State: British Columbia Product: Best Buy Website Clear all filters (3 of 38 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:

Best Buy in Salmon Arm, British Columbia - Sold out online

2.2
Seems to be a new scam by Best Buy. Leave the really good deals on computers online forever, even though sold out. Perhaps we'll just buy the next thing since we can't get the great deal. Seems intentional to me that the best computer deals show in a list but click on it and sold out online and no store info available. I am serious. I just spent a few hours and every really great deal turn out to be "sold out" online and no store info available. One local store also did not have the sale items on display but if you asked they could show you the info and provide the product.
Reason of review
sold out online
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Best Buy in Vancouver, British Columbia - Pricing scam

PRICING SCAM.... Went to buy the Olympus Tough TG850 today for $90 off so $179 (in flyer). THEN I see the regular price is $219. So clearly they added a dollar store total garbage neoprene "case" for it (that every other camera has already)... claim that's worth $50 ... and then claim the camera is now $90 off?? really? REALLY?? The camera guy in the store said that must be an old price and old tag, and that couldn't possibly be the case. Ya, more so they forgot to pull that off before pulling this scam. it's even still on the website. I left it due to the shady business practices alone. I don't need a crystal ball to see how future dealings with them will be like. Pathetic

Just to give you a heads up, if you try to price match from Ebay, that will not work haha.

MattD78

Huh, that's funny. The Best Buy website says that camera is $250.

View more comments (1)

Fraudulent price guarantee at Best Buy

I saw a 52 inch TV on sale at Best Buy for $1,799.00 and saw the same TV on sale for $1,599.00 at a competitor's website. The sales manager at the Surrey Central Best Buy location in Surrey, British Columbia refused to honor Best Buy's price guarantee even after I provided him with a printout of the competitors price as proof. The manager's excuse - the competitor's price was below Best Buy's cost price, so he was not prepared to honor Best Buy's price guarantee. No other manager was available so I sent two e-mails to Best Buy's customer service - to date, they have either refused or chose not to respond. I will be filing a formal complaint with the BBB, Consumer Protection Authority and the Competition Bureau for Best Buy's fraudulent marketing practices. Never buy from this business again.

I tried to do the same thing at my Best buy and they said, "Can't do it" , but they explained why... The website I brought the ad in from, on further investigation, is an "Authorized Re-Seller" meaning they sell "refurbished" items, NOT factory direct "New" items.

I asked the Mgr. about the quality of refurbished and he said "Most of them are great, but, when you buy "sight unseen" from the web, you can never be sure of the condition, how long it was used BEFORE it was refurbished, and who do you deal with if it fails again?. They offered me a substantial discount on a similar but better model (matched a local dealer even tho' the closest store had sold out-but a store 45 minutes away still had some)just to get my business. I thought they handled the issue professionally and with a great deal of tact.

I'm sure they get TONS of people wanting to match prices on "iffy" on-line merchandise and I bet it gets old really quick, but in my case, they did right by me. Just sayin'..........

Hey Alan Z; match a price on what, and from whom? WTF?

Give us some legitimate details to look at!

Jim, I have never been refused a price match at my Best Buy. Maybe I am just lucky, huh?

Hey ***

Have you ever read the notices right as your walk into a Best Buy that says they reserve the right to refuse business with anybody they see fit? Have you ever read the fine print of their price matching guarantee?

Or were you just naive enough to think that there were no details, no stipulations, no exclusions, and downright no way for a manager to deny a sale? If you've made it far enough in life to be able to purchase 1600 dollar TV and not have learned that lesson by now, well congratulations, you're the luckiest human being in history.

Same problem with Bestbuy in Commack, NY. Went into the store with a local competitors ad and they refused to match the price.

I had the newspaper in hand. I was told the price was below their wholesale price????? Who cares if Bestbuy cannot obtain the item cheaper then the other store. The policy states, bring in the ad and we will simply match that price???

I called Bestbuy main office and no one could tell me why the store did not match the price.

Great customer service. I will buy my electronics else where.

By policy (and general rule) Best Buy doesn't pricematch competitor's websites. If a store's manager decides to do so, that's up to them.

Good luck with your complaining.

Best Buy Retail Store Price Match Guarantee...

If you find a lower advertised price on the same available brand and model prior to your purchase or during the exchange and return period, we will match that price. Simply bring in the ad of the local retail competitor or Best Buy, while the lower price is in effect and receive your price match.

The guarantee does not apply to our competitors' website pricing and the guarantee does not apply to our or our competitors':

Offers that include financing, bundling of items, free items, pricing errors and mail-in offers

Items that are limited-quantity, out of stock, open-box, clearance, Outlet Center, refurbished/used items and items for sale Thanksgiving day through the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

View more comments (4)