Our home is being repaired after the Harvey hurricane flood. We bought a high end SamSung replacement refrigerator and GE Monogram range from the Best Buy in Sugar Land, Texas. A nightmare of incompetence, cross-functional blame and damage ensued.

Range delivered two months before install awaiting flooring cabinet installation. When they went to install, they discovered they did not have the correct connection kit for what the sold us. We got bounced around on promises for a follow-up up installation. Promises made on appointments and times of arrival were not kept. Spoke to a Corporate employee named Jesse, who said he would make sure it got handled but that that they did not think the original connection kit was the wrong one and asked me to go buy it at Home Depot and they would re-imburse me. I did. Having had enough of the broken promises, I went over to the local Best Buy where I bought this range and got reimbursed for the connection kit and was told by the store manager "they should have had the correct installation kit with them when they came to install the range"!

The crew came the next day. They said although I had the right kit, another fitting needed to be replaced and I would have to buy another fitting and schedule another installation team to finish the install. These guys damaged one of the new cabinet doors. Had to buy another $30 connection kit to get the single fitting.We had to delay the counter installation because Best Buy would not expedite someone back to finish the installation. Finally done two days later - after rescheduling yet again another "show up" time promise.

All told, weeks delay, multiple broken promises on appointments, utter Three Stooges level incompetence at the local, warehouse, 3rd party service and Corporate levels added to the cost of replacing a new cabinet door, a second connection kit, two trips to Home Depot and one trip to Best Buy. All of this to get these people to do what should have been done the first time correctly.

I would eat broken glass with a spoon before I would buy major appliance from this store chain that is riddled with anti-customer service execution from one end to another and, by the way, screens reviews submitted about their local stores for the website to put in only 4 star or better reviews.

Buyer Beware Of Best Buy

Product or Service Mentioned: Best Buy Range Installation.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: To warn others. It is too late for me..

Comments