30 Andrews Dr, Woodland Park, NJ 07424, USA
Resolved
3.6
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Sep 05

Best buy fixed computer and gave me free of charge a new Virus protection program. Great job!

Update by user Sep 18, 2018

Ran Trend Micro full scan twice and online assistance could not resolve. Trend Micro not on again this morning.

Original review posted by user Sep 17, 2018

I had been using Kaspersky Virus protection on my computer for years never a problem.Now for some reason Best Buy decides to switch their virus protection service provider to Trend Micro Virus internet protection. So in switching to Trend Micro I have had nothing but problems everyday.

It appears that Trend Micro virus protection program shuts down overnight and now even during the day. Of course I have to restart it manually. This of course has left me vulnerable to viruses. I have been to Best Buy Geek Squad twice and they have not fixed my problem.

I went on line and also used the online service they have also have not fixed the problem. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND NOT TO SWITCH TO BEST BUY / GEEK SQUAD AND TREND MICRO VIRUS PROTECTION UNTIL THEY WORK OUT WHAT IS GOING ON.

Product or Service Mentioned: Geek Squad Technical Support.

Reason of review: Trend Micro / Geek Squad.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Best Buy Cons: Customer service and damaged product, Trend micro not working after switched from kaspersky.

Comments

Machele

FYI: there is no need to pay for anti virus software. There are many free, and good ones, eg., Avast.

Harvey F