South Jordan, Utah
10.8K views

I went to best buy on 12/9/2011 to check their "price matching". I was in the market for a 50" + TV.

Target had the same TV as best buy. Target wanted 549 for it, best buy wanted 799 for it. When i asked for the price match they stated it was not the same TV since the model number was off by 1. After a bit of arguing ( since the product description in both stores was IDENTICAL ) they price matched it.

GREAT im feeling good. Now the salesman shows me stands to place the TV on which were horribly overpriced and ugly. I decided to check walmart to see if they were underselling target, best buy etc for the same type of tv stands. Well they were.

Once again i felt good, found something that was more cost effective. While at the worlds smalles walmart supercenter ( it is very VERY small, so they have very odd sales all the time to make room for new stuff they cant store or hold ) i noticed a row of BRAND NEW Samsung LCD's for 225 bucks, and in the 46" range. So i decided if they had them in the morning i would buy one save even more and take back my UNOPENED TV to best buy. fast forward 11 hours.

I took it back, best buy had no problem accepting it, no problem ushering me out of the store, and claiming it was refunded. NOT THE CASE. I went to my bank ( chase ) who refunds ALL DEBIT TRANSACTIONS AS SOON AS THEY RECOGNIZE THE CREDIT, and they stated best buy had sent them nothing yet. I went back to the store.

the first red headed kid, was a complete *** and rolled his eyes when i said i wanted to talk to someone about this. A manager came over, and also rolled her eyes. She rudely explained that my reciept and this piece of paper in front of the register was a consent form to THEIR RETURN policy. I argued no one ever informed me and by handing me something does not mean that i consent to it.

They then said " call 888 best-buy ". So i left and did. The manager at the store said wait till 10pm, when we close our tills the VISA transaction will get updated. I was furious, you can have your product back, and keep my money?!

Anyways. 888 best-buy, says no way, it takes 3 to 5 days. I argue that a " manager " just bold faced told me different. They then called the store and another " manager " said it was 3 to 5 days but maybe 10.

So now im super irritated, that 2 different

" managers " from the same store were giving conflicting answers. I go back, speak with another manager, after him trying to run me in circles (and at the same time deal with a lady that gave her ID to them for a " geek squad " pickup, that they mistankenly put through a paper shredder ) he said sorry, you have to wait. I then told him i wanted the general manager. Granted he was nice and so/so for his empathy, he told me about 7 different answers.

His " bridge team " ( higher ups that can override policy o guess ) said no way, his regional manager said no way, and the corporate number didnt know what to say. He then told me that it comes down to once again " batching " the tills out for the refund, wait till the store closes tonight it will be back in. 3 days later and nothing. No one can give me a straight answer but wont deal with you if your purchase is over 250 bucks......sad for a store that wants you to COME BACK and BUY, BUY, BUY.

But you wont refund your clients money. I advise NO ONE TO GO TO ANY BEST BUY. REGARDLESS OF IF YOU USE CASH, you STILL HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEM TO REFUND BACK TO YOUR CARD OR MAIL YOU A CHECK. by you purchasing a product there you automatically consent to this.

FINE WAY TO KEEP PEOPLE WANTING TO DO BUISNESS. believe me im informing the BBB about this today.

Comments

@marina

BS...

I return some thing at Walmart and my debit card is balanced before I walk out the door.

I just returned a $40 dollar purchase at Best Buy on debit and nothing is there.

I even asked the woman, should I swipe my card. She said no, the money is there.

The money is not there and it is Best Buy.

Best Buy Reviews