Maple Ridge, British Columbia

On December 8, 2015 my wife & I went into the Best Buy store #958 in Coquitlam, BC to purchase a Sony LCD TV model # KDL65W850C, a tilting wall mount and a four year extended warranty.

I was told the TV would have to be ordered for "In-store pick up" and the pick up date on the receipt is Dec 10, 2015.

I was also told that I would have to call them to see if it had arrived as they do not call their customers to advise of the arrival of the ordered merchandise. I tried phoning over a dozen times over a period of 2 hours, on Dec 11, 2015, the day after it was due to be in the store, but they never answered the phone. I then drove back to the store (45 mins in traffic) to pick up the TV only to be told that it had not yet arrived at the store. I then requested to reverse the sale as they had not completed their contract and the communication was nil. I was then advised by their supervisor that they would not reverse the sale until they delivered the TV to themselves for the "In-store pick up". To date, (Dec 16, 2015), I have still not been advised that the TV has arrived.

I have a copy of the receipt reflecting the above mentioned dates. I tried today (Dec 16, 2015) to call them and after 10 attempts with no answer I decided that it was time to call Master Card to dispute the charge which they did.

I will add this experience to my Best Buy (worst service) horror story which I recount at all gatherings.

Best Buy Cons: Lack of help.

Comments

#1081960

I had a similar experience but two representatives from Best Buy lied to me about an iMac I had purchased. They said they would call when the item was ready to be picked up - one person even said they went as far as calling and leaving a message.

When I went in the store to inquire because I in fact had NOT heard from Best Buy, he informed me they do not call customers for in-store pickups. My order was auto canceled because of their miscommunication!!