Worst Customer Service-Best Buy

I had store credit to use and I decided to look online to see what I wanted ahead of time. There were a pair of headphones and a phone case that I found online that said it was available in stores. I went to two different stores and both stores did not have their advertised product. So I went online to purchase on there site, I get to where I have to put my address in and the website goes down. I used the chat option to talk to a customer representative who then referred me via phone to place more order. So now I am sitting here and it has been over an hour and I have not gotten anywhere with my order. This is the worst experience I have ever had. I will use my store credit in store to purchase things I do not even want so I will never have to deal with Best Buy again. This is the most ridiculously frustrating experience I have ever had. I work in customer service, so I usually have patience with these kind of things, but this is just absurd. I will never be shopping here again.

store credit means it has to be used in store.... its the same in any store

@.......

Actually it does not. I used my store credit at a different store and online.

View more comments (1)
Service
Best Buy Deal
Loss

BEWARE! Do not get Best Buy credit!!

I had about 4000 dollars of FRAUD on my account. They concluded their "investigation" and have decided that fraud was not committed. I am now on the hook for all this debt!!! Do not EVER get a Best Buy or any HSBC credit of any kind. That includes CapitalOne. I was just in shock when this happened. I had had a zero balance for years. I would have thought this sort of thing would be illegal, but apparently not. The people in the fraud department will not ever let me talk to anyone who could actually take care of this. Jennifer Shaw

Manager fooled us with gift card!!! | Best Buy review from Denver, Colorado

BESTBUY IS SCAM PLACE AND WE WOULD NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS PLACE AGAIN! BESTBUY PEOPLE ARE TRAINED TO LURE CUSTOMERS AND FOOLED CUSTOMERS WITH THEIR BEST SERVICES TO MAKE THEIR PLACE BECOME MORE ATTRACTIVE TO OTHER CUSTOMERS TO COME IN AND GET FOOLED AGAIN! So this Tuesday, my whole family came out and camped outside of the bestbuy to get the best deal and $600 dollar gift card. We were the first one in line and came into there and asked about how could we get the gift card. The manager told us like we needed at least 5 people and all their requirements. So we followed it but he never once came out and handed us the gift card. We came in and asked a day before Thanksgiving. The manager said he would take care of it and led one of us to get the credit card. However, he said we couldn't use until Black Friday(?) Then, we also asked him to check the card and he refused and said he was positive that there was money in the card(?) At the night the store opened, we got pissed off when we used the card. THe associate told us there was only $10 in the card. So we went and talked to the manager. He tried to make up an excuse that the store was busy and he couldn't check the balance on the card. Also, he remarked that he never told us how much money in there. In the end, we realized that we got fooled by the acting-nice manager. What he tried to do was giving us a $10 gift card and making us think that we got the money so we would stay in the line and make more people come to his store. The manager fooled us and was being all rude after the Thanksgiving! Other problem with Bestbuy was that one of us bought ipod 5th generation and supposed to come with $50 gift card. Once again, the associate didn't scan the gift card at the time we purchased and there was no balance in there. We called and talked to the manager about this issue. He said he couldn't do anything and we needed to stick with it. We can't return or anything! BESTBUY IS SCAM PLACE AND WE WOULD NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS PLACE AGAIN! BESTBUY PEOPLE ARE TRAINED TO LURE CUSTOMERS AND FOOLED CUSTOMERS WITH THEIR BEST SERVICES TO MAKE THEIR PLACE BECOME MORE ATTRACTIVE TO OTHER CUSTOMERS TO COME IN AND GET FOOLED AGAIN!

Best Buy does this with gift cards routinely. The last time I was a Best Buy, not to buy but use their bathroom, l witnessed a woman arguing about a zero balance on a gift card that she had received last Christmas.

She eventually stormed out and swore never to buy from Best Buy. I personally like their bathrooms and only go in Best Buy for that.

Product
Best Buy Gift Card

Best buy

Best buy wouldn't sell me a cd with a parental advisory sticker on it because you have to be 18. I'm only 17, and my birthday is in a few months. Best buy wonders why they are losing money and are on the *** of bankruptcy within the next few years, it's *** like this that causes you to lose sales with minors, I hope you guys go bankrupt, and if you do soon, I won't feel sorry for you at all, good thing I can download this album online, or I could buy it from independent stores too

Buy it online. You will see a disclaimer asking if you are over 18 and all you have to do is answer yes and they will sell you the cd.

Also, a store policy is a store policy, but I believe that some people take the parental advisory sticker way too seriously, gotta thank Tipper Gore for that one

Just get an iTunes card and buy it off the itunes store, not that big of a deal

OP - You are a M0R0N. Your friend might sell smokes to you at the Exxon station, but don't expect others to bend the rules just because you think you are entitled to. GROW UP!

"I'm only 17, and my birthday is in a few months." From the tone of your complaint you seem more like 17 going on 12 or 13.

worthless c

good for them they avoided a law suit for selling to a minor wait a few days grow up a little and go get ur cd guarantee ur world wont end by then

the problem with bestbuy is *** customers like you.

#502080

you know.. the first part of your username fits you nicely because you are insane.

sorry little kid, any retail store has to make sure you're 18 for that type of CD. or at least 17 for a rated M video game.

it's the law, not the choice of retail stores. it sounds like you're too immature to listen to explicit music anyway.

#501940

tsk tsk.

Good for Best Buy!

"Best buy wouldn't sell me a cd with a parental advisory sticker on it because you have to be 18. I'm only 17," So let me get this right you're 17 and you need to be 18 to buy it?

So is this Best Buys problem or yours? YOUR PROBLEM DUDE.

View more comments (9)
Review

Best Buy's customer service stinks.

I tried for nearly an hour to talk to someone about my Kaspersky Protection Plan threatening to expire. Which is utter nonsense in the first place: 1. It's already paid for and 2. My credit card is not about to expire as they claim it is. I tried calling 1-888-BESTBUY. Their phone service seems to be designed for maximum customer aggravation. I was transferred several times, forced to either listen to loud, obnoxious music or dead silence after being told my wait would be more than twenty minutes. Calling the store I purchased it from was the same: more phone transfers which ended up back to the 1-888 number. I still haven't gotten any help.
Patrick

well when you have immature *** like you that hold up the phone lines.. well the get held up.

it's time for a lesson though. you see, certain companies send their products out to stores in order to be sold. examples, HP, Sony, Toshiba, Apple, Acer, Asus, Samsung, GE, LG, Microsoft, Nintendo, etc. when a store like Best Buy, Staples, Walmart, Target, etc.

sells those products, THEY DIDN'T CREATE THE PRODUCT! unless of course, it's their own brand. they don't put names like HP and Sony on the package to make it look pretty. so my advice?

call up Kaspersky and ask them why their product isn't working for you. chances are, you got a virus and think that buying the anti-virus afterwards will help or you just simply don't know how to set it up.

Product
Best Buy Credit Card

Worst Custer Service in my life! | Best Buy review from Denver, Colorado

Service Order Number 00211-970606828. Jack B. was my representative at store #211. I purchased a tech support package and a data backup to repair my computer. Jack assured me that the computer could be repaired and data retrieved. The computer was not repaired and I did not receive data backup. I was told everything was non-refundable. All three geek squad representatives were arrogant and disrespectful. I have been a loyal customer of Best Buy for 5 years. I will NEVER purchase anything here ever again and I will utilize my SEO expertise to make sure the general public becomes aware of my experience.

custer service..?

@Patrick

Do you now feel better having criticized the author for spelling mistakes? Do you feel like a big man now?

Grow up!

To the author: This kind of story is not new. Find a small local shop to help you. The big chains could care less about you. A small local shop won't survive long providing bad service.

Find a small store that has been around for a while. They will treat you a lot better and will likely try hard to win your repeat business.

View more comments (1)

Will not honor warranty | Best Buy review from Denver, Colorado

My warranty on a Samsung front load washer is up in 10 days and they will not honor the warranty. I have spent thousands of dollars but they are willing to blow off a customer over $100 dollars. Poor Customer service. They will not provide their corporate office number.Their customer customer told me to go else where and they don't need my business. I will tell everyone how bad they are. If you do use them get everything in writing so they are bound by their work. Samsung said it is up to Best Buy to tell them when the warranty is over. The machine was last year model so they said the one year warranty started when Best Buy put it on their floor. Does not make sense.

Hey Howierd, you may or may not be right but its OK to call that guy a ***. :grin

Hey I Hate *** Customers- I figured it out your Steelers team lost to

Denver and Tim T. The only way you know how people treat others is the way you act. Are you sure the isn't Obama, he is just like you.

Patrick

yet again, there's Howierd being weird again. and if he worked for Maytag then he must have been an *** to customers and now he's an *** to store employees.

Actually it was a store manager that told me that if I said Samsung I misspoke. In fairness to her they were closing her store and she seemed upset.

So it is over, I spoke to someone from Best Buy and I went away a happy customer. I was never asking for anything more than was due. On top of that I worked for Maytag and I understand warrantys. Best Buys ERC

Dept.

Took care of everything and I will go back to Best Buy. If you have a serious problem then ask for the ERC Dept. But please don't abuse this group. If you are going to complain and if the company fixes the problem then you need to tell the good side.

Thanks again Best Buy!! :)

The MFG warranty covers MFG defects and lasts 1 year for most products. It starts the date of purchase!

I promise, I send products off all the time under MFG. I Know! If you bought black tie protection then it starts the day you bought it as well and ends in 1,2,3,or 4 years. Samsung is full of it to say it starts when it is out on the floor and I happen to know they sale a great computer due to the fact its one of the very few that I have to repair so I doubt they were incompetent enough to tell you incorrect information about their warranty.

GeekSquad will send your item off but it is technically the MFG job, we just offer to and the MFG covers the cost. So we are being nice!

Samsung honored the warranty because best buy damaged the machine and told Samsun that the customer damaged it. So if you idiots don't know the Truth just shut the h**l up expcilly you " I Hate *** Customers" all you seem to do it critique people that you know nothing about.

I would call you a *** but it makes me look like you.

Get a life. By the way Best Buy just closed that store.

Patrick

how weird is howierd? he doesn't even know what's he talking about now. he has to go take his meds so for the time being, don't bother reading what he says.

Patrick

As it turned out best buy did not tell the truth toSamung which

Is what caused the problem. After Sasung did research they decieded

That I was right. It was just annaoced that they were going to close this best buy. If yogive customer service people will buy from you . Poor management .

And for all of you that didn't know the whole stpy go to h-----

you all know the answers when you don't know the truth. Best buy will tell you anything to make a sell, good luck

Patrick

Samsung doesn't have any proof about when the product wasn't opened. but anyway, it's kind of your fault.

with how much money you save on a floor model, sometimes an extended warranty is worth it. you're just probably one of those *** that says no right away instead of listening to the details because you think everything is a scam until you realize you might have needed it.

Appliance warranties start from the date they are sold.Think about it, how can Samsung say the warranty starts when Best Buy put the item out for display? How do they know the item wasn't in the BB warehouse? Answer, they don't know.

I don't understand how you're still confused, even Samsung told you that you should have bought the extended warranty.

Howierd

Samsung says Best Buy was not honest because once the washer is displayed for sale on their floor that is when the warranty starts and since that was the only one the had the warranty had started three weeks earlier.

Best Buy never told me that only that I had a full warranty. So Samsung says it is Best Buys fault and all they say is I should have bought the extended warranty. So I am caught between Best Buy and Samsung.

Patrick

chances are, it was a limited warranty through Samsung. the original poster is either just too dumb to understand what that means and/or they think Samsung is owned by Best Buy and washers are made at Best Buy.

Alan C

Best Buy doesn't service appliances. Their "warranty" is irrelevant here.

Call the mfr or go to the mfr website to get authorized service. Same as it ever was.

unless you paid extra for the warranty through bestbuy, they do not have any responsibility to service your washer. They did not having anything to do with manufacturing it.

manufacturer warranties start at date of purchase, which you can use your receipt as proof of warranty.

View more comments (15)
Loss

Best Buy has the worse customer service.

I ordered a movie online that I had been having a hard time finding in stores. The website said they could get it. 1 month later still waiting for my movie I looked at the order status to see that Best Buy had cancelled my order on this item. I then called Best Buy customer service and the girl I spoke with put me on hold for over 30 minutes. I called back and waited another 5 minutes to talk to someone only to be told that there was nothing they could do, I would have to wait for my gift card to be resent to me (bacause I threw it out after I used it up to make this order), then start all over to reorder this item online. I will never, never, never, buy anything at Best Buy again! I am cancelling my credit card at this store immediately.

I understand what you are saying. I'm currently in a similar situation.

Ordered online on 11/29 a Canon camera body to be shipped to my son in CA. Shipping date was 12/16, then got another email following week saying new shipping date 12/22. Then final email saying camera is now on backorder and no longer available order was canceled. Good grief...

only thing my son was getting for Christmas. In November my local Best Buy had the camera in stock. If I only knew. Called customer service and now waiting for another call in 48 to 72 hrs.

We'll see what can be salvaged.

Not sure what to do at this point. My son is going to be really disappointed this Christmas.

Loss

Refused to exchange product damaged before use | Best Buy review from Denver, Colorado

My husband and I purchased thousands of $$$ in entertainment components at Best Buy. Waited for our entertainment center to be finished before using. Could not even hook up till entertainment center was completed. 3d glasses damaged...no exchange. LCD/LED line through picture appeared at day 40 after purchase...repaired by Geek Squad rather than exchanged. When asked if they'd rather not have our business, manager said he didn't care one way or the other. For the sake of a $15 pair of glasses they prefer to lose business. WOW! I say we help them out of business.

I purchased a panasonic 37inch TV from local best buy store. I wanted that particular model because it was only 35 inch wide, which fits right in the cabinet I have.

I paid $529 for it. when I went home i found out they gave me the wrong TV, LG 36inch wide, which will not fit. I took it back right away. I found out that the panasonic i originally selected is out of stock.

Salesman said he found a replacement which is samsung and checked dimension on the internet and it should fit. They just did not have one on display for me to measure because it is a new arrival. I took his word, paid $43 more for the samsung, went home and found out that TV dimension were still larger than I required. I put the TV back in the box and wend back to best buy but they will not return it because they found a crack on the screen.

Now honestly I did not do anything to crack that TV, did not plug it in, nor did it fit the width of the cabinet. I couldn't tell nor best buy can prove whether I cracked it or it might have been cracked when I got it. They refused to make any compromise or accept responsibility for their salesman mistake in the first place.

I ended up leaving the TV at the store because it will work at all and left with a loss of $680. It will take me a while to pay it off and the disappointment will stay with me forever.

COLDDDD BLOOODED :eek

Oh and by the way....EVERYONE SPENDS THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS AT BEST BUY. Don't act like your the only one, freak.

Glasses were "broken" when you took them out of the box. Right

I agree with Simon. It's people like you who think everything is owed to them.

They fixed your TV, what is the problem? If your fuel pump goes out on your car 40 days after purchase, they're going to fix it, not give you a brand new car.

If $15 shouldn't be a big deal to Best Buy, it shouldn't be a big deal to you.

View more comments (4)

Buyer Beware | Best Buy review from Denver, Colorado

Went and bought a new 60" flat screen from Best Buy. They didnt have it stock and said for $99.00 they would deliver the new and and take the 57" old one and set new one up. New one arrives and they set it up. Then they look at old TV and say the old tv is too big for the van they have. One tech looks at his watch and says "Oh, it is after 2, good luck getting someone here today". I tell him "no, I paid for you too take this." Well, push comes to shove, they left and I called the store. I went through 4 people before demanding to speak to a manager who said he would get back mto me before he left at 8. Now mind you, I had to take half a day off and then this manager says he is not sure when they can get someone to pick it up, it may be a few weeks. By then I was hot and told them to come and get the new tv and that I was returning my purchase. After he sputtered a few words, they decided to refund the delivery fee. I will never buy a big item from them. NEVER! Product...4 stars Customer service..minus 4 stars