months ago. Within about 4 months the cushions started collapsing and the leather wrinkling. Where the recliner lays back it began rubbing..."