Contacted my local Best Buy store in Gilbert, AZ (San Tan store) to ask them if they would price match a Jitterbug 5.5" smart phone that I found at Sears for a lower price but was told that the product numbers were different (Best Buy vs Sears) and therefore they could not match the same price offered by Sears. The 5.5" smart phone (offered by *greatcall) is the same smart phone that every retail store sells - there are no variations of it.

Nobody cares about the insignificance of the product numbers being different in one retailers database versus another - just match the price if the phones are the same!

Best Buy price - $149.99; Sears price - $88.00. I have heard in the past from others that Best Buys Price Guarantee Match was a farce - now I know for certain myself.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Did not like that best buy refused to price match sears.

Comments

MattD78

If you took the time to read the Best Buy Price Match policy: Our Price Match Guarantee does not cover:The online prices of retailers not listed in the Special Considerations section.Special considerations:At the time of sale, we price match all local retail competitors (including their online prices) and we price match products shipped from and sold by these major online retailers: Amazon.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, HP.com, Newegg.com, and TigerDirect.com.