Product: Best Buy Shipping Service Clear all filters (88 of 88 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:
Ordered a computer online and after the order was placed and accepted on bestbuy.com then we received an email informing us that the unit will only be shipped in 1 - 2 weeks. .. and "We apologize for the inconvenience, If we do not hear from you before we ship your...

I agree...BestBuy.com SUCKS! They did the very same thing to me.

Never told me that the computer that I ordered was on back order until AFTER they took the money out of my account, which they aren't even suppose to do until the item has actually been shipped, and now I have to come up with the money to purchase another one locally because at this point my money won't be available for another 5-7 days if I cancel the order. UNLAWFUL!!! On top of that, they blatantly hung up on me TWICE when I called to discuss their screw-up!

They should be shut down! NEVER will I order from them again!

Best Buy bait and switch

An Acer A100 tablet was offered for $189. Even though several locations claimed availability, I was told they were not available only after I entered all my credit card and personal information. In addition, I received emails confirming that the purchase was made and telling me to call Customer Service to have the unit shipped for free. After talking to Customer Service 4 times, I was still told there were no units available. and if they were, there was no shipping available for that unit. The normal price was for this unit around $350. 2 Days later, I see they are still on sale on the BB website. This time for $249. Again, when I went to the locations, and called Customer Service, they claim that no units are available. There were never an minimums mentioned on the site. I have customer service on the phone while writing this. I told them to check any store throughout the country and any warehouses. There are non available even though the website clearly says there is availability. I can understand if the website is not up to the minute accurate, but it's been four days and only the price has changed. But no "out of stock" or "not available at this time" message is posted by the item.

Sure thing:

Bait and Switch-

An illegal tactic in which a seller advertises a product with the intention of persuading customers to purchase a more expensive product. When a seller uses this tactic, they frequently tell the customer that the original product is sold out or no longer available (even if the product is indeed still available), and push hard for the customer to purchase the costlier product. This tactic can be considered false advertising if the seller is not actually providing the original product, but if the item is available but the seller strongly encourages the customer towards another item, in general no legal action can be taken.

So, how did Best Buy persuade the OP to buy a different, more expensive item? They didn't? Sorry, simply running out of a sale item doesn't count as bait and switch.

Simon~

WHy dont you explain the bait & switch instead of calling people names.... unless of course you dont actually know what it means!!!

BTW Anonymous good luck with your situation... :)

You should really learn what bait and switch is before you start accusing a store of it. It really makes you sound like a retard. Google it.

#381984

Ordered a TV this morning online. BB.com claimed the tv was available for shipping.

Checked status 3 hours later... back ordered. Canceled order.Used bb rewards points. Purchase another tv.

Come to find out that my bb reward points wouldn't be available for 3 to 5 days. BB policy is horrible.

View more comments (3)
Best Buy Shipping Service

BEST BUY FALSE ADVERTISING!!!!!

BestBuy.com is a rip off. You order merchandise online to pick up in store and you get an email stating the merchandise is not available at the store and to call customer service to have it shipped for free. The email also states BestBuy will not charge your credit card until they check availability at the store. BestBuy customer service does not offer the free shipping or any shipping at all, so basically the email is a lie and you purchase an item they can not provide. They also authorize your credit card which holds the money for 3-5 days.It's not "charging" your card but the money is unavailable your use for several days. SO you have no merchandise and no money for 3-5 days. It's going on day 3 and I still do not have the $650.00 back after I cancelled the orders for two laptops bought one after another due to their inacurracy of stock on hand at my local store. In addition, Bestbuy leaves the items on their website at least 2hours after they know it is not in stock in the local store.I personally timed the order after it happened to me the first time. I had to call customer service myself to have the internet ad taken down after I threatened to sue for false advertising. POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE, BUSINESS PRACTICES, AND BORDERING ON INTERNET FRAUD. DONT RISK IT FOLKS!"

:upset :( :x :sigh :p :grin :) :roll :eek

when you buy for instore pick up do you not take in to account the fact that there are customers in the store buying the same product? Common sense!! It may be availble when you are online but be sold out by the time your order goes through and as far as the money hold goes....that's all your bank and how long they hold your funds before releasing them

This happened to me and others too.

You make it sound like Best Buy is the only one that does this. They ALL do it!

Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Sears, Circuit City, etc etc. The list goes on and on.

Best Buy equals the BIGGEST *** cking crooks ever!

Best buy is trying to do same thing to us. We had multiple black friday options for laptops.

We chose best buy and made purchase.

Now they send email saying it isn't in stock but they will ship for free from warehouse. When you call they say they have nothing, but a few hours later you get email asking you to call and they will ship free from warehouse?!?

They need to honor the transaction and respect the customer!

It was completely relevant after they did this to him for him to time how long they kept the post up.. Ppl are buyin these items and best buy is charging them and they dont even have any in stock!

It shows that they knew they were out and still were taking ppls money for a product they dont even have!

Thats basiclly stealing! u must need a hobby if u have so much time to just sit around and try to make fun of ppl, when hes actually the one whos right!

Hey. I'd say that a mad & irate customer does this sort of thing.

I; myself DON'T have a problem with Best buy. I love the place. My rant is with Direct TV. But I can tell you this.

When it comes to your money; no telling what you may do. So I don't think you should try to be-little this person.

That's NOT what these forums are here for. You may want to think about that next time you have a problem with a company & YOUR money, "So Sad".

Who sits there and times the internet to see when an item is removed?Quick someone get this man a hobby and a life asap.

:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

View more comments (8)
Loss

Best Buy and there rude costumer service

I bought a 55' LG t.v on Wednesday and was told it will be shipped on Friday. They said they will email me the shipping info and call me to let me know when there coming....they NEVER did either. Then when i call to find out, the workers at the store was so RUDE. They did not even help me. But..... when i was purchasing the t.v Wednesday, they were all kissing my *** I am super pissed...i will not go to the Margate Best Buy anymore...i will purchase my electronics elsewhere....uhhhhh super pissed
Judye

Dear Sir,

We regret the inconvenience you had to face and would like to help resolve this issue on priority basis. We have made a note of your complaint and request you to kindly provide us with your service request number/complaint number or contact details so that we can look into the matter.

For any further assistance, please feel free to write us at serviceindia@lge.com

Regards,

LG Customer Support Team

Best Buy Shipping Service
So I ordered a samsung 40 lcd with a stand on black friday. I asked it to be delivered on wednesday the 1st of december, wednesday the 1st rolls around and no tv or stand. I checked my voicemail and the message from best buy says that the tv and stand will be delivered...

Yep, I work for Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target, Toys R Us, Staples, and Office Max. If someone doesn't automatically take a customer's side, that is proof positive of their employment.

Anyone who says that a store ruined their Christmas clearly has their priorities out of whack.

And the fiancée crying? A grown man?

Because of a TV? These people are clearly delusional.

View more comments
Loss
On 10-18-10 I ordered the GE Gas Range online. On 10-22-10 I was told it would be delayed another 10 - 14 days. I cancelled the order (Case # 78028911) and was told the charge against my AmEx would be lifted in 48 hours. On 10-25-10 I called to confirm since my card...
This G
#205278

They dropped the ball so much on this. My advice for the future, any time you are returning something, do it in person and get a paper print out of the valid cancellation and in 48 hours (or however long they say it will take) if it is not posted back to your card, immediately call your credit card company and notify them that it is a false charge due to valid cancellation.

Review
#204652 Review #204652 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Best Buy- No Match

I’m writing to convey a situation that was extremely dissatisfying regarding my purchase of a new HP HDX notebook from Best Buy.com. This particular notebook is very new, large (20-inch screen!) and expensive. Best Buy has not been willing to stock them in-store so I made the purchase through their .com service. I’ve never used their .com before, but have made many large electronics purchases in-store, I use my Best Buy credit card and I am a member of Best Buy’s Reward Program. I’ve bought several thousands of dollars of equipment from Best Buy including video and still cameras, TV’s, a surround sound system, a portable DVD player, an automotive cd changer and installation, and numerous smaller items. Here’s my order: HP HDX- $2,999 Extended Warranty- $456 Tax- $215 Total- $3,600 Before I received my purchase I discovered that B&H photo (New York City) had the same model for $2,399; $600 less retail! I called to cancel my Best Buy order, but it was already shipped. When my computer arrived, I took it unopened to my local Best Buy (Orange Park, FL) with the online price from B&H. It is also worth noting that I also printed ads from Circuit City and CompUSA, both local Best Buy competitors and both $300 less for the retail price. I began my attempted price matching with the ad from B&H. I was told that they are not local competitors and as such Best Buy would not match. My final attempt was to show them both the Circuit City and CompUSA ads for a matching of $300 on the retail price. Now the rep.’s story changed to state that Best Buy.com does not price-match. She said it was plainly indicated on my invoice though she was not able to show me this. They absolutely refused to match the price. I had to leave the unopened computer and get a refund. As a final insult, they would not refund my measly $20.00 shipping charge stating that it is not their fault that I do not want to pay so much more for a computer. Luckily I’ve saved quite a lot since B&H can not charge tax and does not offer extended warranty in Florida. Here’s the final tally: Best Buy total: $3,600 B&H: Computer: $2,399 Shipping: $40 Tax: $0 Warranty: $0 Free printer: $0 Free Windows Training DVD: $0 B&H Total: $2,440 Savings: $1,200 plus a $50 rebate, free HP printer and Windows Training DVD I’ve gained a valuable lesson and Best Buy has lost a valuable customer. I’m sharing this story with everyone I can find. Too bad all the people at work consider me the go-to-guy regarding technology. I’ll steer them all away from Best Buy. Jeff Aboumrad Middleburg, FL Jeff@naked-eye.net
#132009

that was sort of dumb "This particular notebook is very new, large (20-inch screen!) and expensive" wow dumb *** most 20 inch laptops are durr

werte

That's ok Best Buy. Keep making your customers unhappy.

That's the way to stay in business. I told the lower level manager that I would post complaints online. The problem is...

I can't find anything good about this store unless it's from corp. All I have to say is " Enron"

Cant wait till it breaks and you have no local support :grin

View more comments (2)

Best Buy in Milwaukee, Wisconsin - Repair On switch Compaq Presario x1000

The "on" switch for our Compaq Presario x1000 laptop computer broke. Best Buy, where we purchased it originally, told my wife that they would have to send the work "out" and that it would take "at least" 5-6 weeks, They could not give a cost estimate but said it might "cost more that the computer was worth" and why didn't we just buy a new one. HP service center will repair it for 298 dollars and return the computer within three working days. The cost includes all shipping, handling and repair plus a warranty on the repair. I think $298 is a better investment than $3000 for a new computer Thanks for nothing Best Buy Another reason to not purchase anything more compicated than a DVD or CD music album E L Koch