Scammed me for my info to sell me! | Best Buy in Lodi, California

I spent $700 buying Xmas gifts and as the cashier is ringing me up she says "oh, this item qualifies you for a $25 gift card, I just need your email and phone number." so I give my info thinking I'm getting a gift card for spending so much money, but instead I get an email that says all I have to do is buy a phone and sign a 2-year contract to claim my $25 gift card.... Can you believe that! What government agency do I complain to for them scamming me into giving them my info? Very disappointing and deceitful.
Mike_mn

I started paying cash several years ago! Stores will always ask for your phone number/email.

Little know dirty secret at BB is that they record your purchase history. They know what you bought 10 years ago! Never give them ID. They'll ask even when i pay with cash claiming they can send me special offers.

I always say 'No'.

I've gotten a few snears and dirty looks! Fooey on them.

Unfortunately, you may not have a case. The information that you provided was not contingent on you making a purchase.

What you experienced was a bad business practice. The Dec 2012 issue rates retailers on page 25.

Best Buy is at the bottom. You may want to pickup that issue and try one of the top rated ones in the future.

Best Buy = misleads consumer = false presentation

Best buy seriously misleads the consumer with "bundling" products. They put products (bundled together) on the shelf, have a "price" underneath to make the consumer believe what you see is what you pay for (at shelf price). ABSOLUTELY NO information anywhere near the product to inform you that the above is not the case. So here we go with our daughter to buy a birthday gift. What a great deal we thought (not knowing to much about Xbox etc), for $199 we get, an additional game, cabling and a control !!!!! What a great deal. Until you get to the cashier and your total amount to be paid is just short of $500. I had to dissapoint my child, and we had to void some of the items to bring us down to at least $400 (still $100 over my budget). Their false advertising of product/price definately brought many tears to a birthday girl and has soured my experience to provide my child with a GREAT gift, that she has waited over 3 years for. BEST BUY.......YOU STINK........YOU HAVE DEVIOUS WAYS OF MISLEADING THE CONSUMER. YOU SHOULD BE BROUGHT TO JUSTICE ....YOU MIGHT HAVE MADE THE TOP 100 LIST ..... BUT YOU CANNOT BE PROUD OF THAT ..... YOU CHEATED YOUR WAY TO GET THERE!!!!!!

I just left Best Buy #286 and am very very angry. I was told 2 days ago while purchase a laptop & software, that the Kodak printer was on sale for $49(it had the sign too!)

and that if I took the coupon on the shelf, and brought an old printer in to recycle, that the printer would be free. Well, when I got there, the sign was gone!! The store manager disbelieved me, and told me that if was never on sale. I named the salesperson, and asked him to check with him--he refused.

He basically told me too bad!

Very Very dissatisfied and sick of their sneaky tactics! I will never set foot in their stores again!

Okay how did they cheat you? They have the unit it's self a base price and then they have additional things you are probably going to need if you didnt already have a unit.

Not everthing comes in the box that you will need to get set up otherwise you would see the higher price tag and think of buying her another present anyways. The dont package it all the box because who needs 20 of the same cable?> Research!

Best Buy Cashier

Consumer deciving at Best Buy!

My son, a college student, saw a TV commercial about getting a free XBox when purchase a Windows 7 laptop for $699.00 or more. We decided to go to Best Buy in Yorba Linda, Ca and after spending 45 minutes with a specialist, we picked a $729 Sony laptop and he handed us the free XBox.  The cashier couldn't package both in to subtract the XBox price in the total and called the floor manager " Lucy" who wasted another 20 minutes  trying to process this transaction. Finally, she said that the Sony laptop we picked is not part of this promotion and we are only limited to HP & Acers brands. She said that the "specialist" should have known better and there is nothing she can do to change that. I found the Sunday evening manager to be clueless, arrogant, poss no problem-solving or customer service skills. She carries no business card and refused to give out her last name. She said we can call 800 best buy to complain if this is going to make us happy and walked off!!

She doesn't have to give anyone her last name. Its a personal safety issue. U could be pyschotic and find out her personal information on the internet

Why would you need her last name?

Loss