10.3K views

I went to best buy on 12/9/2011 to check their "price matching". I was in the market for a 50" + TV.

Target had the same TV as best buy. Target wanted 549 for it, best buy wanted 799 for it. When i asked for the price match they stated it was not the same TV since the model number was off by 1. After a bit of arguing ( since the product description in both stores was IDENTICAL ) they price matched it.

GREAT im feeling good. Now the salesman shows me stands to place the TV on which were horribly overpriced and ugly. I decided to check walmart to see if they were underselling target, best buy etc for the same type of tv stands. Well they were.

Once again i felt good, found something that was more cost effective. While at the worlds smalles walmart supercenter ( it is very VERY small, so they have very odd sales all the time to make room for new stuff they cant store or hold ) i noticed a row of BRAND NEW Samsung LCD's for 225 bucks, and in the 46" range. So i decided if they had them in the morning i would buy one save even more and take back my UNOPENED TV to best buy. fast forward 11 hours.

I took it back, best buy had no problem accepting it, no problem ushering me out of the store, and claiming it was refunded. NOT THE CASE. I went to my bank ( chase ) who refunds ALL DEBIT TRANSACTIONS AS SOON AS THEY RECOGNIZE THE CREDIT, and they stated best buy had sent them nothing yet. I went back to the store.

the first red headed kid, was a complete *** and rolled his eyes when i said i wanted to talk to someone about this. A manager came over, and also rolled her eyes. She rudely explained that my reciept and this piece of paper in front of the register was a consent form to THEIR RETURN policy. I argued no one ever informed me and by handing me something does not mean that i consent to it.

They then said " call 888 best-buy ". So i left and did. The manager at the store said wait till 10pm, when we close our tills the VISA transaction will get updated. I was furious, you can have your product back, and keep my money?!

Anyways. 888 best-buy, says no way, it takes 3 to 5 days. I argue that a " manager " just bold faced told me different. They then called the store and another " manager " said it was 3 to 5 days but maybe 10.

So now im super irritated, that 2 different

" managers " from the same store were giving conflicting answers. I go back, speak with another manager, after him trying to run me in circles (and at the same time deal with a lady that gave her ID to them for a " geek squad " pickup, that they mistankenly put through a paper shredder ) he said sorry, you have to wait. I then told him i wanted the general manager. Granted he was nice and so/so for his empathy, he told me about 7 different answers.

His " bridge team " ( higher ups that can override policy o guess ) said no way, his regional manager said no way, and the corporate number didnt know what to say. He then told me that it comes down to once again " batching " the tills out for the refund, wait till the store closes tonight it will be back in. 3 days later and nothing. No one can give me a straight answer but wont deal with you if your purchase is over 250 bucks......sad for a store that wants you to COME BACK and BUY, BUY, BUY.

But you wont refund your clients money. I advise NO ONE TO GO TO ANY BEST BUY. REGARDLESS OF IF YOU USE CASH, you STILL HAVE TO WAIT FOR THEM TO REFUND BACK TO YOUR CARD OR MAIL YOU A CHECK. by you purchasing a product there you automatically consent to this.

FINE WAY TO KEEP PEOPLE WANTING TO DO BUISNESS. believe me im informing the BBB about this today.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Dec 13, 2011.

Comments

Your monitary loss was 549$ not 799$, you even stated they price matched you. Your story isn’t consistent and is obviously biased. Please try to fix these discrepancies before expecting people to belive your rapport.

U could have just sue them

You're a joke

Belleville, Illinois, United States #1341715

Monetary loss of $799? Try again.

You didn't lose your money, it just took longer than you expected to get it back. Quit making a huge deal out of nothing.

You honestly sound like a difficult *** to deal with anyways... have you never returned anything you bought with your credit card before?

You should know *** well refunds can easily take 3-5 business days regardless of merchant to reflect back on ur card. This has nothing to do with the merchant but more so your financial institution.

You *** yourself over by getting all greedy, they price matched a TV for you and saved you huge money, but no you had to get greedy and by some *** brand TV from WalFART... gtfo with ur BS crybaby story.

to Anonymous Gilbert, Arizona, United States #1208012

That's not true. Often it actually has to do with the merchant.

Also maybe you should be more kind to others, whether they are being difficult or not they have the right to express their own feelings and opinions just as you do. However in expressing your feelings you don't have to put the other person down.

going through the same sh** they told me since the item was purchased in cash I should get it back in cash yet they tell me since the item was purchased for more than $2000 cash I have to wait for a refund check in the mail. which makes no since.....

if you take cash you should give cash whats the got dam* Problem????!!!! fu** Best Buy

to Anonymous #1367946

They don't keep more then $2000 in the store , brinks trucks pick up the money every so often. They don't offer cash returns cause its also a liability for you walking out the store with that much cash.

OH lovely, wish I had known this. We just returned an item on 3/9/16 and made an additional purchase.

There is no refund yet and no one at the store knows what the *** is going on. Total ***, done with Best Buy and trust me when I say we have purchased thousands of dollars there in the last year.

I am confused about this whole story. Just buy the 2nd tv and wait the 3/5 10 days whatever for the credit to post.

Like the other person said it is your banks delay not best buy.

If a TV wipes out your entire account you should probably save a little something.

Sounds like your attitude had alot to do with your experience and your lack of knowledge on how long it takes refunds to go through the network and post to your account as well.

I went to best buy and bought something for 40$ only to realize I didn't need it. Returning to best buy I have them my receipt and what I bought asking for cash back the guy there told me "sorry we use to do cash back on debit cards but not we don't" whatever right, so I asked him how long till the money returns to my account?

He immedeilty with no hesitation told me "it's instant, it will be there before today is over" clearly satisfied with his answer I left only to realize a few days later I still had no money back. Sure I might get it back in a week or so, but I don't appreciate being lied to. How about you train your employees properly so they don't lie to your customers dead in their face. *** your best buy.

I'm not buying *** from you guys again. I don't deal with sneaky gross tactics just to get me out of the store.

to Anonymous #1030876

Hey Anonymous, I'm an employee for Best Buy and I can tell you that in most returns it is an instant refund. It all depends on your bank, for example mine with Aline refunds immediately every time I return something. So the fault is not with our training, but with your bank verifying the deposit.

to Anonymous Moline, Illinois, United States #1091838

How about sparing us all the waste of time and energy and THINK before you buy? There's always something "off" about people who chronically return a great percentage of what they buy.

to Anonymous Duncanville, Texas, United States #1192269

I totally understand where you coming from.. I had a punk to lie to me today about my refund.

I'm thinking my money will be on my card by now. But nope nothing.

In waiting till 12 midnight to check again to see. If no money I'll be heading to not so best buy in the morning.

1st. Best Buy has no control over the speed of the refund once they have asked the merchant processing company to do so.

2nd Best Buy clearly took GOOD care of you price matching the competitors TV even though they were not identical model numbers. 3rd. You most likely purchased a lesser brand and last years model TV at walmart which is why there was a difference in price. Best Buy is an amazing company they honor their return policies and have survived against online retailers like Amazon, Ebay, etc.

This is a huge achievement for stores that have such large overhead! I love shopping online for the convenience but nothing will replace live in person human expertise.

Stop crying about having to deal with people. You may get what you wish for :)

MattD78
Melbourne, Florida, United States #1001216

"If you paid more than $800 in cash or more than $250 by check or by a debit card without a major credit card logo, we will refund you by check within 10 business days."

The BBB isn't going to do anything because as you mentioned this is stated in their return policy. You may not think that's fair and that is fine, perfectly acceptable to air your grievances on a site like this it's what it's for. However I would suggest reading the return policy of any store before committing to a big ticket purchase like this in the future to avoid any other unpleasant surprises.

to MattD78 Mandeville, Louisiana, United States #1132559

I spent right under $100 on my debit and they told me it'd go right back on my card(yesterday 3/22) Would it take up to 10 days? Bc the return policy states I would get a check and I asked and they said no you get it back how you pay it

Massachusetts, United States #908099

How bout this one I ordered a tv they didn't have In stock although the website is still taking pick up orders for same day at store I picked they charged me before checking stock now I'm stuck with not enough credit limit until they decide to give me money they stole yes they stole it they took my money and offered no services in return

to Anonymous #1046286

Are you serious. You gave them the money, you confirmed the transaction so please don't state they stole anything. Secondly, you probably only had to wait until the next shipment of your item to that location and that is all.