Product: Best Buy Replacement Clear all filters (25 of 25 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

I hate best buy!

Purchased refrigerator with extended warranty. Contract has provision for replacement after 3 service calls. Since purchasing we have had to have the unit repaired more than a half dozen times. This time when we scheduled a service call after the customer service agent insisted that we had to prove that the service calls had happened, a supervisor named Nathan got on the phone and assured us that a technician would come out today (3/16/2011) and confirm that the unit was broken and Best Buy would replace the unit at fair market value. The appt. was scheduled for 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. The technican called this morning confirming a repair (not replacement) appt. for 2-4. We have been unable to resolve this issue with Best Buy. They acknowledge that there have been many service calls but insist that they do not have to replace the unit. Other than just the inconvenience of not having a working refrigerator with 9 people living here, we have incurred hundreds of dollars in spoiled food. And please visit the site http://apps.ihatebestbuy.com/blog
Alan C

Your plan's "no lemon" policy does not apply to any mfr service. that's why you're screwed with multiple service calls. You were had.

Depending on when you purchased the policy, certain plans covered food spoilage. 200$ I believe.

I would call the geek squad number and speak to them. They should stand by the "if we can't fix we'll replace" motto.

Beware Best Buy Electronic Warranties

I pushed a Gateway laptop from Best Buy in 2007 and bought a extended warranty for 3 years. The laptop kept having charge problems and they replaced the mother board 6 times in before giving me a refurbished replacement laptop. I would always call the number of the bottom of my old laptop whenever there was a problem. When I got my replacement laptop and wanted to know when my warranty end there was no number on the bottom. So, I had to get the phone number directly from the Gateway website. I called them and they said they had no records of my original laptop. They only information they had was when I registered my replacement on their website. Once they found my warranty I spoke to a Supervisor to see why Gateway didn't have my records. He told me that this isn't the first time this had happened with BestBuy. Apparently, the number on my old laptop was for a company Best Buy owns to handle their warranties but its not the actual electronic manufacturer. They even introduced themselves as Gateway when I would call so I never thought otherwise. Once I got my replacement laptop it was shipped from the actual Gateway so there that was why there was no number to call on the bottom. So, never buy extended warranties from Best Buy. Only buy they directly from the actual company's website.

What I'm confused about is how you had the motherboard replaced 6 times. Per the Best Buy service plan, on the 4th qualified repair, Best Buy will replace the product with a comparable one, and it will not be a refurbished one.

I have also never known Best Buy to put a number on the bottom of the computer that you need to call. Was it for Geek Squad? Why did you not just bring it into a store whenever you had a problem with it? And when you called, they answered the phone as Gateway?

It seems to me that number on the bottom of the computer was for Gateway, and that's why they answered the phone as Gateway, as well as why they fixed it 6 times instead of only 4 before replacing it, and gave you a refurbished one instead of a new one. None of that sounds like anything that has to do with Best Buy.

No offense, but I think you bought the service plan on your computer, but did not actually ever use it. Sounds like everything you did was through Gateway, not Best Buy.

Tom

So, let me get this straight; you purchased a laptop at Best Buy in 2007 with a PSP, got service every time, and even got it replaced because of the warranty you were sold, and now you're telling people NOT to buy them because they did exactly what they promised? :x

Best Buy Replacement

Best Buy Service Plan SCAM!!!!!

I was told that if my camcorder was not able to be fixed that i would get a replacement item of equal or better features OR if for whatever reason i am not happy with the replacement product I can get a store credit for the original purchase price. Now that my camcorder cannot be fixed and is no longer being made and I am not happy with the replacement model....Best Buy is only offering me a credit for the price of the item they want to replace it with...which is about $180 LESS....go figure. The big issue is that when i contacted several other Best Buy stores they all stated that if FOR WHATEVER REASON THE CUSTOMER IS NOT SATISFIED WITH THE REPLACEMENT....the customer can get a store credit for the original purchase price of the broken item. This is a total scam as they are telling the customer 1 thing but when it comes time to use the service plan they say another.
Alan C

Here's the clause:

"If we determine in our sole discretion that your

product cannot be repaired, we will replace it

with a product of like kind and quality that is

of comparable performance or reimburse you

for replacement of the product with a voucher

or gift card, at our discretion, equal to the fair

market value of the product, as determined by

us, not to exceed the original purchase price of

your product, including taxes."

Problem is, you'll never get the correct answer from a "sales" associate. They do NOT understand the terms either and ARE NOT legally considered experts on this topic.

"Fair market value" = depreciated value.

Lesson learned. EVERY single service plan is not worth the paper it is written on.

Stay clear of BBY and shop at warehouse clubs or Amazon. Peace of mind and no nonsense.

Tom

Read your contract, it's all there in black and white. And if all it takes is a phone call to prove otherwise, get in touch with your states Atty General office. :x

you get a comparable model... technology changes, and unfortunately your $200 6 megapixel camera from 2007 is probably worth about $90 today, so you get $90 for a similar product... pretty easy to understand if you ask me

I've never read in my warranty about that, but I have been offered store credit towards a better product or something else. I would say try a different store

View more comments (3)
Loss

Best Buy in Naples, Florida - Sold bogus warranty with lies on replacement and wouldn't comply

We bought my grandson an apple I-pod for his birthday about a year and a half ago. The guy who helped us really pushed for an extended warranty. He told us if anything at all happened to the I-pod it would be fixed without question, even if it gets smashed to pieces. Then he said if they can't fix it, it would be replaced, and if the same kind was not available we would be given an upgrade I-pod. Three hundred dollars for the I-pod and sixty dollars for the warranty, which we really could not afford at the time. The pod was recently damaged by a piece of the earbud plug stuck in the pod. We took it back to best buy, they said fine, gave us a receipt marked "no charge" and said they would call when it was repaired. One month later we called them and they said it wasn't covered. after a lot of time talking and the promise of a manager to call, but never did, we called corporate. We got shoved around for over an hour and then was told sorry charlie! My son picked the broken pod up at best buy and left my best buy card on the counter cut in pieces. I will never shop at a place again that practices false advertising and encourages employees to lie about warranties to receive a bonus for themselves!!!!!!!

PHUC U MOTHER PHUCER! BEST BUY PHUCING RIPS PEOPLE OFF WITH THOSE WARRANTIES ALL THE PHUCING TIME!

ITS A LIE A LIE A LIE! I WAS TOLD IF I RAN MY MOTHER PHUECER OVER THEY WOULD REPLACE.

THEN DIDNT. EAT ***

Best Buy employees don't receive bonuses for anything they sell. They are not on commission. All the information about your service or replacement plan is listed in the brochure that you are given when you make the purchase.

Loss

Best Buy in Stonewall, Mississippi - I bought a new compaq laptop, discovered it is refurbished

I purchased a new compaq laptop. Best Buy replaced it the next day because it had a bad hard drive. I paid 940.51 for the unit with extended warranty etc. The replacement has not worked since i brought it home. It was in a sealed box but Compaq has now informed me that it is at least a 6 year old refurbished unit. Needles to say Best Buy has offered no solution. I guess an attorney is my next stop along with an article in the local newspaper called the people speak and a call to the Better Business Bureau maybe that will get some attention.
#20250

i laughed for a little...

maybe you should stop smoking or drinking...

no store keeps electronics for..... past 3-6 months.... with todays technology you buy a car next day there's a better one

4ever E

I do want to correct the age thing, It was meant to say the hardeware and programs!!!!!!!!!!!! and the programs due to Best Buy putting optimization, anti-virus, and spyware to fix the user who had the computer before me that they were trying to fix whatever happened to it with.

Update, Compaq sent package to send in and repair (replace) what can't be fixed even by the GEEK SQUAD! or just send me a New computer that has not been sold messed up , refurb. or should I say optmizedand resold!

:( :( to Best Buy . :) :grin for Compaq for standing behind their product.

The longest a computer will be at any Best Buy is about 6 months. They return all the extras back to the manufacture. I just have to laugh because that's total BS.

Its not 6yrs old youre full of *** dude. Even if it was wouldnt its design look old then youre just plain retarded :roll

View more comments (4)