Product: Best Buy Replacement Clear all filters (25 of 25 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:
I bought a microwave from bestbuy.com. it came damaged. i called best buy immediately and was told a return shipping label would be sent to me. the next day I called again. i was told the same thing. 10 days later still no label and when I called again i was first...

I am not sure if your issue is still ongoing, but have you thought about taking the microwave in store to do the return? Your local store should be able to take care of that. I would do it quickly though, because if you go outside of your 30 day return period Best Buy does have the right to refuse the return.

Best Buy in Randolph, Massachusetts - Not sending a return shipping label

I ordered a replacement battery for my HP Pavilion Laptop Computer. When it came in it was the wrong battery. I called that day and a representative told me that a return shipping label (postage paid) would be sent to me in a couple of days. A couple of days later, no label. I called again. Again I was told I would receive it in a couple of days. I called today. They said a return shipping label would be emailed to me right away. This afternoon still no label. Called again. Now they tell me I'll get it tomorrow. I shouldn't have to wait a week for a return shipping label!!!

Best Buy extended warranity

I bought a LG dishwasher,stainless steal tub,I bought a five year warranity,they said if they had to come out and repair it 3 times,they would replace my dishwasher with a new exact model.Well after the 5th time,I ask about their replacement promise,well they said it had to be for 3 different things ! The transmission went out twice !! The dishwasher did not get much use,because I'm a 70 year old widow.One repairman even told me they sold me a lemon.I will never buy from Best Buy again.Don't be fooled.

The lady is correct, she deserves a replacement. It doesn't matter if it's the same repair or not.

The only reason I can think of not honoring it would be if they came out on the same repair ticket more than once.

In any event, contact Best Buy Customer care at 1-888-237-8289. Make sure they understand you DON'T want to be flipped over to the service line, but speak to someone in CUSTOMER CARE about this issue.

READ YOUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS!!!! Cant stress how ***!ng *** you sound and obviously its a lemon NOW!!!!

Patrick

well.. at leas they fixed it.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure their lemon policy is three repairs for the same thing.

View more comments (3)

BEST BUY SUCKS, WONT HONOR INSURANCE POLICY THEY SOLICITED AT CHECKOUT

Purchased an insurance policy that was touted to cover anything that happens to a game cartridge..... When queried about the possibility of loss since it was for a 6 yr old they assured me that the insurance was for any occurrence of loss or damage........ 90 days later the game was stolen and Best Buy wont cover the loss with replacement as they claimed......I will never buy another item from them... If you cant use the insurance for the specified attributes stressed by their sales people then they are operating a bait and switch operation and the government should investigate the theft that is taking place...... Best Buy should be renamed Not The Best Buy......

Even though Best Buy employees are trained to say whatever it takes to sell their worthless warranties, anyone with common sense should know that no warranty is going to cover loss of the item. Otherwise I would buy an item and keep going back saying I lost it until I have 100 of them. Use your head and stop listening to pushy salesmen.

Best Buy will not replace 4 day old defective LCD TV

My son bought a Dynex 24" LCD on black friday. He brought it home, plugged it in and a vertical red line appeared on the right side of the screen. We re-set the factory settings no change. My son then calls the closest Best Buy and they tell him they have a unit in stock for replacement. Well guess what? When we get to the store, no they don't have a replacement (they can't find the unit the computer system tells them is there). Worse yet no store anywhere in the district had a replacement nor were any expected to be back ordered. So the stink squad then tells us that we can send it in but if the repairs cost more than the price my son paid $79.99 then they would junk it and there would be no replacement. In talking to tech folks I trust they believe the screen is defective and the replacement cost would be more than the price my son paid. So my son has a 5 day old defective TV and Best Buy basically will not replace it!!!!!! And to add to the misery the amount they will credit him will not cover any replacement they have today.
leah h

thrty day return policy... oh and actually extended return policy until january 24th if purchased after 11/22?

i believe was the date... they have to give you your money back if they dont have the tv in stock. as for black friday deals there are only so many of those tvs alotted to each store..

once gone, they are done. take a refund.

Alan C

Best Buy has a legal obligation to replace the defective product within the stated return policy period. Anything less is fraud.

Contact your State Attorney General and your local BBB.

BTW, Dynex is the BBY house brand.

They get unlimited credit for these. Just poor store management.

To Anon: Since you are trying the non-evil side of BB, we tried our cool on that return visit. We were told in no un-certain terms that there was no supply in any store in Atlanta and nothing in the DC, with no plans to restock the unit.

So, waiting for inventory was not going to work. I am in the computer business and have dealt with major LCD suppliers in the past. I know by experience there are defects, but again if this had happened 6 months out I would have a different perspective, 4 days out then my perspective is replace it.

Sadly your comments came late to the party.

You just announced your quarterly earnings and gee guess what they were down again. Poor customer service will always give the results you don't want as a big box retailer.

I'm sure they would have been more than willing to accept your extra cash at the register on BF, if you'd decided to purchase the protection plan, though. :roll

Defective TVs are not uncommon, but sometimes it takes a better employee to stand up for the customer, at times like these. Sadly, as you have no doubt witnessed by "Manager At Best Buy" and his concern for your continued business, customer satisfaction plays a poor second when it comes to deep cost reductions on Black Friday sales items.

That not withstanding, every item has an expressed manufacturer's warranty, and a certain timeframe and circumstances under which that warranty is in force. You'll notice there is no asterisk informing you that Black Friday is not included...although, some people would have you think that.

The best thing to do, is simply wait until a time (within those 30 days of purchase) when that unit is, once again, back in stock. At this point, and problems you might have can be addressed at the customer service counter, with only some slight engagement from the customer care people, if that becomes necessary. But, even if it comes to that, chances are VERY GOOD that your exchange will be accepted that day. All you have to do is keep your cool, and explain you did not get what you bargained for...it all works out!

NICEONE2150

simon replies to most of best buy complaints. He works for best buy. check it out

Simon: I get specials. But that is no excuse for something that is 4 days old to not be replaced.

Would you buy any item at a special price and be happy if it is defective that you the consumer have to go through the process of getting your money back.

Saying it's black friday is not an excuse if you are a retail organization that values customer service.

The sad part is that best buy will go the way of circuit city. You reap what you sow.

That is the risk you run on Black Friday. If you happen to get a doorbuster and it is defective, you will only receive a refund, not a replacement.

Best Buy, Target, Sears, Wal-Mart, Toys-R-Us and just about any other store I can think of do it the same way.

Many people wait until Black Friday to purchase items at an affordable price. Your sentiment helps explain why some refer to the store as "Worst Buy." It seems only fair to offer a comparable replacement since the CUSTOMER probably expended considerable effort to acquire it at the price paid.

The inefficiency of the computer system is no excuse.

BB had plenty of time to prepare. This type of experience reflects why many consumers have migrated to online shopping for their electronic purchases.

To So sad and Manager at Best Buy. No wonder you are losing market share if your attitude is deal with it.

As a consumer I assume you have units to replace regardless of whether it's black friday or the middle of august. Your lack of customer service reflects in your poor attitude. You obviously don't get it, with your *** attitude we probably will get the refund and spend the money somewhere else. So best buy then loses.

Is that your business model?

You treat your customers shoddy they go somewhere else. Big box stores do not rule the market anymore.

You bought an item on the busiest day of the year. Most Black Friday items sold by companies are one offs they don't plan on selling again. get a refund and get over it.

it was a one time purchase as a company...you were shopping on Black Friday the BUSIEST shopping day of the year! The computer system is slower to the inventory levels on that day. Take you money back and deal with it!

View more comments (10)

Best Buy in Redding, California - Deceptive Return Policy and Practice

Purchased a Dell All in one Computer online on Sept 30th and received on Oct. 5th. Started having "no video" problems on very first boot up. Contacted Dell on the 10th of Oct. and began troubleshooting issues for over a week till Dell recommended I return it to Best Buy for refund or replacement. Contacted Best Buy and received assurances that they would email me a UPS shipping label within 24 hours. A week later still haven't received shipping label. Called Best Buy and was informed that it was no longer under their return policy due to time passed even though I contacted them initially within the return policy time length. Best Buy's practice is to put you off with false information during phone contact long enough to last until the warranty/return policy stated on their website expires.

Why didn't you just take it back to a local store? They could have done the return or exchange for you. Not only would you have been within the return policy, no fuss, but you wuold have gotten it taken care of much faster.

Loss
On September 13 in the morning I went in and talked to a sales agent named Alex they had a laptop showing online for the price of 399.99. I went back later with Bill and Michele Day to show them the laptop as they were looking for a replacement. The sales agent we...

Bestbuy.com has the right to change prices whenever they want, its written right on the website. I know it sucks.

It's not the store's fault... They can't price match something without physical proof of it on sale. As far as corporate... They don't really know how the stores policies function.

They basically tell you what you want to hear. Sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience with Best Buy.

Review
#262040 Review #262040 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Best Buy Customer Service unacceptable

I purchased a Nikon S9100 camera from the Woodland, CA store for a trip to Europe. While on the trip, I had problems with the camera not starting up correctly. I had to remove the battery and re-boot it to get it to operate during the trip. After returning from the trip, I took the camera back to Best Buy to get a replacement. I really like the features of the camera. I was told that they could not replace the item, and they offered to sell me an extended warranty. I am now sending the camera back to Nikon for repairs. I bought the camera from Best Buy, because they offered a competitive price. However, I now realize that their service policies are non-competitive with other vendors. I know that Costco would have replaced the camera with no questions. When I brought this to the attention of the service person she simply said, "I know". What Best Buy needs to understand is that they just lost a good customer for life. I have purchased several tech products from them over the years. I am remodeling my home and plan to spend money on appliances and new flat screens. Costco or another vendor with competitive service policies will get my business from this point forward. Best Buy will not.

In my case I did buy t he extended warranty and they tried to fix the camera 3 times and now I have been waiting 3 weeks to see if they can replace the camera or what and I still haven't heard anything. I have followed all the procedures listed to determine the camera is a lemon.

I owned the brand new camera for 2 weeks and they have had it over 4 months pretending to be fixing it. I have missed numerous picture taking occasions that can never be recaptured...now it is Halloween and still no camera. Tomorrow I will go buy a camera from a reputable company and never step foot in a best buy again. The camera was$250.00 and the service plan was $50.00.

So. All in all a 300 dollar lesson that best buy does not stand behind their product or their service plan. Just this week I took a computer to apple...

They fixed the problem and serviced the battery that wasn't even covered by my service plan a $131 part for free all because they wanted me to be a happy returning customer. No wonder their stock goes up and best buy goes broke

I agree with Simon. Perhaps if you would read the policy thats posted in their stores...on the back of your receipt you know what can be done or not done. Best Buy would have repaired it under the mfg's warranty but I bet you didn't read about that either.

Why did this come to a surprise to you? You certainly read store's return policies before you buy a high priced item there, right?

You sound like a frequent returner who gets upset when a store refuses a return.

View more comments (2)

Best Buy in Lawrence, Kansas - BestBuy is NOT a Honest Company

I purchased a set of washer and dryer from the BestBuy. The set was severly damaged during shipping (The store is about 9 miles from my house). Then, I asked BestBuy delivery personnel not to bring the damaged products into my house because I the damages were too serious (operation panel was borken into peices and metal body was bent. The delivery persons said "BestBuy will give you another set for replacement, and we'll come pick up these [damaged washer and dryer] after you reporsted to BestBuy." Never. Never trust BestBuy. BestBuy never replaced the set, instead, they made us fixed the washer and dryer with the warranty we purchased....

You accepted the damaged item? Why didn't you refuse delivery?

OMG that is dumb.

I find it hard to have sympathy for you crying victim when you bent over and spread your cheeks for them. You should have told them to bring you a brand new, undamaged machine like you ordered.

Best Buy Mobile Lied about coverage

When shopping for phones I was comparing pricing and insurance plans between Best Buy and Verizon. I specifically asked BB if the phone were to be lost or stolen, would it be covered on their plan. "Yes, that is why our plan is so great" So again, I asked what is the deductible for replacement if lost? "No deductible either, you are 100% covered and it will be replaced" WRONG!!!! After paying for this plan for months I find out it doesn't even cover the one thing I was most concerned with. Best Buy Corporate told me to take it up with the store's general manager, who never seems to be on duty. They did let me speak to the Cell Phone dept. manager who just told me I was not told that because 'he knows that salesperson personally and he would never say that'. Great, now I am the liar. No attempt whatsoever to make good...didn't happen, I heard wrong. I can afford to replace the phone but I cannot stand being lied to. Never again will I do business with BB....after spending thousands each year there.

insurance plans for cell phones the best bet and this is true is to go through like sprint or Verizon.. their plans will cover if lost or takin from you..

Keep track of your phone or leave it in the care of a trustworthy adult. Problem solved.

You probably "lost" the phone on purpose so you can get a new phone.

Seems kind of funny you were so worried about the insurance covering that. Nice try.

@Simon

You're an ***.

The only thing that EVER covers a lost item is INSURANCE. Warranty or "plans" ever do.

And Best Buy/Radio shack/ or your good ole mall kiosk will tell you whatever you want to hear to make a sale. You have to go to AT&T, verizon, Sprint or T-Mobile for good service.

View more comments (3)