Best Buy - Cockroaches in dishwasher
I purchased a Samsung dishwasher in Dec 2012 from a Best Buy store in Douglasville GA.It was on a clearance sale and was $499.
I waited a few days and then picked it up from the store (it had to come from the wharehouse). I installed the dishwasher and it worked fine. About two or three months later we started noticing cockroaches around the kitchen. We have lived in this house for 15 years and never saw a cockroach before.
Most of the bugs were around the dishwasher and inside when we would open the door. I pulled the dishwasher out, and when I lifted up the insulation on top I saw a bunch of roaches. I then took the front panel off of the door and found a bunch of roaches, along with dead carcasses and droppings. I called Best Buy and they told me that I should contact Samsung.
I called Samsung and they told me that the bugs probably came from Best Buys wharehouse and I should talk to them. I went back and forth about 4 times to each company with nobody wanting to help me. I finally decided to try and take care of it myself. I sprayed, powdered, and bombed the best I could without taking the dishwasher completely apart.
Over the next year the bug problem improved, we were only seeing a few small roaches every couple of days. In late April 2014, the dishwasher would not start up. I checked the power to the dishwasher and it was good. I pulled the door off the front and was confronted with a complete infestation.
The control panel was almost black with roach droppings and was probably shorted out. I called Best Buy and was told that since I didn't have a record of ever having contacted them, they couldn't help me.
A month of time on the phone, talking to about 10 different people, has not helped me do something about a $500 dishwasher that is infested with cockroaches.In the last 5 years, I have spent about $3000 at Best Buy, and they don't care about me.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Lg Washer
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a defective element TV from target on black Friday, tried to have target exchange it but they were out of stock so i attempted to call element electronics..."
- "We have the expensive GE front load clothes washer WCVH6260 series purchased in November of 2006. It has been annoying from a very young age, smelling like mold and..."
- "I sent 4 emails to best buy...After a pick up in Orlando store, i realized that i had a problem. I bought 4 items, as Order number: BBY01-59399701162 ......"
- "Wet Seal was had a sale thus weekend... $50 off all orders over $50 and %60 off clearance items. This was a computer glitch that took them 2 days to..."
- "Your company set someone out to cut brush under the powrlines on my property and they cut down my garden my hard work my food called all day no response..."
- "Genie zip bra, had to order three times. large, extra large ,2X, just to remind you I only wear a 36 B, 2x still didn't fit zipper separate they..."
- "PHILIP MENICI CRIMINAL ENTERPRISE BEWARE DIGREGORIO & MENICI is business registered with the Office of the City Clerk of Boston. The file number is 14001751. The address is 152 Salem Street..."
- "SW128 Uneven Women’s Batwing Sleeve Destroyed Ripped Slouchy Sweater Pullover Hollow Out Loose Fit Jumper Tops Knitwear Smock SIZE INFORMATION: (Flat-measuring) Bust- 125cm; Shoulder(Dropped)- 64cm; Sleeve- 35cm; Shoulder to hem length(Front/Back)- 52cm/64cm (1inch=2.54cm,1-3cm..."
- "I have took brand new merchandise to cash america in oak park and they ask for ID. they have a fake website they use to compare prices and the prices are always..."