Maple Grove, Minnesota
3.9K views

Best Buy knowingly sells this troubled brand, and when the LCD Main Board Goes out 3 months after the Warranty is up, and Costs 450 dollars to Repair, They offer You nothing but a hassle. "Why Didn't You buy an extended warranty?" My 27 " Insignia lasted barely over the one Year, now it is trash, at least I know why they started a recycling program.

I will never walk into thier store again.

Everything that is suppossed to be black on the TV turned a bright Green, very annoying, The repair tech said this is common, thats why when I went back to their Maple Grove Store to tell them about this camly, they offered 10 % off a new Samsung, which is over 600, then they want money for an extended service plan, Screw it I'm still tapped from the TV I bought a Year ago, and why would I give them any more Business?

Comments

TO START WITH, THIS IS A FORUM FOR THOSE INDIVIDUALS THAT FEEL THEY DIDN'T GET THEIR "MONEYS WORTH". THOSE OF YOU THAT COME ON HERE TO BE-LITTLE OTHERS, HAVE NO PLACE HERE.

AS FOR CRYING ABOUT SERVICE AND PRODUCT QUALITY, A CUSTOMER HAS THE RIGHT TO DEMAND A GOOD PRODUCT FOR THE MONEY SPENT. IN TODAYS MARKET, THEY ADVERTISE A GOOD PRODUCT AND SHOULD STAND BEHIND THE WARRANTY, NO MATTER IF IT'S THE VERY LAST DAY OF THE PERIOD. ( OR EVEN A MONTH PAST). TECHNOLOGY HAS ELEVATED ITSELF TO A POINT WHERE YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE TO BUY AN EXTENDED WARRANTY.

SO, YOU PEOPLE THAT CAN AFFORD EXTENDED WARRANTIES, LIVE IN YOUR WORLD AND STOP "CRAPPING" IN THIS ONE! BY THE WAY, I HAVE A NEW 46" INSIGNIA LCD (WITH THE EXT WAR). AND I AM [PLANNING TO PURCHASE A 32" LCD INSIGNIA IN THE NEAR FUTURE (WITHOUT THE EXT.

WAR.) AND I'LL STILL HOLD THE MANUFACTURER AND THE BEST BUY ORG.'S FEET TO THE FIRE IF IT "PUKES" OUT ON ME SOONER THAN I THINK IT SHOULD. SO, THERE!)

I'd yell at Target if my clothes cost a couple of thousand and wore out after a week. Yep, I think I would be a little angry.

If I bought the Chevy Cobalt and it didn't perform as expected, I'd complain to everyone. That's why this forum is here ---- to voice our displeasure with the products and with the company.

Hmmm, As much as I would LOVE to bash Best Buy, you get what you pay for.. Insignia products are the same as every other "Entry-Level" priced electronics'' Less features, less performance, lower price..Would you complain when your $8000 Chevy Cobalt doesn't perform as well as your $40,000 Corvette?

Then why scream at your dealer-it's Chevy's fault , not the dealer!

The dealer SOLD it to you , they didn't build it.. They can service it up to a point, but it is definately NOT going to last forever!

I guess I just don't understand the logic of "Things were SO much better in the olden days" theory... #1, the electronics were ***- they did nothing, cost a fortune (in % of income) and no one could operate them..yet we all think they lasted FOREVER (wrongo!!) We lost the last American made TV's 10 years ago because nobody would pay retail(3 times the going price )for it, so now we have foreign made electronics that cost less, are more technologically advanced, more energy efficient and are readily available anywhere.

I get pissed when people have unrealistic expectations and blame the retailers- I don't write angry comments to Target when my clothes wear out after "just a year"-why would you expect an appliance to last forever?

If you want coverage on your electonics, buy insurance-just like you do on your car. No one complains when your car breaks down after a few years, you get it fixed..it's expected-Jeez!!

My wife bought one of the "***" service plans on our 52" Insignia tv 3 years ago and I gave her "heck" for it!! Lo and behold, 2 months ago, the circuit board went "fritzy" after a wind storm knocked out our power and tv "died".

called Best Buy service # and they sent a guy out- sure enough, "Power Surge" killed my TV!! Guess what- they said "Come in and pick out a new one!

Got a new, better TV-no charge (!!!) AND bought the service plan AGAIN for the new TV...I will never bad mouth these plans again- saved us over $1300.. Stuff happens- cover your backside....they are useless UNLESS you need them!

the very satisfied and the very dissatisfied ones will be wanting to tell of their experiences. on pissedconsumer.com i wouldn't expect to find too many very satisified ones wanting to tell about their wonderful time at best buy - talk about *** - why would someone who loves best buy hang out on pissedconsumer.com?

i imagine this site is for those who feel they haven't been treated right or who believe the product they purchased wasn't what they expected. they come here to vent and to let others know how they feel.

they might not all be right but it's how they "see" it. for those who can't handle "***", maybe it is time to consider another forum or maybe a career at best buy.

"Sure" is pretty close to right. You may not hear from every customer who has a problem with a product or service, but you likely will hear MUCH LESS from customers who have gotten the service they expected.

Sites like this one are just loaded with people who have no idea how the real world works, and want you to listen to them whine about it. :cry

These poor souls honestly believe that their poor judgement and failure to pay attention actually entitles them to anything from free upgrades to free computers. Most of the time they can't tell you a model number or quote a simple time line. Everyone's just supposed to take their word for it! RIGHT!

Sorry, but I have a low threshold for stupidity, and I'll call them on it every time...and I don't care who they're complaining about! If you can't communicate effectively, then you shouldn't be allowed to purchase a computer - let alone be ON the Internet.

Just my $0.02...

"sure" is right. the satisfied ones don't come on here to vent.

maybe they have their own forum for the satisfied ones. but some on this board would have us believe that we all are whiners and i think that is not the case.

sure you see more complaints, that is because the satisfied people usually don't post. for every complaint, there are probably 10 more people who never come on here to post, because they have no reason to come here to complain.

sorry you are having problems, but not everyone is. (nor is it most people.) still good luck resolving things guys.

don't get their service plan....it's a waste of your money. too many complain about the service plan and i don't think all of them are liars. if it breaks, get it fixed by a service copany authorized to work on it.

Hey Best buy ***, you're trying too hard to impress everyone what an *** you are.

You DO realize that Best Buy's Insignia brand is so much trouble that they offer a two year warranty on it instead of the one year you get from Sony, Visio, Panasonic, Sharp, and about a dozen other brands, right?

So, you're not really an *** for not buying an extended warranty...you're just an ***.

Why don't you ask the writers at Consumer Reports why THEY think Insignia TVs are so good? Oh, I get it...they're *** too.

Personally, I don't care if you buy an extended warranty on a TV or not. It's totally up to you and what you can afford. I paid $150 for one on my Sony...lasted 4 years with no service issues, whatsoever. I renewed the policy for another three years - which cost me $100 more than the first four years - but, I could afford the warranty VS a new TV at the time.

Two years later my TV went down, and I spent 44 DAYS without my main set while they sorted it all out.

Then one day, I had a message om my machine to come down and pick out a new TV! Oh, what a major pain! The Sony I had was no longer being produced, so they had to put me into the next best TV they had, that most closely matched my old set: a 55" Mitsu HDTV. My old set was a 53" non-HD set! The Mitsubishi was $800 less than what I paid for my Sony! DAMMIT! You mean my old TV lost more than half of it's value in six years? :grin

You think I was upset about that? *** NO! I paid a delivery charge ONLY to get my TV replaced with better technology!

Yes, I bought a warranty on it!

You can read just about anything you want on the internet about this company or that company. Most sites (like this one) don't require checking the facts and people can pretty much *** and complain about whatever they want...

Sorry, but I'd like to think I'm just a bit smarter than you are for not falling for all that ***. Circuit City *** and they ARE gone! If Best Buy was such a bad company, you really think they'd still be around and growing into an international company?

Whatever, dude.

To all of you *** who posted here that thinks were idiots for not buying an extended warranty, you should read all the posts, best buy doesnt honor there warrantys either, they are a dirty company, who only cares about profit, not their customers who keep them in business.

Try googleing "bestbuy" you will find hours of reading about this terrible company. your all *** defending bb

Insignia is ***, dynex is ***, vizio is mildly ***. If you did some research on this magical internet thing you like to complain on you would find out these things.

Class action lawsuit...

jees are you kidding me? The whole reason best buy offers these less than quality products are so people who can't afford to dish out loads of money on a nice tv will buy a cheap one and get the service plan to cover it otherwise its gonna crash in just over a year guaranteed.

Electronics are not made like they used to be... It's an unforturnate fact.

Insignia is not manufactured by Best Buy. LG, Toshiba, westinghouse... these are a few of the manufacturers that make the insignia brand... Go complain to them.

If your Ford truck breaks, are you going to complain to the dealer? Well, YOU probably would, because you're an ***.

So as is stated prior. Nothing in this world is going to last.

including our lives. That is why we purchase insurance for COVERAGE. If you notice, there isn't one thing in this world that does not offer some type of coverage on it. Just because you purchased a product at a retail store don't hassle the store that sells it.

The store does not test every product before you leave out of the store.

contact the manufacturer and discuss your concern about the product you purchased with their name on it. The additional warranty you purchase at a store could also be purchased with the manufacturer for a larger amount of money.

You actually must be too young to remember when things were built to last.

Go google Caveat Emptor and read up on how it was once the way business was run before consumer protection was put into place.

Logic should not tell you that it's OK for an $800 electronic device to fail within 24 months, and we as consumers should not need to pay an extra 50% premium just in case it fails. It's the sheep like you that perpetuate the continuing screw jobs by companies who make everything as cheaply as possible to maximize profit rather than build brand/customer loyalty.

You are the kindling of the fire that is engulfing our modern-day Rome.``

You wrote:

0. Written by I've got logic unlike some peo, on 30-03-2009 22:54

So, you didn't buy the service plan when offered, and when something went wrong with your TV after the Insignia warranty expired, you decided you deserved something for nothing? Just because you bought a product from Best Buy you think you deserve free service or replacement for the life of the product? Must be nice living in fantasy land!

So did anyone ever move forward on a class action lawsuit against them yet? Far too many people are getting screwed, here, and it's time to make some noise

kayla

hey i just bought a tv from best buy and didnt get the warranty yet!! i was looking it up to see if i should can any give any advise ?.... is it worth getting?

my insignia is doing the exact thing 'terry cummings' described. i was really hoping it was a problem with our dish satellite.

geez. *** tv.

We purchased a new 42" Insignia NS-L42Q-10A on August 4, 2009 (without the optional service plan)and have the following intermittent problem. About twice a day the volume suddenly goes full blast for about 5 to 10 seconds, the screen turns black, the sound returns to normal then the picture comes back on.

The entire ordeal lasts about 15 seconds. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I talked to best Buy today and they recommend that we return it before the 30 days are up and they would replace it. If I had purchased the service plan they would have sent someone to the house

Best Buy Reviews