Black Friday 2009 | Best Buy in Denver, Colorado

RE: Black Friday at your I-70 And Tower Rd CO (Store 1134) 3511 N Salida CT Aurora, CO 80011 I just wanted to notify anyone in upper management in regards to how the Black Friday event was held at your Aurora, Colorado location. After bearing below freezing temperatures for 8 hours, with no Best Buy staff coming out to greet their consumers, we finally got word at about 330am that Best Buy staff would be coming out to handout tickets. My fiancé and I already knew wjat we were there for: $179 netbook (Compaq, which was in the ad OR HP, which was on TV). After passing up desktop pc and home theater tickets, staff member announced, "$179 netbook" we happily obliged and each received a ticket. We waited another hour and a half in the blistering cold for the 5 am opening. Upon entering the store, we were told that there is a claim ticket line. After waiting another hour in the claim ticket line, it was to our dissappointment that we were not able to do any further shopping. Furthermore, the cashier informed us that the tickets we had were for the $229 Compaq laptops. I brought this matter to the store manager in charge at that time (I think his name is Eric), and he offered no apology and did not care about the inconvenience this has caused us. We left empty handed and dissappointed. This was a very poor display of customer service and jeopardizes my loyalty as a consumer. I was not offered any other options but to come back at 9am with no regards to our 8 hour wait in the cold.
Everett

I apologize for our crew not being friendly, could have been the stress of the day, sorry again. Did it not say on the ticket which computer it was for????

I find that strange. On the side, may I say, I think I know the netbook you were looking at and frankly...it's slow and has had some issues. Perhaps it was meant to be in order to save you the headache of getting a bad apple?

I know it's not much consolation but I like to think we try very hard and make every effort. I'm sorry that a few employees give the rest a bad name.

Review