Best Buy - Cockroaches in dishwasher
I purchased a Samsung dishwasher in Dec 2012 from a Best Buy store in Douglasville GA.It was on a clearance sale and was $499.
I waited a few days and then picked it up from the store (it had to come from the wharehouse). I installed the dishwasher and it worked fine. About two or three months later we started noticing cockroaches around the kitchen. We have lived in this house for 15 years and never saw a cockroach before.
Most of the bugs were around the dishwasher and inside when we would open the door. I pulled the dishwasher out, and when I lifted up the insulation on top I saw a bunch of roaches. I then took the front panel off of the door and found a bunch of roaches, along with dead carcasses and droppings. I called Best Buy and they told me that I should contact Samsung.
I called Samsung and they told me that the bugs probably came from Best Buys wharehouse and I should talk to them. I went back and forth about 4 times to each company with nobody wanting to help me. I finally decided to try and take care of it myself. I sprayed, powdered, and bombed the best I could without taking the dishwasher completely apart.
Over the next year the bug problem improved, we were only seeing a few small roaches every couple of days. In late April 2014, the dishwasher would not start up. I checked the power to the dishwasher and it was good. I pulled the door off the front and was confronted with a complete infestation.
The control panel was almost black with roach droppings and was probably shorted out. I called Best Buy and was told that since I didn't have a record of ever having contacted them, they couldn't help me.
A month of time on the phone, talking to about 10 different people, has not helped me do something about a $500 dishwasher that is infested with cockroaches.In the last 5 years, I have spent about $3000 at Best Buy, and they don't care about me.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Lg Washer
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I bought a Lenovo Edge for mother's day which was yesterday. Today Monday, I came home to a complaint about the screen being damaged. I did not feel too worried..."
- "All website, email, and Appliance Deliver Terms and Conditions data clearly states delivery and haul away of old appliance are included in the delivery package. False. I ordered a dishwasher,..."
- "Do you remember the days before the big chain stores when there was customer service? I can recall going to G. Fox and being waited on by a sales representative..."
- "Around 9 AM, on the morning of 5/19/16, a Dart truck (trailer #35001) turned in to my small neighborhood in Lithia Springs, on Miller Street (NOT built for trucks!) off..."
- "Paid for my meal which came out to being $19.06 in total. The pizza never arrived. Called them there was a mix up on my behalf. Then I just cancelled..."
- "Wet Seal was had a sale thus weekend... $50 off all orders over $50 and %60 off clearance items. This was a computer glitch that took them 2 days to..."
- "I was expecting an overnight envelope but it was delayed for a week. Followed up with email and calls but was told due to Thanksgiving, volume is high and just..."
- "120$ Wasted on a dress that looks nothing like site dress very poorly imitated. If we had more money and time they wouldn't be worn. I will never order from..."
- "After 8 hours of trying to set up a new service for internet, I was told that Telus doesn't provide service in that area even though I had taken a..."