State: Colorado City: Denver Product: Best Buy Sales Representative Clear all filters (1 of 28 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:

Best Buy in Denver, Colorado - I am a fool

I have purchased cell phones, desk tops, lap tops, printers, scanners, service plans etc. from Best Buy and each and every time their sales reps and customer service has been dismal. After being transferred twice during a telephone conversation today with Geek Squad and being placed on-hold for over 45 minutes because the "Geeks" knew less about the programs and products that they sell and service than I do...it finally hit me, I am a fool. I have lost thousands of dollars over the years, I've learned my expensive lesson, I will never purchase another product or service plan from Best Buy again.

Best Buy has the absolute worst customer service I have ever dealt with!! I bought a $600 Evo cell phone there a year ago and (STUPIDLY) agreed to their Geek Squad Black Tie Protection for $10/month, being promised that absolutely any problem you have - even if its your own fault, as long as you can bring us the phone (i.e.

not lost or stolen), we will immediately replace it. I brought it in because the phone kept randomly shutting down and repowering for no reason when the battery was fully charged. They told me if I wanted it immediately replaced (which I have been paying for this service for over a year) that all they have available is a downgrade to the Evo Shift. No, I dont want that.

Well, then it has to be "repaired." They sent my phone out for repair for 2-5 WEEKS and as part of the $10/month that is also supposed to include a loaner phone. What they don't tell you is that the loaner phone is a 1995 flip phone! So you're supposed to give up a $600 cell phone for a month (and still pay your cell carrier the full data charge etc.) and get this when it was originally sold to me to be an IMMEDIATE REPLACEMENT? Not only did it take almost 2 hours of paperwork dropping the phone off and 2 hours picking it up when it had been "repaired," but my phone wasn't even fixed!!!

The same problem was still happening. I asked to speak with a store manager and all he offered to do was exactly what had originally been offered - exchange for a downgraded phone or send it in for repair for 2-5 weeks and hope they get it right this time! He said it would take FOUR QUALIFYING REPAIRS (FOUR times sending your phone in for 2-5 weeks per time with each time the phone being sent back to you, the issue not resolved before you would actually get a new phone). Do you believe this *** So, obviously, I was not satisfied with those results and continue to tell him how upset I am of this service and in the middle of speaking to me (this is a manager) he says, "Ok, this is enough at the store.

If you want to talk any further, you'll have to call our 1-800 number," and shoo'd me out of the store. Absolutely appalling. I hope he gets fired because that is the absolute worst customer service.

Also, I told the store manager (above him) about this and all she did was say sorry, but there was nothing she could do. Please don't buy anything at overpriced Best Buy and DEFINITELY do not buy their service contracts!!

Did you know best buy paid out like $45,000,000 plus to fulfill service plans last year

latoyaj

You're not a fool...you just got suckered in like the rest of us. But what's good is that you're letting the world know now.

Do what you can let EVERYONE KNOW. Best Buy continuously gets away with this stuff and even worse, people complain but continue to give them your money.

I say it's time for a mass boycott of these idiots... :(

John N

took you some time, but it's never too late to learn. Best Buy is not the same good store it started out to be.

Best to buy electronics and computers online or at a local computer store that gives good service. you may pay a bit more, but tis always better that way.

View more comments (3)