Best Buy - Crappiest customer support specialists know nothing about computer technology!
This is a complaint on the quality of customer service, not just today, but every day I go there.
I was disappointed again coming to Best Buy today, this time to see the laptop in person that I have read about for years. Not new, by any means-- it's a Samsung Series 7 laptop. Series 9 is out with higher demand and is probably why the prices are dropping for the Series 7.
Talked to another customer service specialist in the Best Buy computer department while standing next to my computer I had just purchased.She was probably right out of high school, but I gave her the benefit of the doubt.
I asked her what she liked about my model.
"ya, this one's pretty good" this one, ... it's you know... got a shiny aluminum casing... so it's pretty good... yeah... probably one of the best ones here."
I started going into detail about the 8GB SSD cache, and she acted like she knew what I was talking about, so I asked her how many other computers they have in stock with SSD technology. She hesitated for a second and said, "well not many" ... I then - having a feeling on what she was going to say next - asked her, "could you point them out?" ... then she says, "I actually don't know what that is..." I didn't want to rub it in her face, but I wanted to make sure-- "you haven't ever heard about SSDs or SSD caching?" she says, "no... they actually don't teach us that here." Inside, I was really disappointed at this statement... little does she know that this is one of the most important specifications on this computer and she hasn't even heard about it and is trusted to assist customers. I felt I was obligated to give her a VERY basic rundown on what they are, stressing that if she has the most minute interest in computer technology, she needs to probably do a little reading, but I know she won't. It's kinda sad I had to introduce a technology to her that will one day be in every laptop. The saddest part, though, is that most people have been reading about this SSDs for two or more years and now it is finally in Best Buy stores, but their blue suited customer support specialists still don't know about the technology. Almost every visit at Best Buy shames the business. The products in the store are great products, but the quality of who they hire are bottom line worthless.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Samsung Laptop
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Laptop advertised in paper ad and on Internet from Walmart for $549. Found out can only order on line. Click on ad and took me to Walmart's site..."
- "Do you remember the days before the big chain stores when there was customer service? I can recall going to G. Fox and being waited on by a sales representative..."
- "Purchased the unit a month ago. Purchased extended warranty. While viewing my favorite program the unit popped loudly. Powered down waited a few minutes. Powered back on larger rainbow lines...."
- "I have been lied to ripped off and threatened by Capital One Auto Finance then my Car got wrecked. This is AFTER I gave them $33,000.00!! I purchased..."
- "I am so glad I read all the information you all gave me on these worthless chips. I was looking to buy one to help increase my gas mileage and..."
- "Ava's flowers is a fraud! I paid $120 for a gourmet basket. I was horrified when my friend sent me a picture of what she received! I was so embarrassed...."
- "dear rexall my cheif complaint is that i have been taking the sleep aide for about 2yrs n up til now the product was helping .but for the last week..."
- "So I've had State Farm for 32 years. My daughter turned 16 about a year ago and we put her on our insurance. Her insurance rate was nearly 5x..."
- " I stopped by the McDonald's located at 3026 N. Hampton Road, I Dallas, TX 75212 to buy something to eat and charge my phone (which was completely dead). Around..."