Longview, Texas

I purchased a webroot internet security disk for my laptop a year ago at Best Buy in Longview, TX., installed without much difficulty and recently it expired so I bought another one, but the problem was that the new one refused to work so I contacted Webroot's service for help and only sent me an over complicated list of procedures that I couldn't follow. I then tried calling Geek Squad for help, but could never get a response; a full week of this going back and forth with Webroot's services and Best Buy. So finally, I went to Best Buy determined to get some help, unfortunately I didn't think to bring my laptop with me and they told me they couldn't help, basically sending me on my way; to make the evening worse was them informing me that they would not refund me after opening the software.

I got so mad that handed my software to an employee to throw away, which he did and I guess it really burned me that he didn't inquire why or offered any kind of help; never felt so dejected.

My complaint is that it shouldn't have been so hard to install a simple internet security or go through all this trouble for assistance, much less feel like you were just robbed. Webroot is trouble, don't buy it, but Best Buy is even worse.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

Why is it Best Buy's fault that you don't know how to use a computer?

#1120854

Hello,

If you are unable to follow the instructions that we provide for installation, it is best to contact Webroot directly by phone. We can remote into the machine and resolve the issue for you completely free of charge.

Support Number: 1-866-612-4227