Maple Grove, Minnesota
3.9K views

Best Buy knowingly sells this troubled brand, and when the LCD Main Board Goes out 3 months after the Warranty is up, and Costs 450 dollars to Repair, They offer You nothing but a hassle. "Why Didn't You buy an extended warranty?" My 27 " Insignia lasted barely over the one Year, now it is trash, at least I know why they started a recycling program.

I will never walk into thier store again.

Everything that is suppossed to be black on the TV turned a bright Green, very annoying, The repair tech said this is common, thats why when I went back to their Maple Grove Store to tell them about this camly, they offered 10 % off a new Samsung, which is over 600, then they want money for an extended service plan, Screw it I'm still tapped from the TV I bought a Year ago, and why would I give them any more Business?

Comments

Bought 42 inch plama from Bestbuy for $399.00 This for thebedroom and the picture is much better than expected. Did purchase extended 4 yr warranty.

This is fourth Insignia procust owned.

I have had no problems with any of them, and will continue to purchase when need arises.. :)

I bought two Insignia T.V's about one year ago and they are both horrible. When it comes to the sound the sound goes in and out as it randomly, the speaker sound busted and you can hear the sound effect lound but the actual words people are saying is too low.

The color is also terrible the red jumps on the screen. What a waste of money.

I bough on black friday a 42" Insignia at Best buy 1 week later the tv doesn't work, I call costumer support at Insignia they just told me to returned to Best Buy. No idea what happens

I brought 42in Insignia about 3 years ago, while watching the screen goes blank I have to turn off and back on. After 6 mos.

of this, the screen turns solid green, i have to turn off and back on.

I hate to think what the next step is. Doesn't sound good after reading this website.

I've had my Insignia TV from Best Buy for almost 2 years and no problems. Plus to be safe I got the extended warranty. Yes it cost $70 but if something on it get defective it is till under warranty.

#208556

The tuner in the 19" ns-22e450a11 TV sucks. If you use an antenna.

The only way to add new channels is to use the auto program feature. All previously stored channels and settings are erased each time you run a scan. A scan takes 25 to 30 min.

If you have an antenna with a rotor, You have to run a new scan each time you move the antenna in a new direction. All Insignia TV's have this issue.

The sales people at Best Buy are clueless. They were unable to answer any of my questions. I asked them where are all the remotes for the TV's so I can figure it out for myself. The response was they keep all the remotes and manual's for the TV's locked up in the back room and they could not bring them out.

I wound up returning this TV. Last time I buy anything from Best Buy.

#206393

It seems their WEB site is as bad as their TVs, went there to check Support Documents, and I get 503 Server not available .. what a joke

#206286

I got a 50inch insignia and it gets screen burn after about five minutes and the pixls turn bright red in that area if the picture changes too quickly. Had I known that it was made by best buy I would never have gotten it but I suppose the lower price is what they get you with. -.- ..l.;

Purchased an Insignia brand TV 4 years ago ...the picture tube is shot. Still have a Sony and NEC from 20 years ago that are still going strong.

Best Buy is "Worst Buy"...and their salespeople are like the perverbial "used car salesmen". Stay away!

My insignia is a gonner after only 4 months from best buys. The antenna they sold me never worked either. I'm not well so getting around is hard and can't deal with it.

insignia is not made by LG. it's made by various manufacturers.

the extended warranty covers more than manugacturer defects..

the seller is not responsible for the product, the manufacturer is. if you buy cheap, expect to get what you pay for, and don't blame anyone else.

Insignia is made by lg.lg was goldstar it was junk then and junk know save your money and buy a sony throw that junk in garbage can

so - because something is not as expensive as something else - it's OK if it doesn't perform?

The Cobalt should still RUN!

Just because someone doesn't want to pay ridiculous prices for something does not mean they shouldn't get what they are promised.

i AM HAVING THE SAME BAD PROBLEMS WITH THIS TV. I TURN IT ON, AND ONLY THE SOUND IS HEARD.

AFTER 15 - 20 MINUTES THE PICTURE SHOWS UP.

LAST NIGHT I WENT TO SLEEP BEFORE THE PICTURE CAME ON, AND BEHOLD, THERE IS STILL NO PICTURE. I GUESS YOU DON'T GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR?

Don't ever buy from Best Buy. Bought an Insignia 42" TV, and it *** out after only 18 months.

Insignia or Best Buy wouldn't do a thing for me since I didn't buy an extended warranty. Never again will I step my foot in the store!

Yes, each time I call insignia, they tell me that "Paul Rojas" will call me back; in fact, they promise. It's been several weeks now.

While I call back repeatedly to speak with him about my BBY part order, he doesn't call me back. they give me NO other contact info...they just make me wait on hold (especially a guy named Max) for hours at a time. Right after they tell you, "I'm staying on the line with you. I'm not putting you on hold." What a joke!

Do NOT order BBY or Insignia EVER.

And if you do: DON'T expect customer service. One more thing: If you ever do...I told you so.

I bought a 32" Insignia several years ago (no Ext War). It worked fine, really good in fact, until recently when the blue light failed to light up when the set was turned on and it flickers with no sound for an increasing amount of time before it stabilizes.

Fortunately, I got the $750 price down to $600 when BB put the set on special within 30 days. At this point it will probably cost me less to replace the POS than it would to repair it. I still have a perfectly running Sony 27" Trinitron CRT that's got to be 25 years old.

Never had the cover off...not even just to look inside! I'll stick with Sony next time and I'll get it from an internet retailer that offers no tax and no shipping!!

I am going to Best Buy to get a 32" LCD tv. It will either be a Sony,Samsung or a Panasonic and I will be buying the extended warranty just in case. From my research I am steering clear of Vizio and Insignia brands.

I have had an Insignia 26" since May 2007. It's been almost three years now and I have never had ONE single problem with it.

The image is cristal clear, not ONE dead pixel and even though the remote has fallen into the ground like a thousand times still works great and the lit closes by itself, which is more than I can say for the remote of my Sony brand DVD player. You guys just have bad luck. I've recommended this brand to all my friends and some of them have listened.

None of them have ever complained about their Insignia purchase. The brand is great and I hope there would be more non-expensive and great quality brands like it.

#120648

I bought an Insignia 30" flat tube set (they don't make them any more, now everything is LCD or Plasma) about 5 years ago as a gift for my father. The thing didn't work out of the box so I brought it back to the store.

4 hours later after waiting in about three separate lines I finally got it replaced. That set had a problem after about 2 years of use. Brought it to a local TV repairman, he couldn't figure out what was wrong.

Stay away from Insignia. Or better yet stay away from Best Buy and their dumb blue shirts all together.

Best Buy Reviews