Maple Grove, Minnesota
3.9K views

Best Buy knowingly sells this troubled brand, and when the LCD Main Board Goes out 3 months after the Warranty is up, and Costs 450 dollars to Repair, They offer You nothing but a hassle. "Why Didn't You buy an extended warranty?" My 27 " Insignia lasted barely over the one Year, now it is trash, at least I know why they started a recycling program.

I will never walk into thier store again.

Everything that is suppossed to be black on the TV turned a bright Green, very annoying, The repair tech said this is common, thats why when I went back to their Maple Grove Store to tell them about this camly, they offered 10 % off a new Samsung, which is over 600, then they want money for an extended service plan, Screw it I'm still tapped from the TV I bought a Year ago, and why would I give them any more Business?

Comments

One of the Worst piece of crapbi ever bought

I bought an insignia it lasted 6 months and i would never buy another one nothing but a piece of junk

I guess you get what you pay for. I purchased the TV/DVD Combo because of the value.

Unfortunately the sound does not work unless I run it through an external source. I will never purchase this brand again.

Purchased same brand about 3 years ago from BB. Turned tv on one morning, turned off went to work came back home, turned tv on, can hear everything, can't see anything, screen is totally black.

I would think a television should last more than three years. But considering the longevity of some that have posted, maybe I should feel lucky that it lasted that long?

Bought a 42" lcd and after less than a year started having problems with the screen flickering black and then i completely lose picture and sound. After over a month and several technician calls and visits, a replaced main board, it's still not working right. Don't buy Insignia, it's ***!

:( My Mom came to visit and left this Insignia 42 inch to me as a gift. Worst TV ever.

The remote control does not work. Really hard to switch from TV to aux.

It's unbelievable that a store like Best Buy would sell a piece of junk

like this. I will never buy anything from that store.

Consumer gets robbed again!

THE PICTURE PIXELATES AND THE VOLUME TURNS WIDE OPEN.GEEK SQUAD REPLACED THE MAIN BOARD AND THE VOLUME CONTROL BOARD.THE PROBLEM WAS BACK THE NEXT DAY.THE GEEK PERSON SAID THE PRODUCT WAS MADE IN CHINA AND WAS NO GOOD.WHAT ELSE NEEDS TO BE SAID?

I got a insigna 42 insigna flat screen i have had it for about almost a year tv keeps going to black screen geek squad have been here 3 times to fix it now the finallly agreed to give me a new screen they said it was the screen we will see im pissed had company for thanks giving tv acted horrible i have 4 year warranty it look like im going to need it this tv sucks please dont buy this brand. :cry

I bought a 50 Inch Insignia from best buy and after 2 months after the factory was over the TV had a fried Y Board. Debating on whether or not to fix it considering that they will charge me $300 to fix it

Bestbuys insignia vs have the exact same internal hardware as lg as a matter a fact it is lg and you receive a longer manufacturers warranty from bestbuy than you would actually purchasing an lg

I've had my Insignia 55 inch LCD for almost a year now and so far it's been fine. Me and my girlfriend watch movies and play xbox on it ALL DAY so a year for us is probably 3 years of normal use. Maybe I was just lucky and got a good one.

My husband purchased insignia 24" tv for spare bedroom 4 days ago...it worked great for the first two days and by the third day it had a horizontal line running across the tv screen. Please save your money and go to Target were there is no hassle about a return or restocking fee!

I purchased an Insignia 46" LCD 1080p 120Hz flat panel TV in February 2010. I decided to go with Insignia because of the 2 year warranty.

I'm glad it has the warranty because it made it slightly over a year before it started having problems with the power button on the side of the TV. I've had the geek squad send a repair person out 4 different times and they took my TV to the shop twice for 4 weeks and it still has the same problem. I've asked them to replace the TV but they said as long as its fixable they won't. 4 repairs for the same problem doesn't sound fixable.

I'm worried I'll be screwed when my two years is up. Definitely should have gone with a Sony, Sharp, or Samsung.

It also not a very good TV for gaming.

There is a terrible lag on both my Wii and PS2. I had to upgrade my cables which helped but still not great.

Avoid this brand.

Bought a 42" Insignia LCD TV for my daughter who lives in the Carribean. Had to pay $250 to have it shipped and taxes in her home country.

The TV lasted 2 days before the video card or control card went out. I later visited a friend who had an identical TV with a black line down the center of the picture that didn;t go away. I was encouraged by the salesperson to purchase the Insignia brand who told me it had LG and

Toshiba parts.

Now my daughter has a TV that doesn't work and I have no way to return it. I've been a Best Buy customer for years but I doubt if I'll purchase anything else from Best Buy

Thanks was getting ready to buy a 55 came home and read the reviews and decided against this brand. Good looking ouy

using my aunties 52 inch LCD tv and it absolutely blows. I tried using it for my xbox, and there is terrible input lag, if you dont know what input lag is i recommend looking it up.

As for my fellow gamers, DO NOT BUY THIS BRAND OF TV. Nuff Said

I bought an Insignia 42 inch from Best Buy and one month later it has the CNN Logo permanently burnt intothe screen. CNN has a LARGE logo and when my kids watch catoons it says 'CNN' on the sreen.

This happens on all 3 hundred channels plus the logo of the channel I am watching.

Looked in their manual to see if I was covered for repar.

NO coverage for burn-in. I could not read this manual to see this until I got it home and out of the box!

I must be ***, this is the second time I have had HUGE problems with Best Buy!

Bought a 19" Insignia for my kids birthday. Turned it on and it already had a burnt in green dot in the center of it.

Took it back and exchanged it for a 22" Insignia 1080p and bought the extended warranty. Turned that one on and guess what a burnt in red dot on that one. Apparently there is no escaping the burnt in pixels on this *** brand.

I'm actually pretty upset that the people at the store knowingly sold me something that is ***. Thats it for me with this garbage brand.

Bought my crapy Insigna 2 years ago..the volume turns all the way up on its own. Has anyone else had this issue and if so how did you get it fixed....

Ibought my 32inch about four years ago.But i also paid for an warranty.But it started on the day of purchase.it ran the same time as the factory warranty.so they expired at the same time.So it was a waste of money.

Best Buy Reviews