I am truly upset with their commercials. Why are they picking on Santa??? WTF.. I will no longer continue to shop at Best Buy! I was so upset that I returned some of the items that I had bought from their store. They are JERKS and they are promoting Bullying!!! Not...

LMFAO! really you really put this *** on here.

SMFH... Idiots these days are you gonna have a heart attack if they go against the Easter bunny too?

View more comments
Best Buy Manager

Best Buy is screwing me

I purchased a 3GS 32gig in white 2 years ago from BB. I pay 15$ a month for the black tie protection plan. I took it in for service and got back a 16gig Iphone4? I leave the 16gig with them and now they tell me they cant change the "sku back to a 32 gig"??? Its been in "escalation" for 10 days and no one will help. I called consumer relations and THEY wont call me back. I am fed up, have no phone, no numbers, and they wont act. Can anyone help me? What can I do about this?

Yes their PSP's are useless and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone that wants protection for their product(s). Their PSP's are like having no protection at all.

Best Buy's PSP's are all worthless. The stories are endless of people getting hosed by them.

I would file a claim in small claims court (costs about $50) and within a week someone will call you and offer you a brand new 32gb + your filing fee.

Loss

Problem with best buy store

is best buy filing for bankruptcy??, does anybody know?, I had a problem with best buy, i decided to return a television which I had bought, they couldnt return my money because they said it was over 500 dollars so they said they were going to send me a check, its been almost 2 weeks already and i still havent received my check, last time I called they said that the check was sent back to corporate office because the mailman couldnt find the address, thats *** ive been living here for over 10 years, what I think is going on is that the check was not sent out in the first place, they probably dont have any money right now and they are waiting for some to come in and pay me back my money, ive had problems with their electronics back in the past too, I think they are putting used items back in the box like if they were NEW, this is the last time i ever shop for something over 500 dollars in best buy, they have a problem with refunding your money

It's always been a best buy practice that if you pay with cash over $500 and then make a return, it will be a mailed check. It's nothing new or recent and it's not just to cheat you out of money.

I recommend not paying in cash next time if you want the procress to go quicker.

Also, Best Buy doesn't rebox things up and sells them as "new". They don't have the supplies for said execution.

Just because $500 is a lot to you, doesn't mean Best Buy is hurting for money.

bb is having some cash flow issues. but just like what happened to circuit city the general public put them out of business wanting to return damaged and defective products for a lifetime.

612-291-1000 Corporate office - call monday morning and get your check issued.

View more comments (3)
Loss

Best Buy sells used washing machine to senior citizen

My mother, who is 70 years old, went to Best Buy in Riverside California on Tyler street to purchase a washing machine that was on sale for 249.99. The washing machine was a floor model and the sales girl dd not explain to my senior mother what a floor model was. Since they wanted to charge $69.99 for delivery, we told them we would pick it up ourselves. My mother had to hire someone to pick up the washing machine, which was cheaper than what BESY BUY was going to charge her. My mother used the washing machine that same evening and it was not working properly; The water in the tub was only filling up half way and the spin cycle did not spin the water out of the clothes. My mom called and complained about it not working and she was told that she was not allowed to exchange it for the same model same price because the sale ended the day prior, but they would sell her a different washing machine that was about $100.00 more. I thought something was just not right so I drove to BEST BUY myself and asked why they would not exchange the washing machine for another one just like it. Come to find out, the washing machine was actually a used washing machine, HMMM,, ya think that maybe the sales girl should explain to a senior citizen that is 70 years old that the floor model was actually used and not new? The salesman I spoke with, NATHAN, told me that the washing machine had been sold brand new and the first owners had brought it back the same day because it wasn't working properly, therefore since it was a floor model/open box washing machine, they were not allowed to exchange it. So I guess that means they just put it back on the floor waiting for someone else to purchase it without repairing it. The sales girl who sold the washing machine to my mom was actually a very friendly girl however she left out the main point, "THE WASHER WAS USED NOT NEW". I think they should have made good on the wahing machine and just exchanged it and they also should have told her from the beginning it was a used washing machine. I have purchased thousands of dollars worth of electronixs as well as CD's etc from BEST BUY, however I will never shop there again,

geddojngfelfje :eek :eek :upset :upset :sigh :sigh :( :( :upset :upset :zzz :zzz :cry :cry :? :? :) :) :grin :grin

It was probably sold so cheap because it was sold as an open box item. It can't be exchanged because they don't have another open box washer. It's really that simple.

View more comments (2)

Stuck us with a lemon | Best Buy review from Los Angeles, California

On 11/17/08 we purchased an HP laptop computer along with a 2 year warranty. on 11/01/09 we took it in because it would not boot up. After more than a month we got it back only to learn it was still not fixed. The computer was sent back in for a "re-do". The motherboard, cpu fan, cpu and tc had been replaced. Mind you when the unit went in for service it still had the original stickers on it and was in excellent condition. When we got it back the second time the stickers were gone and it had a really bad scratch on it. I requested they replace the computer but was told they could not unless it had been sent in more than 4 times. We requested it be sent back and fixed. It was now January 2010. In November 2010 our warranty expired. Now it is July 2011 and again we are unable to boot up the computer. Bestbuy informed us the warranty has expired they can send it in but we will have to pay for the repairs. So we now have a laptop less than 3 years old that is a piece of ***! We basically told them it should have been replaced a long time ago and we would not pay to have it fixed. Told Bestbuy we would no longer be shopping in their store. They really could care less.

You need to remember 3 years is like 60 for a laptop. It's probably time to buy a new one anyway.

A 2 year warranty is for 2 years. After the 2 years, it is your responsibility.

Yea, I had the same problem a while back. I bought a laptop that kept over heating, and took it back over and over again because I had the warranty. They said the same thing about needing over 4 repairs. Its quite funny because their repair services mean sending it back to the manufacturer and getting refurbished parts.

After bringing it to best buy for the fifth repair, best buy said that the manufacturer wouldn't replace it and I would need to buy a new laptop.

Don't blame Best Buy for a bad laptop, but blame them for bad service. I will never buy another Toshiba, but I found ASUS quite awesome at performance and no break downs.

:zzz Anti Simon

Would not exchange our fridge | Best Buy review from Los Angeles, California

We picked up our appliance and opened it at home to find dents and tried to return it and was accused of physically damaging the fridge. An entire entourage of employees came outside to tell me they couldn't take my fridge for an exchange 2 hours after we picked it up. People, please open your items at the store, in case it is damaged they can see you didn't cause it. Im stuck with a fridge that has dents and scratches and it hasn't even been 30 days. Never buy from Best Buy ever again. Worst service.

I would have left it at the store and called my bank to do a chargeback.

Review

Consumer deciving at Best Buy!

My son, a college student, saw a TV commercial about getting a free XBox when purchase a Windows 7 laptop for $699.00 or more. We decided to go to Best Buy in Yorba Linda, Ca and after spending 45 minutes with a specialist, we picked a $729 Sony laptop and he handed us the free XBox.  The cashier couldn't package both in to subtract the XBox price in the total and called the floor manager " Lucy" who wasted another 20 minutes  trying to process this transaction. Finally, she said that the Sony laptop we picked is not part of this promotion and we are only limited to HP & Acers brands. She said that the "specialist" should have known better and there is nothing she can do to change that. I found the Sunday evening manager to be clueless, arrogant, poss no problem-solving or customer service skills. She carries no business card and refused to give out her last name. She said we can call 800 best buy to complain if this is going to make us happy and walked off!!

She doesn't have to give anyone her last name. Its a personal safety issue. U could be pyschotic and find out her personal information on the internet

Why would you need her last name?

Best Buy Cashier

Best Buy Mobile Lied about coverage

When shopping for phones I was comparing pricing and insurance plans between Best Buy and Verizon. I specifically asked BB if the phone were to be lost or stolen, would it be covered on their plan. "Yes, that is why our plan is so great" So again, I asked what is the deductible for replacement if lost? "No deductible either, you are 100% covered and it will be replaced" WRONG!!!! After paying for this plan for months I find out it doesn't even cover the one thing I was most concerned with. Best Buy Corporate told me to take it up with the store's general manager, who never seems to be on duty. They did let me speak to the Cell Phone dept. manager who just told me I was not told that because 'he knows that salesperson personally and he would never say that'. Great, now I am the liar. No attempt whatsoever to make good...didn't happen, I heard wrong. I can afford to replace the phone but I cannot stand being lied to. Never again will I do business with BB....after spending thousands each year there.

insurance plans for cell phones the best bet and this is true is to go through like sprint or Verizon.. their plans will cover if lost or takin from you..

Keep track of your phone or leave it in the care of a trustworthy adult. Problem solved.

You probably "lost" the phone on purpose so you can get a new phone.

Seems kind of funny you were so worried about the insurance covering that. Nice try.

@Simon

You're an ***.

The only thing that EVER covers a lost item is INSURANCE. Warranty or "plans" ever do.

And Best Buy/Radio shack/ or your good ole mall kiosk will tell you whatever you want to hear to make a sale. You have to go to AT&T, verizon, Sprint or T-Mobile for good service.

View more comments (3)
Best Buy Replacement

Best Buy does not communicate with Shipping

I ordered a Whirlpool, 36" range hood. Best Buy advertised online that they had this product. They did not. They had to special order it. After they took all my info, including my credit card, they informed me. Two weeks later I was given a date of arrival by J.V. Hunt, their shippers. However, Best Buy had no record or confirmation of this delivery and told me it was still on back order. I cancelled the order which took two hours on the telephone as they insisted they could not cancel a special order. One hour after cancellation their shipper called me to say the hood would be delivered the next day. However, since I had cancelled the order now they could not deliver and asked me to reconsider and call Best Buy. I did so and was told I could not change my cancellation and would have to wait and start all over again. Best Buy and their delivery people do not communicate with each other or with the customer. Many apologies and another wasted day on the phone with Best Buy. Because I had ordered via the phone aka the internet I could not go into the store either. Best Buy is insane.

I feel this way as well. I went online to order a very expensive tv.

I chose the option on the order form of picking up the tv in the closest store because the website and order form said it was available for pick up at that store. They processed my order,took the money from my credit card, then the next day when I went to get it they said they couldn't give it to me because someone at their store failed to "pick" the inventory and therefore the order would have to be cancelled. if the store did not have that item in their inventory my order should never have gone so far as for them to take my money hostage. They have my money and I do not have a television.

I sat on the phone with customer service for an hour + with the end result being them cancelling the order and not getting the sale. I suggested many things they could have done to give me -the customer- satisfaction but they refused and kept telling me they wanted to cancel the order!? I don't see how they can take my money from my credit card in a less than a second but can't put it back that quickly so that I could have gotten a tv that day. They do not care about their now ex-customers and they certainly are not interested in making a sale.

They definitely will never have my business ever again because they are completely unethical in their business practices. They should have owned up to their mistakes - which were numerous - and gotten that tv to me in any way they could have.

I know many other stores that would have taken that path. But not Best Buy.

Review
#220641 Review #220641 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Best Buy defrauds, lies, cheats.

High end Nikon Camera purchased in late August for Xmas gift with understanding it was returnable after Xmas. Call to returns confirmed return policy for Xmas gift. Retuned camera end of December 27, (unopened with receipt). Return denied. Return manager Jessica tore box label when opening it and pointed to tear saying it had previously been opened. I pointed out returns person Brandon who by phone confirmed return would be okay. Manager walked over and whispered to him. He then came up and denied the agreement. Cost $500. Letter with return receipt and restricted delivery sent to BestBuy CEO Bradbury Anderson has been unanswered. It behooves persons tempted to patronized BestBuy for convenience or price to think again. Customer service, integrity and good will are lacking at Best Buy.

Oh My GOd you bought a camera in August and expected it to be returned inDecember. You must be very important are you the pope or the president.

I sat in line behind some one like you about a week ago. Just accept the fact you are outside of the return policy and get on with life.

I work at a bank and you remind me of the people who over draft an account and want us to give you the money back because you can't keep your finances straight. Nat even Walmart takes back things that old and they take anything back.

This G

LOL @ Shadow for being completely oblivious to sarcasm.

-Buying something in August for a Christmas gift and expecting the return to be cool? ***.

-Mailing the CEO of a mega-corporation expecting individual response? ***

-Mailing the RETIRED CEO of a company? Extra ***

I have to agree with Simon. Usually a cashier in retail will do everything within their means to make exceptions (within reason to the return policy). It sounds to me like she had reason to believe it wasn't unopened or she would have returned it.

Why would Jessica purposely tear the box so you don't get to return the item???? Seriously. You sound like one of those *** customers that no one likes or can stand in the first place....

People like you want to make the world bend over backwards for you. Have people hold your hand while shopping. Im sure your the type that doesnt understand why prices so high or why coupons have exclusions. BOO WHOOOOO.

Shop online. Thats my advice to you. That way you don't have to actually deal with real people...so you can sit in your corner on your computer and be a anti social complaining loser all by yourself.

Ps I dont work for Best Buy either. I work for their competitors but think your complaints are ***.

I doubt Simon does either. I read his complaint. He simply disagrees with you. I love how you automatically asume that anyone that disagrees with your BS works for Best Buy...good call. Your like a modern day mobile lie dector test. Nothing gets by you.

Happy Days :grin

Mike

A) Extended holiday returns never started until November. How did you think you could get away with returning something 3-4 months later?

B) Bradbury Anderson retired of CEO almost 2 years ago, and was replaced by Brian Dunn.

How old is this claim, or did you maybe do your homework wrong? Nice move lol!

Thank you Shadow. Isn't the fact that I'm rude and nasty proof enough that I don't work for any of these companies?

Wouldn't they want me to be a tad professional?

I stand by what I said. If a NON-COMMISSIONED employee said it was opened, I believe her. She has nothing to gain by lying. Meanwhile, customers lie all the time to get their way.

Why would she go out of her way to deny the return and listen to the customer *** at her all day? Wouldn't she accept the return if she could?

Simon works for best buy? and he's being rude and unappreciative? Big surprise.

having worked in retail for a long time, if a person was told over the phone that they could return something they shouldn't be denied a refund when walking into the store. If not a refund, they should've at least got store credit. He purchased it fair and square and didn't want it. It's not like it was a dvd or cd, it's a CAMERA. Most people don't buy $500 cameras and use them and return them.

Simon, you said you watch these to make sure the company's name isn't tarnished. You are doing enough to tarnish it yourself, being rude and nasty. I can't speak for everyone, but if best buy hires people like you I wouldn't shop there. Besides, Geek Squad sucks. They know nothing unless it's something found online, and can't really do anything useful anyways.

Thats it. My cover is blown.

I might as well come clean. I work in Best Buy's espionage department and go around looking for complaints against the store and making rebuttals so the company's image isn't tarnished.

I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for your meddling.

But seriously, judging by how you come to a ridiculous conclusion just because someone disagrees with you shows me and everyone else how you quickly spin a story so you can believe whatever suits you and make you a helpless victim. I have no doubt that you have done the same with your initial complaint.

Your response is obviously written by a Best Buy service to contest complaints. Good try.

Cry and deny your cover has been blown.

No further responses will be made by me to your pitiful attempts to defend a business whose CEO does not respond to customer concerns. It is not surprising their personnel is inadequately trained.

I did read you statement. I just don't believe it.

Like I said, if you had adhered to their return policy, they would have no reason to deny the return. They obviously had a reason.

All we have is your side of the story, which I'm sure is spun to your liking. I don't believe that the employee tore the label when she opened it and then denied the return on that basis.

It's just not credible. Since we don't have Best Buy's side of the story, it just leaves people to guess what really happened.

READ THE STATEMENT. IT WAS UNOPENED! Jessica tore the label when she opened it!

It sounds like they had an extended return timeframe from Christmas for UNOPENED items and you opened it. You probably decided you didn't like your item or it was too complicated for you and cleverly decided to make it look like it was unopened.

When the employee wasn't dumb enough to fall for your poor attempt at return fraud, you were rightly denied a return.

If "Jessica" said it had been previously opened, it probably was. If you abided by their return policy, they would have no reason to deny the return.

View more comments (11)
Review
#220414 Review #220414 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Best Buy Manager