Houston, Texas

This is the letter I sent Best Buy today. Some personal info was deleted.

November 2, 2011

To Whom It May Concern:

My name is Brittany. My order number is BBY01-. 2 months ago, I made the mistake of ordering an LG washer/dryer unit on your company's website bestbuy.com. The website offered me the option to pick the date for which I would like my purchase to be delivered. I selected October 13, 2011.

On October 12, 2011, I received a call from a Best Buy representative confirming my scheduled delivery for the next day.

On October 13, the delivery never came. I never received a call or email from Best Buy...the delivery just never came.

After waiting several hours for my delivery, I finally called Best Buy and spoke with a very apologetic representative (who's name I did not think to write down) who offered me a $50 credit, along with a rescheduling for the delivery of the washer and dryer. The Best Buy representative informed me that the unit I had purchased on your website would not be available until November 2, 2011 (which was news to me at that point), and so we scheduled the new delivery date for November 2, 2011.

On November 1, 2011, both my husband and I received a confirmation call from Best Buy in regards to the delivery scheduled on November 2. I crossed my fingers.

Today is November 2, 2011. I just got off the phone with a nice woman named Civian who works for your delivery agency, 3 P D. She just informed me that the product to be delivered to me, an LG Washer/Dryer unit, has not been delivered by Best Buy to her warehouse so that they could deliver it to me. She suggested I call 1-888-BEST-BUY.

This time, the first time I called 1-888-BEST-BUY, I was on hold for several minutes, and then the call dropped. As I am writing this to you, I am in the middle of my second attempt (I spoke to a perky young lady named Kristin) to reach a "customer care representative", and I have now been on hold for 15 minutes.

I have been inexplicably routed to Bobby Wide (who also told me that he "wasn't allowed to give me his employee number") in online support, who told me that "the systems were down" and he could not transfer me back to the correct department. So I now have to call 1-888-Best-Buy back a third time just to speak to someone about this issue.

After being on hold for about 10 minutes, I am now speaking with Hazel Hollingsworth. She has been very helpful. She informed me that my case number for this whole debacle is 918--67. I told her I was fed up with how Best Buy has been treating me and my order, and I informed her that I wanted to cancel the order and get my money back. I also let her know that I wanted to talk to her supervisor, and waited while she transferred me.

I am now speaking with Hazel's supervisor Deborah (Employee #: 515883). She was very apologetic and offered me a $150 gift card to Best Buy, which I accepted, even though I feel that $150 is a paltry sum considering all of the wasted time and energy that has gone into me attempting to purchase a washer/dryer from BestBuy.com.

The order has been cancelled, and I am getting my money back. I am shocked that it had to come to this. My husband and I will go another week without a washer and dryer, and we will have to find one someplace else. I wanted to inform Best Buy Corporate of Best Buy's many missteps, and to also inform you that I will also post this email on every news outlet, website, and business bureau (including the BBB) that I can. A bad review like this on Reddit.com alone can be very bad business, even for a huge company like Best Buy. If my experience can even dissuade one person from ever buying a big ticket item online from Best Buy and expecting prompt deliver and excellent customer service, then it will not have been in vain. Perhaps I'll take my money to Amazon.com--they are notorious for their excellent "customer care."

Sincerely,

Brittany Behrens Marcus

Product or Service Mentioned: Best Buy Customer Care.

Comments

Similar thing happened to us in Dec. 2013 regarding an electronic item ordered on BestBuy.com. The Home Delivery co actually avoids getting a bad mark on their record by noting it as a refusal.

They delivered our item to another home. They went back and brought it to us, but told us the other customer had already had it out and put it together. We called the manager, Tony, who said, ok so you are refusing service? We said we want what we ordered, a new tv, not one that has been in someone's house that we have no guarantee as to what happened with it. Tony told us we had to call customer service and re-order. Customer service said they could only tell us the refund policy, and they don't handle online stuff so there is nothing they can do. We would be refunded and lose the sale price we got on the tv when re-ordering.

The Home Delivery Co knows exactly what they are doing to protect their mistakes. Figuring out how to get the right managers at Best Buy to take note is where the problem lies.