Verified Reviewer

Please pass this along to the appropriate customer service person.

I was just on a call with one of your customer service reps when, after waiting close to a half hour, spoke briefly to an customer service rep, then put on hold for 10 minutes, and then disconnected. I had called that rep, because yesterday I was at Geek Squad in Asheville NC and they were unable to resolve my computer issue.

I had gone to the Asheville NC Best Buy Geek Squad in person, because I could not schedule an on line appointment, because the appointment screen would go blank after I submitted my scheduled appointment time.

I did this twice: email, phone number (Im a geek squad member), appointment time, HIT SUBMIT and then a blank screen. Twice).

So I went down in person, and was told they cannot help me without making an appointment. So I said I tried twice and it wasnt working, and one of the agents agreed that the system isnt working well (this from the computer experts). I suggested that I might have called direct to make that appointment, and was told I cannot do that, and must do it either on line or in person.

So I made the appointment for next week in person, and the agent could not print out the appointment info, since they couldnt link the printer to the appointment calendar, and the agent wound up writing it out on a piece of paper. (The computer experts at Geek Squad couldnt connect to their in-store printer)

Then, since there were no customers waiting, I asked a few questions related to my desktop computer issues. My main thing was I wanted to add a graphics card that was suitable to run 2 monitors. I currently have a single monitor graphics card.

Well, I was told that Id have to buy that myself and bring it in for them to install, since Best Buy no longer carries those things (something about Bit Coin Miners). I said OK, but I have no idea what to get, since Im not a tech guy and THIS IS THE REASON Im going to Geek Squad in the first place. Well, they couldnt offer any recommendations, and only suggested I look online for an older card to go with my 15yo Gateway.

Im not usually one to flame anyone, but this is RIDCULOUS. Do you call this customer service?

These are computer experts? I wound up going on line just a moment ago and (I think) I figured out which Graphics Card to buy. But Im not sure because Im not a tech guy.

Ive been a Geek Squad member for about 10 years already (in another state before NC), and Im REALLY disappointed with my experience here.

Really, it was just about useless. You can do SO much better.

Bryan Hunt

Bryan_hun@***.com

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments