457 120th Ave NE, Bellevue, WA 98005, USA

The absolute worst service experience visiting the Magnolia Audio/Video section at Best Buy brought to you by Kevin and Dwayne. I was intrigued by one of the rooms they had set up in the back that shows the different lighting settings, with a fireplace and couch.

Really peaceful! I went to close the door to see what the ambiance setting looked like with no light from the door, and the sales manager comes to the door and literally pushes the door open on my hand very aggressively. Than steps right into the room very aggressively and says nothing. I was startled and I laughed with nervousness.

He didn't even bother to explain why he did that. My boyfriend informed me I cannot close the door because of the expensive equipment. Honestly the thought didn't cross my mind. I shrugged it off and moved to the next rooms.

The final room was an office. I walked in and the other salesman comes behind me and says, "You cannot be in here! Don't you see there are no equipment in here. You need to leave." Apparently it was a real office.

I had no idea! Put up a sign. I asked him if they were always this mean to people. He took a big deep breath in and very rudely said, "Leave.

Now." And pointed in the direction of the exit!! Very disrespectful. I asked what the store manager's name was and he refused to tell me. I asked if they worked for Best Buy and he said no they didn't.

He than told me I can walk up to security and take it up with them. I was literally shaking with the treatment and had tears in my eyes when I walked away. That is not how you treat people. One thing can be said in a million ways, and they could have simply educated me on the importance of this equipment and why they were so high alert and uptight with me roaming around.

I would have completely understood. But to give this type of treatment to any customer is simply unacceptable. I wonder if it was because I was wearing sweats, sneakers and a beanie, or if it's because I am a Middle Eastern woman. If I walked in with a low cut top and heels, I may have been approached differently.

What a complete turn off to the Magnolia company and Bellevue Best Buy overall. I was obviously discriminated against and profiled. We had walked through with the intent to purchase new lighting and speakers for a home we are looking to buy in the near future. I am a Finance Manager nearby, and could never imagine speaking to any customer like this.

Relax buddies. Your just selling entertainment systems. It's not rocket science. And if you hate your job and your life so much.

Don't take it out on customers.

Find a job where you are happier and able to give equal treatment to all. Thank you.

Product or Service Mentioned: Best Buy Sales Manager.

Best Buy Pros: Products.

Best Buy Cons: Gender and racial discrimination.

Comments