Best Buy in Acworth,GA

I am the ultimate fan of best buy, buy everything there. But people should think twice before they purchas anything from the one in Acworth, Georgia. We recently mad a substantial puchase of well over a grand there and were completely ignored by the staff. Not just two or three but everyone. I had to wait over an hour for someone to help me and was told that I was not top priority since a couple of staff members decided not to show up. There were only 4 other customers in the store at the time since it was about 4 in the afternoon on a weekday. And when I hit boiling point and demanded the manager, I was call and impatient *** as I walked away. This is the closest store to my house but I will never go there again. I might suggest the company take a serious look at the staff of douches it employs at this location. You might think that someone who makes commission would be more willing to be consumer friendly.

I have dealt with a few of the best buy stores in the raleigh,garner,jacksonville area,and i agree with the person who said he will never return and purchase another item from them.

I wont spend another red cent in best buy, their are too many choices with better deals,service,customer service,and ones that stand behind the products they sell.

If you want to waste your money and have pure havoc trying to get them to stand behind their products,extended warranties then go for it. Not me; never again,they are a total joke,and a true ripoff.

Got burned once by them and not again.

Meldon R

Unfortunately for the staff at that particular Best Buy, you'll be back.

I one hundred percent agree with "ferrari599". Also, Best Buy employees don't work off of commission.

I also doubt that Best Buy misses your business, sooner or later you will have to return. Where else are you going to buy electronics, Circuit City?

LOL. I mean there is always Brandsmart and possibly Fry's but neither carry the same selection and aren't as widespread as Best Buy.

You are an *** and totally full of yourself. Don't rate the store badly because they didn't bend over for you just because you want to spend a lousy thousand dollars in a store that processes five thousand dollar transactions about every half hour due to the fact that you are impatient.

I also know for a fact that no one there would ever tell you that you were not TOP PRIORITY, they probably told you to hold your *** for a minute while they deal with people that were probably there before your ***. Also, please consider that sometimes employees have more work to do than just helping out customers in the store, on many occasions there are transactions and delivery orders to process after customers have left so please don't act so knowledgeable about a company that you apparently know little about and don't get upset when employees don't bow down to your every little need. Best Buy does not work that way. Being that I am probably one of the wealthiest people in North Georgia and I don't go into Best Buy with even half of your attitude, I think that you can suffer a little wait time as well ;).

Other than idiots like you that shop there, this store is amazing.

It is always very clean, always has a great inventory, helpful employees, and competitive pricing. Just feel bad that companies have to deal with *** like you.

View more comments (3)
Loss

Best Buy Worc. Ma (horrible experience)

Short version... We went down on a saturday to buy a tv for $999 and they were out of it. The salesman was nice and located one at another store for us and told us to check back on wednesday. (Time in store 45min but was ok)Called on wedneday and can't get anyone to answer the phone for 26 minutes. The phone just kept ringing on my cell and work phone. I end up calling there 800# and they took 11 min to get someone in the store. Talked to 2 employees, nobody knows anything so I get a manager and it is there with my name on it. (1hr 26mins total on phone)************************This is my favorite part***************************I call up on my way down that night after work to have it ready at customer service for when I get there and again I am told it isn't there. I get there and tell the woman that the day manager found it in receiving with my name on it. She comes back after 20 min to again tell me it is not there. I then ask for a manager and they look all around to finally find it behind customer service the whole time. (20 more mins) They ring it up and it is not on sale anymore and now $1399. Still dealing with the manager she explains that there is nothing she can do, 25 minutes of agrueing and she then says she will meet me 1/2 way. I am sooo pissed at this point i said "PLEASE GO GET ANOTHER MANAGER HIGHER THAN YOU, CAUSE I DON'T THINK YOU GET PAID ENOUGH SEE THE *** SHOW WE ARE GOING TO HAVE." The "store manager" comes up and 20 mins of argueing she is finally going to give it to me for $999.( total time in store was 1hr 40 min)(sorry if it doesn't add up that way)Rude thing that were said to me were as follows:1- There is nothing I can do (20 min later there was)2- How do I know this tv is for you (It had a tranfer sticker on it from where I said it was coming from)3- I should learn to be more polite on the phone (I was the first hour on it)4- Why don't you have a rain check (Why didn't your employee give me one)so many rude remarks it pains me to think of it again....***************************Free Pointers***********************************1- Take care of you customers the right way, the first time.2- Show a sense of urgency when you know i have been there for a while to get me out. (move at a better pace than slow and stop)3- Managers should not *** to find another one for 15 minutes.The whole experience was like i was bothering them to take my $1250 (xtra 250 was because I bought the extended warranty)
Meldon R

Well it sounds like you got to be a *** to the management so that probably evened things out and relieved your frustration. Can't wait to hear back from you in a year or two about your experience with the extended warranty.

No honor in the spoken word | Best Buy in Arlington, Texas

After several weeks of researching computers in my area of Texas, checking on the internet, going into several stores (3 different times to BEST BUY) I decided to buy a computer through the Best Buy store in Burleson, Texas (Store # ). I had decided on an ASUS CG5275. I asked the salesperson, if it might be on sale soon and he stated you have 30 days after purchase to bring it back in for a rebate if the price is lowered or lower at a different store. So, trusting his word, I purchased it. 17 days later it shows up ON SALE. I went into the store today asking for my rebate and the General Manager Misty Reitz tells me that the store policy is printed on the back of the receipt. They refused to honor the spoken word. I asked to confront the sales person or for her to do so, she was vague, only after insisting she got us on the phone with corporate to said the same thing, it's printed on the back of the receipt. NEVER NEVER BUY FROM BEST BUY, now known as WORSTBUY. An honorable old Texan (70 to be exact)

Exactly! I work in retail and if I gave out money to every person that came up to me and said " your employee told me this item was this price" I would be out of business! Unfortunly, most CUSTOMERS can't be trusted with THEIR spoken word honor!

Meldon R

Hate to be another one bringing bad news, but most stores only price match within the return period. With a computer that's 14 days. If you were in charge of that Best Buy, would you give money back to every person that walked in and said "so-and-so in computers told me I had 30 days!"

I'm a first timer at having remodeling done. I'm speaking of a bathroom remodel.

I hired a expert at ADA remodels expecting him to put EVERYTHING we could use in this room in it.When it was all said and done, everything but the sink was replaced. He said I sent you a copy of the est.

and if something was missing it's your fault for not saying something.Like I'm not to trust peoples word. If it's not in writing it's not going to happen.

Best Buy Shafts Customers and Employees

First, I'd like to go on record to say that I am not a disgruntled employee. I worked for Best Buy part time here in Colorado Springs for extra Christmas money and a discount on some items while serving my beloved United States Air Force as a Captain. I purchased a 52" Sony XBR5 in the early part of 2007 and after a little more than two years of service the LCD screen began to delaminate causing green streaks throughout the Television. Fortunately, I purchased the coveted PSP! Wrong, I took all the steps of the process that they tell the customers and employees to take. We called the customer service line, had the technician come out, and then took our RA number to the Best Buy on Powers and Cinema Pointe where the nightmare began! The Operations Manager (Little miserable munchkin woman you cannot miss) made me wait for 45 minutes while she was on the phone. Next, when she finally "helped" me, she was extremely sarcastic, rude, snippy, and acted as if I were crazy to expect a proper replacement for my $4,000 television! She had the audacity to offer me a $1,600 television and was rude because I refused. She then began questioning me as to why I couldn't remember when I purchased the television and why my wife's credit card was used? When that is our Best Buy membership rewards Master Card?!?! Why wouldn't it be used? I advise anyone reading this to stay clear of store 212 in Colorado Springs on Powers and Cinema Pointe! The operations manager should be fired for her unprofessional conduct and lack of respect for customers and former employees! I will never buy from this Best Buy store again and am strongly contemplating never purchasing a PSP or PRP from any Best Buy ever again for that matter! PLEASE BEWARE OF THE LOSS THEY WILL TRY AND FORCE YOU TO TAKE IF YOU EVER PURCHASE A PSP OR PRP AND NEED TO UTILIZE YOUR SO CALLED "WARRANTY!" In all of my civilian life, and as a member of the US armed services, I have never been treated with the amount of disrespect and rudeness that the operations manager in Colorado Springs, Store 212 on powers, had treated me with. I urge Veterans and Active Duty Military to take your hard earned military pay to the north store if you must purchase anything from Best Buy!
rational t

Electronics depreciate in value over time much like most everything in life. Since you worked for the company I assume that you know this.

Obviously after reading your complaint it is apparent that you do not. Semper Fi.

Everett

I apologize for your experience AirForce, but as an employee, I must ask a question to respond. Which plan did you have on the TV?

They changed the PSP's a while back and they are no longer "replacement" plans, they're "service" plans. The process that should have occurred was to call the 1-800-GEEK-SQUAD, they give you an RA. Depending on the plan, you either take the TV to the store or they come to the house. Regardless, the TV is inspected/tested.

If deemed repairable, the TV is sent to service/repaired in-store. If the TV cannot be repaired, they provide a replacement - same TV or if that model is no longer available they provide a TV with the same tech specs, not the same price, the same specs. I am surprised they could not locate the receipt. ALL employee receipts are recorded and the store "keyholder" could easily look that up with your employee number.

Plus, 1-800-GEEK-SQUAD would have all your personal information on electronic file since you bought a PSP. They are NOT required to give you a $4,000 TV for a $4,000 TV, only to replace what you had. If yours is 60" Plasma, 1080p with every bell and whistle under the sun and it's only $1,600, then you get the $1,600. Not trying to bash you or anything, just trying to educate about the PSP they offer.

You should still be under PSP because there should only have been 4-yr plans in 2007.

Give it a try! Best of luck!

View more comments (1)

Does not honor price on item. Bait and switch. | Best Buy in Bronx, New York

I visited BestBuy in Mt. Vernon, NY on Saturday, February 6, 2010 to purchase an iPod speaker system. The unit I was interested in was the Altec Lansing iM600 which retails online beginning at $93 (http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=altec+lansing+speakers+ipod&ved=0CCYQrQQwAA&cid=9935463608728629115&sa=title#p). When I asked the salesperson if they carried this model he said they did not have it in stock and then showed me another Altec Lansing model (Altec Lansing inMotion) that he said was the model below the one I was originally looking for but was only $49, which is clearly what the price tag on the item indicated. When I went to the register to pay for the item I was told that the item was incorrectly tagged and the price was $149. After speaking to the department manager and then the store manager, they refused to honor the $49 price. I was happy to return home to purchase the same unit online for less then $100. I am not a legal expert in the laws governing mispriced items but I was under the impression that it was the retailers responsibility to honor items as they are priced.
rational t

People grab product it gets moved around and things happen. Please stop thinking a company is going to take a $100 loss every time some product gets moved throughout the day. OR just order everything online and stop wasting peoples time in store.

Meldon R

I'm sure Best Buy made all their money by printing one price on their price tags and then jacking it up at the register. :x

Everett

I work for Best Buy. In this case, it does sound like a simple human error or even a customer picked up the case and wasn't looking where it was put back.

(Happens quite often, resetting/recovery for the store each night is always a task) Most states have a law requiring that if a listed item is under a price tag, then the store must honor that price. The loophole is that the item model number, store SKU and manufacturer are listed on the stickers with the price. Therefore, even if misplaced, the price on the tag only applies to the item with matching information.

Every customer situation is different based on circumstances. In your case, it truly does sound like a simple mistake.

The retailer has the right to get the correct price for an item they sell. Incorect prices on the shelf are most commonly human error but can also be a case of a dishonest employee trying to give a buddy a deal. I am quite willing to bet that if the price on the shelf was $149 and you got to the register and it came up at $100 you wouldn't be demanding they charge you $149...it works both ways.

View more comments (3)

Absolutely Ridiculous Customer Service | Best Buy in Easton, Pennsylvania

I purchased a Toshiba Satellite a505 laptop online and since it wasnt available to pick up at any store near me i decided to drive 70 miles to get that laptop since i wanted to gift that to one of my closest friends who was going overseas next day. As per the online purchase thing i waited for 2 emails( first to confirm inventory and then second email confirming that product is ready for pick up). i drove an hour and half away to get to POTTSTOWN PA store. After waiting over 2 hours in the store and in those 2hours i was continuously told that there staff is looking for my laptop and also they have received the email and acknowledged it. Well u guessed it.... after 2 hours of wait the customer service girl came to me and said that i dont know how u handled to wait for this long if i would be at ur place i would have left by now but anyways u r gonna have to leave now anyways cuz they r telling me to tell u that we dont have it. I got pissed and asked WHO THEY and she said my manager and i said where is he himself. she went on to call a manager for me...... here we go again. 3 guys passed all wearing manager name tag but refused to talk and told the girl to call someone else. finally one SO CALLED MANAGER "CHRIS" came in to talk to me. Talk to me ......what the *** only to tell me that he cant do anything they dont have my laptop and since its an online order jut call 1888bestbuy to cancel my order. I asked him that i want to talk to the GM. he said he was the GM and he already told me what to do and he left. I held my anger back and left that store and called their SO Called CUSTOMER SERVICE..huh....after 3 times explaining my problem to 3 different people the fourth one was kind enough to atleast dont hang up on me and listened to what i wanted to say and went on explaining me that it happens sometimes that store doesnt have inventory. I said really so that means that ur online emails mentioning "checking inventory at store and then ready for pick up is all fake". Like wise he got trapped and didnt had anything to say. I said i need ur corporate number. he said that i can call anywhere i want but its not gonna make any difference and only thing he can do is to offer me a discounted price on a different model. I badly wanted a laptop so i looked on their website and gave him a different model. Found it in a different store and went to pick it up. Wish Would have never done this mistake again Went to pick up at the store only to find out that instead of getting a discounted price i have been overcharged. It was for $599 listed on the website and i was charged $699. don know how and don know why but it was there. called back and cancelled the whole order and came back home pissed to the extent u can imagine. I am really really looking for a way to file a complaint against this company. If anyone out there knows a way or knows any way that i can reach out to their CEO or anyone of same designation pls reach out to me at luvchatts@gmail.com. I would really really appreciate it.
Meldon R

If you're driving 2 hrs each way, you may want to call first. When it's all said and done, what did you want "Chris" to do?

*** you a laptop? He didn't have it, what did you want him to say?

"Chris" didn't email you. Get mad at yourself for not calling and the website people for having a *** inventory system.

I hope Sirrus doesnt work the P.R. for Best Buy.

You suck at it.

What did you resolve with that *** response.1 you admit your company is and was at fault. 2 instead of resolving and making things right for customer , you preach at what he should have done and try to make it the customers problem to deal with in your own known defects.Now the internet world knows how truly sorry your service is by your own admission .Yet you go even further giving the customer more runaround.Fix this..You Idiots.

Everett

I work for Best Buy. I apologize for your situation, I don't know if they're aware of the bugs with the .com thing or not, but believe me I gripe about it to a manager every chance I get.

If our inventory system is off by even 1 (which most of the time it is), then the .com will say YES it's in the store, whether it physically exists or not. But very rarely will you receive a 2nd confirmation E-mail without someone physically finding the laptop, scanning it, putting your name on it with our giant green label and placing it behind the back counter. That's procedure and your E-mail doesn't get sent unless that takes place. My guess is the laptop actually was there since you received the 2nd E-mail, but someone misplaced it.

I agree, you shouldn't have to call and double-check. But driving 70 miles...it wouldn't be a bad idea. Tom is correct. District managers don't give handouts.

Store managers have 99% of the power to award or keep. Regarding the overpricing. I've been battling this since I started. The website usually shows a cheaper price than the in-store.

However, you usually get that price if you order it for shipping to your home. Add shipping and handling and it is cheaper to go to the store. In the future, call (enter a department number, any number, it's hard for 1 phone rep to get all calls, better to be routed to the right source). Ask if it's there and someone can physically see/touch it.

Pay over phone or just ask for a 24-hour hold and pay in the store.

Use Reward Zone card, earns you points and saves your receipt in our system for returns. Best of luck and sorry about your experience.

Tom's advice of calling customer-dont-care won't get you the CEO or someone of that level. It is just a maze of people who try to annoy you to the point of giving up and going away.

I'm not sure if he is being sincere in his advice or not, but you shouldn't have to call to double check what they are telling you online. Why do we have to do everyone's job for them???

1-888-237-8289, ask for customer care.

Next time just call the store you're going to and pay by cc over the phone. Using the .com really can muddy the process, because of going through the extra steps. :sigh

View more comments (4)

Best Buy poor customer service

In November 2005 I purchased a 50" LG plasma TV from Best Buy in Dover, DE. (#842). In May 2008 while watching the TV there were three very loud "bangs" and the unit shut down. I called the warranty service and the TV was repaired ( cost of $ 700.00). On 12-27-09 while watching the TV there was a very loud "bang" and the unit again shut down. I called the warranty service and was advised that the extended warranty expired 10-31-09. I was very upset as I had not been afforded the opportunity to renew the warranty for this TV. I explained the situation to the warranty rep, stating the TV had blown up twice within a year and a half and I was not afforded a renewal on the extended warranty. Nothing they could do. The afternoon of 12-27 I went to the Dover DE store and requested to speak to the store manager. I was advised that the assistant manager was there. I asked to speak to him but he refused to come out and speak to me. He sent messages out to me via a store associate. I was told that there was nothing that could be done at the store level and that I would have to contact the corporate office. On Monday 12-28-09 I called the corporate office and after being transferred to the wrong department four times I finally spoke to a gentleman by the name of Tim. Tim advised me that there was nothing that Corporate could do and it would have to be handled at the store level (here comes the runaround). I then called the Dover DE store and spoke to the manager his name is Glenn Stitsworth. I explained everything to Mr. Stitsworth and he asked me exactly what I wanted from him. I explained the story to him and that I have been a loyal customer to Best Buy for many years and have spent many thousands of dollars with the company. Mr. Stitsworth advised me that company loyalty means nothing. Considerations of this nature are not based on loyalty of the amount of money one spends with Best Buy. He did however say that he would see what he could do and he would get back with me. He again asked why I thought Best Buy should help me with matter and I again explained that I paid $ 4000.00 for this television and it had blown up 2 times in a year and one half. I feel that this unit is defective and should be repaired at no expense to me. I also explained that I feel I was not afforded the renewal warranty due to a "payout" being made on this unit. He assured me that that was not the case. It has bee over 10 days and I have not heard from Mr. Stitsworth. I believe Best Buy should stand behind this unit. The overall cost to Best Buy would be in insignificant on the overall scope of things and would go to great lengths in restoring confidence in the company.

Does someone HAVE your TV, or is it just looking pretty sitting on your wall? Also, is it the same part that was replaced (that you didn't pay $700 for) two years ago? Did that repair have any warranty? What you describe sounds pretty unusual for a plasma TV. Have you checked the Internet for bullitens or recalls by the manufacturer?

Because, honestly, I don't see that Best Buy's going to do anything for you at this point. They don't own the warranty, and from what I've been told get nothing on a renewal. I got no call on my TV, refrigerator, dishwasher, range, or other electronics. I don't expect to get one, either. About the only hope you have left, is that the manager might be able to give you a discount on a new one.

The only good part if this, is that you will be able to purchase a 50" plasma with better technology for a lot less than you paid for yours 4 years ago. I've seen them for as low as $700.

Good luck.

Thank you for reading my post. Perhaps I need to clarify a couple of things in my description of events. I was not charged $ 700.00. I stated that I called the Warranty/Service dept and the TV was repaired. It cost $700.00 for the parts and labor which the warranty/service plan covered. ( as I stated further in my post as a "Warranty payout being made".Historicaly, it has been my experience with most all of my extended warrantys/service agreements that as they reach their experation date I am contacted via mail or phone, if not both, inquiring if I wish to extend them.

I believe I am clear as far as the dates are concerned. Unit was purchased in Nov. 2005. First problem was in May 2008, covered under ext warranty/service plan. Second problem with unit 12-27-09. That would equal 1 year and 7 months. The unti failed twice in less time than it took for the original failure.

Perhaps I am not as articulate as many but you have the full story. I am not pulling any fast ones here. And as of this writing I STILL do not have any response from the store. Perhaps I am asking too much.

First of all, explain to me why you were charged $700 for service in May 2008. Secondly, did you bother to read the terms of your agreement?

The time frame of how and when things happens to anything you connect to wall current not withstanding, you had four years to figure out when was a good time to renew a service agreement (not an extended warranty)

Aside from that, you compound the confusion by stating "the TV had blown up twice within a year and a half", when by your own admission it was well over two years before you experienced your first problem...and then PAID FOR IT? Was there some service performed outside the warranty terms?

Something tells me that, once again, we are not getting the whole story here.

BestBuy employees ill-informed | Best Buy in Chelmsford, Massachusetts

I have been told buy Best Buy that the TiVo $100-off promotion has ended: Quote: "I have researched the promotion and it has ended" However, when I go to the web site it still shows the offer: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat197600050019&type=category I have talked to at least 5 people at Best Buy that told me that there is no and never was such a promotion... I found one store manager who told me the offer only started after Dec 26th. However I received an email for the offer on Dec 10th. I have been told by customer support that the offer is for bestbuy.com only. But right on the web site it says: "Offer available only at Best Buy stores and BestBuy.com" I still cannot get a straight answer from anyone I talk to.

maybe someone should tell the employees at the best buy store what tom found out.

Yep...promotion expired. The link still works, but you can't pull it up on any of the current offers.

"Savings will be reflected in your cart when all offer requirements are met.

If you remove any of the qualifying items from your cart or cancel all or part of your order, you will not receive the promotional savings. Valid on in-stock items only. Items may ship separately.

OFFER SUBJECT TO CHANGE."

Nice try. :roll

View more comments (1)

Best Buy Scam

Purchased an open-box flat screen tv for christmas. was told it was complete. Manager wouldn't lift out tv for me to check. Was w/o a stand. Dec 26 at Best Buy (after 35 minutes) said they'd order one and it would come w/i 4 days. Customer service person (all of them) were rude to all customers and called security if you continued to state your case.It is of course backordered AND THEY CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD for the stand. Which was part of the original purchase. Will not ever purchase from them again. Ever, ever, ever.
Everett

Try buying one in a box? Being given the wrong information is unfortunate.

Further questioning would have resolved your issue before it was an issue. (Ask manager: Have you personally seen it?

What happens if it's not, can I return it? If I need something for it, will you guys have it?) Open-box tag should have type on it listing WHY it's open-box.

probably one of the few things i'd buy at best buy.

Return it. :roll

Go buy Rosetta Stone for English; you need help. :x

Best buy ruined Christmas

I was given a video camera as a gift for Christmas. My fiancee asked that I open it early that morning so we could video tape our first Christmas in our new home we just purchased. The camera did not work and we were unable to capture our first Christmas. We returned the camera the next day and the manager attempted to charge us a 15% restocking fee for the item. We used a reward zone coupon for the purchase which we were told would be void if we did not make another purchase the same day. The item chosen was not available;therefore, they placed an order for it. The item will not arrive for three weeks and they stated that the coupon could not be used on an order item. They would not give a discount for any of the inconvenience, they were rude and dismissive, and acted as if they did us a favor waiving the restocking fee.

Share your Best Buy horror story at Facebook.com/UnlikeBestBuy

Everett

It's on the wall, the receipt and they're supposed to place a yellow sticker/seal over the camera boxes that state "14 day return policy, 15% restocking fee if returned". They are incorrect about your RewardZone coupons, they would not be void, but wouldn't be able to be used til they are re-sent.

Any item returned that had RewardZone coupons on the receipt will not immediately return them to you in the store but they WILL re-issue them through the mail/E-mail after an allotted time. As an employee, I am upset that they pressured you into buying something else, but in truth, that would be the ONLY way to avoid the re-stocking fee. (Straight return = restocking fee, Exchange = 99% of the time, no restocking fee).

Perhaps you should look into the Black Tie protection which would cover mishaps with the camera after the 14 day policy. I apologize for the experience, best of luck.

A restocking fee for items like cameras, camcorders and laptops isn't news. Why might be is if you let us know which camcorder failed out of the box.

That's who ruined your Christmas. :roll