Best Buy - Cockroaches in dishwasher
I purchased a Samsung dishwasher in Dec 2012 from a Best Buy store in Douglasville GA.It was on a clearance sale and was $499.
I waited a few days and then picked it up from the store (it had to come from the wharehouse). I installed the dishwasher and it worked fine. About two or three months later we started noticing cockroaches around the kitchen. We have lived in this house for 15 years and never saw a cockroach before.
Most of the bugs were around the dishwasher and inside when we would open the door. I pulled the dishwasher out, and when I lifted up the insulation on top I saw a bunch of roaches. I then took the front panel off of the door and found a bunch of roaches, along with dead carcasses and droppings. I called Best Buy and they told me that I should contact Samsung.
I called Samsung and they told me that the bugs probably came from Best Buys wharehouse and I should talk to them. I went back and forth about 4 times to each company with nobody wanting to help me. I finally decided to try and take care of it myself. I sprayed, powdered, and bombed the best I could without taking the dishwasher completely apart.
Over the next year the bug problem improved, we were only seeing a few small roaches every couple of days. In late April 2014, the dishwasher would not start up. I checked the power to the dishwasher and it was good. I pulled the door off the front and was confronted with a complete infestation.
The control panel was almost black with roach droppings and was probably shorted out. I called Best Buy and was told that since I didn't have a record of ever having contacted them, they couldn't help me.
A month of time on the phone, talking to about 10 different people, has not helped me do something about a $500 dishwasher that is infested with cockroaches.In the last 5 years, I have spent about $3000 at Best Buy, and they don't care about me.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Lg Washer
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I went into Best Buy today and took in my Mini to be bought back for in store credit towards an Retina MacBook Pro. It was in BEAUTIFUL condition. Yesterday..."
- "I'm very concerned about the way this employee was driving the Geek Squad vehicle today between 4:00pm and 4:15pm. The driver came off the US 26 Sunset Highway speeding into..."
- "Good Morning Sir ,Greetings Of The Day!! I bought a laptop Dell XPS 12 on 07/01/2013 for 1077.49 USD from Best Buy (MayField Heights,OH-44124.I had made payment through my Prepaid Forex..."
- "Dear Lynn, RE: VIP CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT Thank you so much for your reply.Infact, before your reply, I'll must say I've already anticipated & expected that i'm will not be..."
- "We rented from Avis-Budget in Israel and had the worst experience of our lives. The car was delivered to us in a dark garage. When I arrived to pick up..."
- "the watch has a bad movement and send it back for repair, called several times to know about the status of the watch, every time I was told a different..."
- "Paid for my meal which came out to being $19.06 in total. The pizza never arrived. Called them there was a mix up on my behalf. Then I just cancelled..."
- "This Property needs a lot of Work, it is falling apart and Renterswarehouse only wants to cover up the problems and brush them under the rug...."
- "Wet Seal was had a sale thus weekend... $50 off all orders over $50 and %60 off clearance items. This was a computer glitch that took them 2 days to..."