Product: Best Buy Sales Manager Clear all filters (43 of 43 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:
I purchased a $2500 TV at Best Buy #299 in Raleigh, NC.. When the store delivered the TV, the TV screen was cracked and the store manager and sales manager would not exchange the TV.. Not only that but the two managaers said that myself, father and sister were lying...

Because you're an obvious shill for this company.

Loss

Best Buy in Winnipeg, Manitoba - *** Customer Service

I purchased an NU-START remote car starter for my car and got the extended warranty package. Recently, the remotes would no longer display the icons on the remote. It would still work but I couldn't tell if the doors were locked or not, nothing was displaying. So I took it into Best Buy with my warranty service plan. The sales guy tells me to call head office, its not their issue. So I call head office and they tell me they can't help, its the stores problem. So I call the store back and talk to a manager. First off, it is the stores issue, the sales guy was just tossing me off to someone else. Secondly, the manager tells me, I have to do all the warranty work myself. I have to contact the company who makes the remotes, arrange everything with them. So, Best BUy, after taking your money, doesn't lift a finger to help. And to top it off, the company(Staub Electronics) tells me my remotes are not covered under the warranty sold to me. AS IF! I am furious with this attitude from Best Buy, of promising goods and not delivering. I will never buy from Best Buy or Staub electronics again.

AVOID Best Buy. horrible

15% re-stocking fee for unopened camera. I was never told about a "restocking fee" prior to buying. Then their so-called customer service person (kid) was so proud of himself that he could show me this tiny disclaimer in the fine print on the back of the receipt...that you get AFTER buying.

I then went beyond their lack of in-store customer support and called corporate, and sent a letter... they could care less about my business or losing future business. Which indeed they have lost. This was quite a few years ago, and have since purchased many many electronics elsewhere. They stole $50 from me and lost thousands dollars of future business since then! Best Buy = ***

If thats the case where is it ANYWHERE on their website or list of dealers they don't list it that *** company. The bs is dripping outta your mouth.

bhottie

You're a complete ***. I DID buy my remote system directly AT BESTBUY.

I walked into the store, and bought it. Don't assume anything you complete retard.

Soooo let me guess you bought an remote start alarm off the internet super cheap. Then you took it to best buy and had it installed since you know they guarantee their work for life.

What you didnt know is they dont cover your piece of *** alarm that came from china. So go ahead and hate away I just love cheap *** getting theirs.

John N

You have run into the new BestBuy----crappy service with an attitude. Time to join the rest of us in avoiding them, period. Far too many places sell the same products.

View more comments (5)
Best Buy Sales Manager
On Wednesday 2-22 I visited the Best Buy Store at Afton Ridge Kannapolis-Concord N C I received some information from a Geek Squad person and proceeded to the department in order to make a purchase, there were 2 sales persons in the area both were busy, I stood around...

I go to this particular store all the time and they are over top helpful !!! TOO helpful at times.

No way this person stood there for more than ten minutes without assistance...the store is not that big and blue shirts are everywhere!!

Obviously not an assertive person, if I were there more than ten minutes I would in someone's face. Can't believe you take the time to write the complaint but didnt take the time to complain to management ?!

SERIOUSLY? REALLY?!

Best Buy Sales Manager

Best Buy screws the consumer again

Today 1/28/12 I attempted to exchange a gift I received for Christmas on 12/25/11 at the Rapid City, SD store. I dropped off the product when I arrived at the store in the customer service desk stating that I want to return it for exchange but did not know what I wanted yet and needed to look around. They said okay. I returned to the service desk and started working with a gentleman until he stated that the return date had expired and he needed to talk to the manager about it. When the manager arrived she briefly stated that the date had expired and she could not accept the return. I stated that I lived 154 miles away and that I do not get to any town that has a Bestbuy every month to return such things and she again said "sorry". She obviously does not care about the customer or understand retail sales. I had planned to use that return as partial to purchase a new Iphone, accessories, and a couple of other twenty dollar items. Not only did you all lose my purchases today but will never see me purchase anything from you all again. Also I will be spreading the details of my experience to all of my contacts along with every place on the internet that I can think of. I will also be writing to our local newspaper so everyone can see how you treat customers that do not live in the towns where you have stores.

People who comment on these complaints are so rude. These complaints are to inform people of their bad experiences with companies and people are swearing at them and calling them names just because they shared their bad experience.

Best Buy has quit a few complaints. Obviously this customer was not the only one that had bad customer service.

Commenter/Simon

Do you have comments on everything? Most of your comments are rude.

Get a life and a job. It may keep you off boards like this.

Patrick

hahaha wow, you're A *** ***. why should you be treated better than everyone just because you want to return something that was bought a while ago?

you do realize that Christmas was well over a month ago right? if you live over 100 miles away then that's your own fault for driving so far for something as lame and *** as an iPhone. you should have called ahead to see if they could do anything. good thing you'd never go back because if I worked at Best Buy, I wouldn't want to see an *** like you with the mind of a 10 year old.

and you're gonna write in the local newspaper about it..? I hope people tell you how *** you are.

The store needs to show discretion. If the product is unopened and still state of the art there should be nop problem with a store credit.

Yes Mr ManinBlack many stores allow returns after 30 days for store credits.

The policy is there to prevent theft by employees and customers. There should be a policy that is flexible.

#420041

Best buy allowed consumers to return items upto 30 days after it was purchased and during the xmas period they allowed from black friday till jan 25th to return You have had the product over 30 days it might as well be second hand now. Would you buy something that had been in someone else's home for over a month? I sure as *** wouldn't.

#419545

Jesus, if you can't return an item in 2 weeks, then just keep it.

the policy is there for a reason, if they make an exception for you, they need to make an exception for everyone to be fair. BestBuy doesn't need a customer like you.

Actually Best Buy said on TV they are giving consumers 45 days to return items but I found that is from the date of purchase. I'm sitting on a $500 mistake my husband made and he normally doesn't buy anything until Christmas Eve.

Too bad for Best Buy, we're good customers and have purchaseding all kitchen appliances and electronics for the last 20 years and we have rentals as well. No more business with them/.

so you admit to waiting over a month to return it and you blame the store for your laziness? no stores in this country will let you return an item after 30 days.

View more comments (8)

Best Buy in Edmonton, Alberta - Awful service

I'm writing to inform you of the experiences I have had a Best west Edmonton I have purchased many items there over the years my passed THREE purchase experiences have been less than satisfactory. Firstly I bought a Bell Turbo Stick, I was assured by the sales assistant that Bell "˜worked best' in my area and not to go with Rogers or Telus. On getting home and trying the connection we have found it to be very weak and drops out all the time, when I tried to return it only three days later I was told I had gone over the minimum usage and must contact Bell, when I asked to speak to manager I was told "˜He'll say the same thing' "you need to contact Bell, it's nothing to do with us'. I work at Lexus and when someone has an issue with a Lexus product I deal with it, I don't tell them to contact Lexus, I sold the car I deal with the problem. Secondly I bought a wireless router which I was told would strengthen the signal from the Bell internet stick and enable us to use more wireless connections, when I asked the sale assistant weather it was a good product he said he didn't know but "˜it's worth a try' I asked if there was anyone there to assist in my decision he answered "˜these things are new, so no one really knows about them' I purchased it, it didn't work and I returned it. Then last night I went BACK to the same store, purchased a TV and when I asked why the extra 18% the person from whom I had just purchased the item said, without even looking at me, "˜oh it's a levy, like water bottles, nothing you can do about it' I have since read that it is an environmental fee for recycling, I live in a rural area and pay higher taxes to recycle at our local waste management facility, where I have to take my own recyclables and garbage, does this "˜levy' still apply? It's not a great deal of money but am I paying twice?Three out of three times at the West Edmonton Best Buy Store been just diabolical, truly awful. This problem should be addressed. Stuart Bendall
Taquilla

Of course the environmental fee applies to you! What a maroon!

Best Buy Sales Manager
oct 2007 worst buy in brick,n.j.purchased lcd tv at full sale price.opened the box at home only to discover ripped/loose/used packaging and greasy fingerprints on screen,marred/scratched surfaces on cabinet,all pointing to an obviously used/returned tv. next day took...

It's 2011 and Best Buy is still going strong. Looks like all those sales you denied them is really starting to show tragic effects.

Best Buy Sales Manager
Terrible sales people in the TV department at Best Buy in Cary, NC! I went in to purchase an AV Receiver to use with my new TV I purchased a few weeks ago at another Best Buy. I was approached by a female associate and was asked if I had any questions. I asked a...

I have similar experience with sale people of best buy ,not only dont know nothing if not they dont attend you ,ahh and of course the manager always is in vacations.Compusa they are the same ***.I think that when you go to

work to one of this stores you receive a training or something .Aparrently more retard you are you are the best candidate to work in this stores.

Best Buy - Return Policy

I recently bought a IPAD for my wife. At the time of the purchase, I specifically asked the sales associate about the return policy. She replied "30 days from the day of the purchase". Since the purchase was for my wife, I wanted to make sure that she likes it and I have an option to return it in case there is a problem with it or in case my wife feels its not for her. Since the purchase, the device constantly locked up during operation. My wife was not satisfied with the purchase and wanted to return. I took it back today for the return (winin 30 days) and was denied any help. Now the manager told me that the return policy is 14 days and not 30 days. I was denied the service even after I informed the manager about my prior understanding of the 30 day return policy. Now i am stuck with a product I am not really happy with. I have decided not to do business with best buy in the future and cancel my credit card account unless best buy honors my request and returns the product. adnan wazir

Ma & Pa and 100% customer service = closed forever.

Megastores and 100% policy = thriving more than ever.

It's no mystery which store customers prefer. I wonder why...you figure it out.

A business cannot stay in business if there are no customers paying into it BECAUSE of said policies. There has to be a balance of policy and exception. There are two spectrums of the scale:

Ma & Pa = 100% customer service

Mega Stores = 100% policy

The failure to define a middle line is what gets corporations into trouble. While it's true that a company can lose too much money by bending over backwards for EVERY customer, a company can also lose too much money by following their policies too closely.

Rules -HAVE- to be bent in customer service. Put away your pride as an associate and put yourself on the customer's side. Throw the book only at your more irrational, ruthless, violent, abusive customers and do your best to provide a satisfying service to the other customers.

Most are simple enough they misread something, misunderstood something, or honestly didn't see it. It's happened to me a few times too. Outside of work we're all customers.

Customer Service didn't die, it just became precious (think diamond) in a world full of narcissism and legalism, so it's rarer.

yes best buy's policy's are on the back of the receipt or hanging high on the wall in small print.. I do work for BBY and brought that store's policy should be brought down and posted where they well be seen..

I was told something I already knew..

and training on policy needs to be done better with workers at BBY.. I for one if i'm not sure I track down the answer..

Maybe you should have read the terms and conditions for returning the item before you spend your precious money, not just demand whatever you think you are owed just because you bought something

I work for best buy. I personally thing the return policy is just. If you are willing to spend that much money on an item it would be in your own best interest to do the research and make sure you are purchasing something that you will use and enjoy.

With that being said the employee who misled you should have face some sort of consequence. No the return policy on any computer based item is not 30 days it is 14 days, if defective. Also, you will have to pay a restocking fee. Best buy does not make any profit on these items They are being sold for the customer not for best buy to make money.

The customer when making a purchase that size should find out all of the necessary return information BEFORE making the purchase and not just going by the word of the front counter person who doesn't personally sell computers. Next time ask the person who sold you the item, they will know the return policy on the item they are selling.

Just be smart with your purchase. and don't blame 16 year old kids for your poor judgement.

So, the days of "Customer Service" are over and now we only follow policies. I dont agree with that but lets just say (for an argument) this is how it is.

There is still an issue when a sales associate misminforms the customer on the policy. My mistake was that I did not read the back of the receipt once I had a face to face conversation with the live person. I wonder how many people do the same.

And when I returned, I was called a liar instead of accepting the agents fault. Now I do have a big problem with that....

awazir: Ma and pa shops used to bend over backwards to please customers, even if it included them taking a loss. Do you know what happened to them?

They went out of business for losing money instead of making it.

Now, it's either follow policy or too bad. Like it or not, it's just the way it is.

Simon: Its real simple.... It all boils down to the concept of "Customer Service".

Its not the matter of an Ipad anymore. If I own a business and a customer comes in and complains about a product which I sold him / her. I better make sure that the customer goes back satisfied or I lose that customer forever. $600 is not a big $$$ if you look at what Best Buy sells in 1 day.

My problem is with the impression I got the moment I showed up at the customer service desk with my receipt and the product.

There was no effort to help me from the start.

They tried everything to push me away.... and they succeeded.

You might have been happier buying an Android tablet instead.

It's real simple. You cannot take a brand new, high priced item, use it and return it.

What is Best Buy supposed to do with a used Ipad? Send it back to Apple? What are they supposed to do with it?

My car had 5,000 miles on it. I think I'll call the dealer and see if he will take it back because I'm not satisfied.

I agree with you Simon. However I think that consumers should be more proactive about their shopping experience with major retailers, especially when it comes to important clauses in return policies and protection plans.

Some stores like Best Buy in particular have a large placard that displays their warranty limitations and is there not only for decoration but for customer education as well. In relation to this incident it seems that Best Buy's position on the issue stems from a lack of clear definition of "PC, Notebook" group of electronics. A tech savvy individual would likely place the iPad in the "PC, Notebook" group given that it functions somewhat similar to its PC counterpart.

I'd go as far as to say that most shoppers would say that an iPad is similar in function to iPod Touch and would classify the device as member of the "everything else" group. I'm sure that if this issue was reported to top Best Buy execs then this clause would be re-written to include tablets; sanity permitting.

I don't think we should only return defective goods. Many retailers accept returns for no reasons.

Though we should not take advantage of this, it always happens that we buy something wrong and we need to return it.

What is more important should be the policy.

Customers should follow the policy. On the other hand, retailers should keep their promise (policy).

I also learned a lesson on BestBuy today. The receipt says PC and NoteBook and several other electronics could be returned within 14 days, all others could be returned within 30 days.

I bought my iPad 20 days before and now I wanted to return it, no matter what's the reason. What happened is that I was rejected. The manager said they have additional policy which says iPad follows 14 days rule. I argued that I only accept the policies they put on the receipt, because that actually is a formal agreement between BestBuy and me.

The guy just stand there and said "I can do nothing."

Should iPad follow notebook's policy? Maybe.

But if the receipt says clearly 14 days is the policy for iPad, I won't go to argue with them. When that manager said "this is the rule, you have to accept it." I felt so bad because I was at disadvantage and had to accept the "rule".

To nita: The fact that the user isn't smart enough to use the product doesn't mean it's defective. If the purchaser felt it was defective, the store would have to be able to reproduce the malfunction.

The OP either didn't mention it was defective or couldn't reproduce the error.

Since the item wouldn't have been considered defective, it would have been put back on the shelf. You should try checking the facts before you become a full blown retard...nevermind, it's too late.

Don't ask the kids in blue polo's about facts like return policies and protection plans. They only want you to spend money and go away and they'll state as many unreasonable "facts" as possible to get you to do so.

What kind of business strategy makes money in that they're store managers would honor a 30 day return policy and a refund at that? Go straight to the source and read their return and protection plan policies fully before purchasing a $600+ item. If you know what you're buying and all of the risks included with that purchase then if you run into an issue you know they can't argue against paper.

I find it a sort of challenge to trust a 16 year old acne ridden child's dissertation of a return policy. I find 30 days for a return policy(not an in store warranty) is absolutely ridiculous and unheard of in this day and age.

Thanks everyone for comments. I guess, it all boils down to the customer service (or lack thereof).

Best Buy pretty much called me a liar and I dont apprecaite that. There was no intent to understand my situation help me from the start. I know that I may be out of luck....bust buy will lose a customer forever... not a good business decision....

i am buying a $1500 projector setup for my media room.... guess where I wont be going.

To Simon. Returned items that are defective are not put back on the shelves for other consumers. Try to check on your facts before being judgmental.

The employee misinformed you, however the policy posted in store, on the back of the receipt and online states 14 days.

Best Buy is brutal, I purchased a TV, printer and a laptop there. The laptop went on sale for $400 less than I paid for it less 15 days after I bought it...

I went back, and asked if there was anything I could do, and they referred me to their manager, a 400lb sloth who said "Whatever, our policy is 14 days, not 15, looks like you're out of luck." I will NEVER buy anything from BestBuy again... This was the Ottawa (Nepean) store in Ontario...

Bad name for all Best Buys. WARNING: Best Buy also owns Future Shop, so I don't go there either.

I bet you wish they would have given you a full refund so they could put the item back on the shelf and someone else could pay full retail for your used Ipad. Nice.

View more comments (19)
Loss
On Black Friday 2010 I purchased a computer package special from Best Buy located in Gilbert Arizona store numbeer 1189. At checkout the register clerk suggested we purchase specially priced software for the computer, Microsoft Word 2010. I told the clerk that the...

As long as it's not open, then it is 100% refundable.

If it's open then you own it.

The manager may try to use the fact that Microsoft now uses product key cards instead of CDs in most cases. These ring up like phone cards.

Phone cards are not returnable.

But this is actually software, not a phone card, so it is returnable. As long as the back hasn't been opened.

Best Buy Sales Manager
This was the worst shopping experience ever! Keep away from this store, for your own good. I am not new to shopping at BestBuy, I have made purchases in there totaling well into thousands, yet this day I have to say is the last day I will go to the store and make a...

Ummm, arthd55, their return policy is 30 days. Why would they give your money back?

You had it for 7 months, time to deal with the manufacture for repairs.

Trained to belittle you, maybe. Retailers are tired of people trying to get things for free just cuz you cried.

This Guy is correct! Customers stopped being right a long time ago.

Review
#207019 Review #207019 is a subjective opinion of poster.