Verified Reviewer

Update by user Aug 11, 2021

I filed a complaint with Georgia's Consumer Protection Law and Best Buy rescheduled delivery and installation on August 4, 2021. At 10 PM on August 3, Best Buy's installation team calls me a second time to tell me now that someone in the tech's family is in the hospital and he won't make it tomorrow.

So now they say they won't come until August 18th. I may believe the hospital excuse once but not twice a month later. Do not waste your time with Best Buy.

No one at Best Buy has called to apologize or make things right. This company is a joke that needs to go out of business.

Original review posted by user Jun 23, 2021

Purchased a Samsung stove and it was delivered and installed on June 3, 2021. Door lock was malfunctioning upon installation and we requested a replacement.

Replacement was scheduled for delivery and installation on June 23. The afternoon before I received a call stating that the tech had been admitted to the hospital can I reschedule for June 30. No problem. However, on June 23rd Best Buy tried to deliver the appliance anyway.

I have no room to store a stove for a week. Tried several different times to contact someone to prevent delivery. I talked to a customer service rep the morning of the 23rd who assured me that the delivery wasn't scheduled for today. She told me if it showed up to refuse delivery and it would be delivered on the 30th.

It showed up anyway and I explained what was happening and refused delivery. Called customer service back and tried to ensure that delivery and installation were going to occur on June 30th and he would not confirm that and said I had to wait 24 hours even though my account said installation was scheduled on the 30th. I do work for a living and cannot keep taking off so Best Buy can get their affairs in order. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was placed on hold for 40 minutes.

At that point I tried to cancel the order and the rep said I had to wait 24 hours before he could cancel and refund me the original purchase. At this point I had also purchased a Sony TV with these incompetent people and cancelled that order on the spot. It is amazing that Best Buy has an issue (technician being sick), and I have to pay the price.

I was very understanding about the tech being ill, but don't tell me that an appointment your company made may or may not be honored. time they could not promise that elive

User's recommendation: Avoid this company at all costs.

Product or Service Mentioned: Best Buy Range Installation.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Best Buy Cons: Inability to follow their own policies, Poor delivery service and hard to contact customer service, Incompetence of customer service.

Comments