Prescott, Arizona
Resolved

Update by user Dec 26, 2015

It has been 14 business days! No refund or adjustment as promised by Best Buy's Executive Resolution Dept.

I guess I should have known better!!!! I will follow up with all email correspondence and names of the people that failed to keep their promises.

Update by user Dec 09, 2015

Best Buy Corporate stepped up to the plate and offered to refund the price difference between what the store charged us and the advertised sale price.

Update by user Nov 17, 2015

I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the AZ Attorney Generals Office (consumer complaints division)

Original review posted by user Nov 17, 2015

November 5th, 2015

My wife and son went to Best Buy to inquire about the IPhone 6 S+. They were in line for approx. 45 minutes and when it was finally their turn they asked to see/purchase a the IPhone 6 S+...the associate unlocked the cabinet looked in and said "we don't have any in stock" and then turned and walked away...no other help was offered. She just walked away leaving two customers standing there in limbo.

November 13th, 2015

All three of us went to Best Buy to help my son with the purchase of the IPhone 6 S+. The salesperson refused to honor the Flash Sale ($50) that was active at the time we visited. The salesperson also refused to take (on trade) my son's Samsung Galaxy Ring because it was not a contract phone. Nowhere in Best Buy's advertisement did it state you had to trade in a contract phone. Then the salesperson refused to honor Best Buy's Advertised price on the phone with a 2 year contract...he said it was because my son wasn't upgrading and because my son wasn't presently a Verizon customer. Best Buy also failed to mention that in the advertised price. Then the salesperson said not to worry he could sell us the phone with 2 yr. contract for $0 down which didn't happen either. We ended up paying $424.00 down and paying the balance through Verizon in monthly payments. But he would throw in a $200 in store gift card. I asked the salesperson if we could return the phone if we found a better deal or had buyer’s remorse and he said we had until Feb. 14th to return for a full refund. We later found out the salesperson lied about the return policy too. Best Buy manager told us that rule didn't apply to cell phones. The salesperson lied and deceived us to make the sale!

November 15th, 2015

I left negative feedback for the store and employees and later I received an email from the manager on duty. He asked us to give him a chance to make things right. We drove to Best Buy (again!) that's when we found out most of the information the sales people had given us was totally wrong. We feel like we were misled, lied to, defrauded, etc. just so Best Buy could make a sale. The manager thought he could smooth things over by simply giving us a $50.00 credit on the store gift card.

On November 16th, 2015 the store manager called and asked me to explain what had happened. I let him know that his employees took advantage of my son by overcharging him, failing to honor sale prices, failure to allow him to trade in his old phone, failure to honor the "$0" down contract, lying about the stores return policy, etc. Mr. Simpson admitted to me that sometimes Best Buy published misleading ads that even he and his employees don't understand. He offered no help other than an apology and an offer to return the phone which would leave my son with no phone since they ported his old # and closed his account. Basically Best Buy charged my son $850.00 + tax for the phone when it was actually on sale for $399.00 and you could also turn your old phone in for a $200 credit. There was no fine print preventing us from closing the deal as advertised but I assume there wasn't enough profit for them so they defrauded us out of approximately $500! I was able to go on Best Buy.Com and purchase the same phone for $399.00+ tax even though I am not an existing Verizon customer so we were lied to by all of the employees that we dealt with during this purchase. Best Buy claims they honor all online advertising/pricing in store too. I guess they only implement this policy when it suits them.

Both of the managers we dealt with admitted things were handled wrong but neither offered an acceptable fix for the situation. How can you admit what your employee did is wrong but offer no reasonable remedy?

I am accusing Best Buy of Deceptive Trade Practices, False Advertising, employing a person that uses deception to defraud, make false promises, misrepresentation, concealment, suppression or omission of any material fact with intent that others rely upon such concealment, suppression or omission, in connection with the sale or advertisement of any merchandise whether or not any person has in fact been misled, deceived or damaged thereby, is declared to be an unlawful practice.

The first manager we spoke to admitted we were misled (duped) but was unwilling to make things right, he just gave us a $50 credit to try and smooth things over. The second manager admitted their ads are misleading but also refused to remedy the situation. Both managers seem to hide behind Best Buy store policies so I guess they are just willing participants in the act of defrauding consumers out of their hard earned money. I have asked to speak with the district manager too but as of the filing of this complaint, he hasn't given us the time of day.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Refund the difference of the sale price and price they charged us..

Best Buy Pros: Online store.

Best Buy Cons: Management, Untrained employees, Deceptive advertising, Our local best buy.

Comments

I would also like to add that my son is not in foster care because my wife hurt him and I did not stop him. She is going through a hard time right now, her mother just recently died.

Her mother whom she lost contact with and got into a fight with. She was not invited to our wedding and my wife lost it and hurt our son, and a teacher saw the bruises and called social services, so none of this matters anymore.

I don't care about the refund. I just want my son back home and my family back to normal