Filter by rating :
filters

Manager told me to get out | Best Buy in Norfolk, Virginia

I WAS IN THE BEST BUY ON INDEPENDENT RD IN VIRGINIA BEACH. I HAD BEEN WAITING FOR THREE HOURS THEN WAS CALLED AND TOLD THEY WONT BE ABLE TO INSTALL THE CD PLAYER I BROUGHT FOR MY CAR FROM BEST BUY SO I WENT TO THE FRONT AND ASKED TO SPEAK WITH THE MANAGER. I WAS SPEAKING WITH A REPRESENTATIVE AT THE FRONT COUNTER. WHEN I TOLD HIM IT WAS SOME *** I HAD TO WAIT THIS LONG. THE MANAGER NAME AUDRA CAME UP AT THE SAME TIME IN SAID IF YOUR CURSING IN MY STORE YOU CAN GET OUT IN I TOLD HER. LOOK MAM I WASNT TALKING TO YOU OR DIRECTING IT TO YOU OR ANYONE AND HEAR. AUDRA NOT WILLING TO EVEN FIND OUT WHAT THE ISSUE WAS JUST TOLD ME. I NEED TO GET OUT HER STORE AND I TOLD HER I DONT HAVE TO I DID NOTHING WRONG AND SHE THREATED TO CALL SECURITY. SHE WALKED AWAY AND ME BEING A CUSTOMER KNOWING I DID NOTHING WRONG STAYED IN THE STORE. AS I SAW HER FOLLOWING ME AROUND AND WATCHING ME. I DECIDED TO GET  MY KEYS FROM INSTALL AND LEAVE WHEN I GOT READY BUT SHE HAS KNOW CUSTOMER SERVICE VALUES AND I THINK SHE NEEDS TO BE REVIEWED BECAUSE I WASNT HOSTILE AT ALL JUST FELT MISTREATED AND EVEN MORE MISTREATED WITH DISRESPECT FROM A MANAGER THAT WOULDNT EVEN HERE ME OUT AND JUST TOLD ME TO GET OUT LIKE I WAS A NOBODY. SHE DIDNT EVEN TRY TO ASK ME WHATS GOING ON. I DIDNT DIRECT ANY BAD WORDS AT HER OR ANYONE ELSE. SHE JUST DIDNT WANT TO DEAL WITH MY SITUATION MAYBE BECAUSE SHE WAS HAVING A BAD DAY BUT SHE DIDNT EVEN HEAR ME OUT. SHE JUST ATTACKED ME. WHEN SHE WAS SUPPOSE TO BE HELPING ME.
This G

Hahaha are you serious? That can't be the same person responding. But then again, you sound like you can count to your IQ using only your fingers and toes.

And it wasn't a joke, did you see what it was trying to type?

#220100

You all need to shut up. I did not want to wait my turn so I pushed in front of a couple with a child.

I did not swear at the manager I swore at the couple. The manager told me I had to wait my turn, and I told her this is ***. Women they don't know nothing. Why should I respect her she is a lady.

I am a man. It's a man\'s world until those feminists created women\'s right movements. Also dummy, it was a typo I meant to say three minutes.

Dummy. You must all be women.

#220098

What the manager should have done is asked you not to return without a parent because clearly cannot behave yourself without an adult present. Maybe you need to learn some manners yourself. You think it is okay to treat others with disrespect but what about how you treat others.

#220094

This guy... CAVEMAN JOKE IS PRETTY LAME.

anonymous... I don't think immediately the manager should have suggested you to leave. But, I get her point. It doesn't make her a caveman to demand respect not just for her and the staff but for the other customers that were shopping with their families.

Would anonymous want a pissed off customer swearing in front of their kids or mom. No matter who it was directed too. I know they were clearly pissed to stand in there for 3 hours waiting. You should have been calling security first and reporting a stolen car.

That's ridicules. Why did you even wait that long.

This G

ME SPEAK IN BIG LETTERS LIKE CAVEMAN TOO. YOU SWEARDED IN FRONTED OF PEOPLED WHICH BE WRONGED.

THERE BE WAYS TO SAY HOW YOU MAD WITHOUT SWEARDED. ME THINK YOU CUSSED SOMEONE OUT AND WERE ACTING LIKE CHILD AND DESERVED TO BE GOED.

Review
#209264 Review #209264 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Best Buy Manager

Best Buy Suck? Tell their top investors!

Best Buys return policy is devised to milk customers out of their money. If you have experienced this - call your state attorney general's office. After a multitude of these complaints - they WILL look into it and probably slap them with a lawsuit. That will be VERY expensive - just in the public relations nightmare alone. Second - start contacting their top shareholders. This hits them where it hurts - the corporate executive management's pocketbook. Once shareholders determine that Best Buy can't manage customer retention, (ie; they have to spend more on marketing to get new customers through the door because they can't manage to develop customer loyalty), investors will start selling their stock. Given the that their executive bonuses are either granted in or based on stock prices - this should sufficiently motivate them to reconsider their fraudulent practices. Top shareholders are easy to find as they are public record with any publicly traded company. Find the investment group / fund manager and write / email / fax. Copy Best Buy's CEO. You should get pretty quick reults with this method. THe more people that do this - the more luck you will have.
murffy

Well, if anyone has checked Best Buy's stock price lately, it's obvious that I was proven right. Shortly after my original post - multiple media reports were released regarding Best Buy's woes -and their stock price fell-significantly.

I guess the critics of my original post will have to eat their words... but it was obvious that most were probably Best Buy managers / corporate employees anyway.

#219680

You really think your pathetic little post is going to change anything? The state attorney will not do anything.

Why? Because they don't care. And you won't get there stock hurting by contacting shareholders. As long as BBY continues to make money, they won't go anywhere.

Who cares if they suck.

THEY MAKE MONEY. And that's all the shareholders care about.

#219445

Our return policies are so strict because we have lazy DB stealing and devising plans to return damaged or fake items. This cost us millions every year.

So i'm sure the return policies aren't made to milk you out of your money. Next time you see someone getting ready to steal, tell them to stop making things harder for the rest of us who work hard for what we have.

The only thing senior leadership cares about is the bottom line. They don't care about retaining quality employees who perform well to help them maintain the bottom line.

They usually have some uneducated GM running the stores who only care about the next BMW they are going to buy and brag about. Buy from Amazon or a more reputable retailer.

The CEO of Best Buy is always under pressure from the shareholders to increase Best Buy's bottom line. I hate to tell you this, but stricter return policies prevent fraud and increases the bottom line.

Losing a few customers is nothing compared to the money they lose with fraudulent returns.

If you follow their clearly posted policies, you shouldn't have a problem returning something.

My guess is you didn't follow their policies and were denied a return. So now you are acting like an immature, scorned lover who just got dumped.

Review
#207445 Review #207445 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Best Buy Manager

Best Buy Managers are complete idiots! San Diego Ca.

They do not price match the products if the other stores, have the products below Best Buy cost. what a bunch of *** They are really no clue on how to manage their stores. This happen to me at the best buy in Chula Vista California, where a duchbag name Martin, told me he could not price match after he made her salesman call Fry's Electronics. After I asked to speak to the general manager, he refused to let me speak to him and appearently the Geneal manager was listening to the whole conversation. Worst costumer services there period.

I read your piece, if you want to do more than *** about the BB think on this

#205259

The price match policy is only followed by local competitors when the item is in stock. A lot of Best Buy stores do NOT see Fry's as viable competition.

And just because there is a Fry's near another Best Buy does not mean that another Best Buy down the road will price match. They tend to stick to immediate surrounding areas.

#195073

WHAT is on the list of high end competing companies?

@Osmo

Fry's Electronics? You mean the place that sells USED computer hardware?

lol. Yeah, they aren't going to pricematch your third world flea market ad either dum dum.

sorry for your problem sir, but best buy only does price match with high end competting companys, "fry's electronics" does not follow that list.

Review
#195732 Review #195732 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Best Buy Manager

Best Buy ... NO NO NO!!!!

I have purchased a Sony Hi-Definition camcorder on 08-06-10 at Best Buy # 488 Chattanooga, TN. Salesman assured us that HDMI cable was included in the box but when we open the box at home there was no HDMI cable in the box. I went back to store and asked for the cable; customer service called the manger and told him about the issue. He refused to solve the problem despite he said no one told me that it comes with the cable and walked away. His behavior upset me so I wanted to return the product. I was told I have to pay a 15% restocking fee. I called the 1800bestbuy number and talked to customer relation department after listening to me put me on hold to talk to the manager. After talking to him she told me that she does not have any authority over a manager and she can't do anything about it. I spent $600 at best buy hoping that if I had any problem they are at five minutes drive so they would help me out. I could have bought same camcorder (Sony XR150) online a lot cheaper. So on behalf of my experience I concluded that; 1. I would not buy anything from best buy again nor would I recommend anyone. 2. Once you buy anything from Best Buy "forget about after sale services". 3. After my experience I found 773 reviews of customers on the web; http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Best_Buy I wish I had read those reviews before my purchase, as Best Buy customers' rating is only 1.92 out of 10.

Sorry to hear about your ordeal with BestBuy, as they are the worst store I know of and will never shop there! I had read on the internet that they predetermine the customer they will help in their stores, which is a married couple with children.

Just to test this accusation, I have gone to a WorstBuy three times, and each time, every sales person would walk right in front of me, without any offer to help! What a great concept to ignore every single person who could be a potential buyer. I also purchased a small computer, took it back, and after a half hour of them ripping it apart, I was finally offered a credit.

Why does anyone shop at their stores, when you can buy on-line at much lower costs. I only shop Amazon anymore who sells from other vendors.

Forget Monoprice, they sold me two defective HDMI cables!

Tom
#197019

your mad over a cable, you must be rich to be mad, otherwise loser a hdmi cable for a camcorder only costs 5-10 dollars.

I am not going back to Best Buy anyways. My point is to raise voice so people should know one more time what to expect at Best Buy.

By the way if someone can buy $600 camcorder, he can buy a cable too. :)

Way to go loser. You just wasted a few hours of your life complaining about a 5 dollar cable you can buy from monoprice.com.

Next time you go to a big box store you need to remember that the high school kid working there for $6.50 an hour doesn’t know jack about what they are selling. If you want knowledgeable salesmen then next time go to a specialty store.

No more pitty party for you!

View more comments (3)
Review
#193363 Review #193363 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Best Buy Extended Warranty is a Fraud

I have purchased several extended warranties on various products over the years. I have returned products on three occasions and each time getting Best Buy to honor their obligations under the warranty has been near impossible. Recently I returned a lap top computer that was kept 90 days while the motherboard was located from Sony. Just go it back and the computer will not even turn on. The store manager refused to exchange it and instead wanted to send it back to Sony for further repairs. I would caution anyone shopping at Best Buy - This store perpetrates a fraud on every consumer that gets sucked in to this revenue enhancing trap.

the "extended warranties" are service plans. if you read the fine print they gave you when you purchased them you would know that.

they have to send your junk out to service it, if they can't fix it they then give you a new one. how is this fraud when it's clearly stated in the paper work?

Best Buy customer service

I bought a GPS unit at Best Buy in Chula Vista California when i got home and opened unit it had a damaged screen when i tried to return it the manager "Lord Francis" that is the actual name on his ID tag told me he could do nothing for me as i could not prove it was damaged when i purchased it he told me that my only option was to contact Garmin and as far as he was concerned i was stuck with the damaged unit. I should have known as soon as i saw the name "Lord Francis" that things would not go well it lived up to that name in (lack of) service and lousy attitude I will never go back to that store and I'm telling everyone I can about this and to stay away also

I Work For Best Buy. Thats Not The Way We Run Things.

You Have A receipt Will Take It Back Or Exchange It. What He Did Doesn't Follow Our Company Protocol.

You need to contact his District manager. I have workeed in retail management for 20 years and companies DO get credit from companies like Garmin.

It always gets to me how some store managers have to make it bad for those of us that KNOW that its not our money that we are dealing with and the returns process should be so much smoother. You can call the store and request the name of "Lord Francis's" district manager, and if he is unable to help you go further up the chain until you are satisfied!!!

View more comments (1)
Loss
I went to the Best Buy in Taylor, MI and purchased a Samsung TV. When I brought it home, I took it out of the box and the screen was cracked. I tried to return it to the store that same evening, but the manager refused to take it back stating I tampered with it. He...

Almost exact same thing happened to me with a 55 inch smart tv. They simply take your money and refuses to accept any returns.

I oowned the box and the screen was broken in pieces.....G Snow. ...Montgomery Alabama

View more comments

Best Buy falsely accuses/bans customers

I went to Best Buy in Harrisburg, PA a couple months ago and as I was browsing around, I noticed an individual hiding some DVDs under a shelving unit. I waited until a few minutes after the man had left that area and I went to see what he hid there. I noticed it was DVDs and I left them there and didn't tell anyone about it. I went back there last night with a friend and my 6 year old daughter to find out about the new movie Avatar that was coming out today and the security employee was telling me just how good he thought the movie was. After that, I proceeded to continue to browse around the store and noticed the shelving units were empty where I remembered those DVDs were hidden a couple months beforehand. I walked over to the shelves and checked under them and sure enough the DVDs were still there. I looked at the titles and pulled one out of that spot and then noticed it was way over priced. I put it back exactly where I found it at and then wanted to leave since it was close to closing time. I walked around looking for my friend that came with me and found him. While I was looking for him, I noticed 2 employees back by those shelving units where the DVDs were hidden at. After I found my friend, the 3 of us left the store. I went back there today with my wife and bought Avatar on blu-ray. On my way out the door, the new general manager stopped me and asked if I was there last night. I told him I was there last night and he said that last night I hid a bunch of DVDs there and by doing so I was acting inappropriately and he has the right to ban me from the store. I told him that I did no such thing and he offered to show me the video of it. I told him that yes I would like to see the video. He said that he didn't have time yo deal with this and now I wasn't allowed to see the video. He said that if I didn't leave the store at that moment or ever went to that store again, he would have me charged with criminal trespass. I told him that I just found the hiding spot a couple months ago and was trying to see if everything was still there. He asked why I didn't tell anyone about it yesterday and I told him that there were 2 employees there so I didn't think I gad to tell anyone since they already knew about the spot. He told me I was lying and I had to get out of his store. I told him I wanted to return the movie I just bought from there and he said no and I had to leave. So I left. I called 1888BESTBUY and asked to file a complaint about this. They said too bad and that I couldnt do anything about it. I asked to speak with a supervisor and the man on the phone said OK. After being on hold for 30 minutes, I hung up the phone. I called back a couple hours later and asked how I could return the DVD since it was still brand new and sealed and I have the receipt. They said that I couldn't return it and I wasn't allowed back there again. And all this time, I still wasn't able to speak to a supervisor. I told them I'm gonna be filing a complaint with my local Better Business Bureau and with the Attorney General's office and my bank and I hung up the phone. I will never buy anything ever again from there. They are completely ridiculous there. I will be boycotting Best Buy and plan on having this on the news later this year on Black Friday. They treat their customers like *** there and don't deserve to be in business anymore. I can't wait til the day they file for bankruptcy because that entire company is nothing but junk.

Are you serious with this?! All you had to do was report someone trying to STEAL when you saw it, and it would have been their problem and not yours.

By letting another person get away with the first step in stealing, you were in fact an accessory to the crime. If you saw someone breaking out a car window in a parking lot and digging around in the car, would you wait for them to leave, then go over and see if there was anything in the car you wanted?!

You should have reported it when you first saw it. If I was a best buy employee I wouldn't believe your story, in fact I don't believe your explanation anyway.

rational t

If you see another customer hiding movies why would you have not done the right thing and just reported it to an employee instead of snooping around yourself. Please use common sense in regards to what the employees see and would think when you are the one lifting tiles doing things you are not supposed to do. I fail to see how you are wasting so much energy and time on this.

true

Well honestly if you are a normal consumer and shopping around you shouldn't care what is under the displays and all. That isnt your job and it looks VERY suspicious from the camera view when every time you go into the store you look at the DVD's JUST to see if they are there. :| if you never messed with it at all or had just reported it when you saw it then you wouldn't have had this problem :|

More involved with each other than customer | Best Buy in Cheyenne, Wyoming

I went into the Loveland, Colorado store in the Centerra Shopping Center to exchange my Blu-ray player, but was unable to get any real assistance. A female began assisting me and after a few minutes she called in her manager. This manager approached in a very intimating manner and placed himself in front of her. I am thinking "okay, this is weird" and after explaining the issue that I was having with the DVD player he directed someone on his ear piece to assist me and left with this female employee. Needless to say, no one ever showed up in the electronic department to assist so I headed to the desk where I found them snuggling and all involved with each other, while I am trying to correct this simple issue of an item exchange. So much for being a PREMIER SILVER MEMBER. I am left to believe that the fact that I inquired the manager's girlfriend to assist a customer in his time of need meant that I was banned from any assistance. Took my service to FORT COLLINS, COLORADO.
rational t

From the tone and remarks your stating in your story one must wonder how you acted to the employees in the store. Since the manager came over and stood in front of the employee I am assuming then that they were called because you might have been a bit of a handful.

I highly doubt that they were behind a desk snuggling...

View more comments (1)

Best Buy in Acworth,GA

I am the ultimate fan of best buy, buy everything there. But people should think twice before they purchas anything from the one in Acworth, Georgia. We recently mad a substantial puchase of well over a grand there and were completely ignored by the staff. Not just two or three but everyone. I had to wait over an hour for someone to help me and was told that I was not top priority since a couple of staff members decided not to show up. There were only 4 other customers in the store at the time since it was about 4 in the afternoon on a weekday. And when I hit boiling point and demanded the manager, I was call and impatient *** as I walked away. This is the closest store to my house but I will never go there again. I might suggest the company take a serious look at the staff of douches it employs at this location. You might think that someone who makes commission would be more willing to be consumer friendly.

I have dealt with a few of the best buy stores in the raleigh,garner,jacksonville area,and i agree with the person who said he will never return and purchase another item from them.

I wont spend another red cent in best buy, their are too many choices with better deals,service,customer service,and ones that stand behind the products they sell.

If you want to waste your money and have pure havoc trying to get them to stand behind their products,extended warranties then go for it. Not me; never again,they are a total joke,and a true ripoff.

Got burned once by them and not again.

Meldon R

Unfortunately for the staff at that particular Best Buy, you'll be back.

I one hundred percent agree with "ferrari599". Also, Best Buy employees don't work off of commission.

I also doubt that Best Buy misses your business, sooner or later you will have to return. Where else are you going to buy electronics, Circuit City?

LOL. I mean there is always Brandsmart and possibly Fry's but neither carry the same selection and aren't as widespread as Best Buy.

You are an *** and totally full of yourself. Don't rate the store badly because they didn't bend over for you just because you want to spend a lousy thousand dollars in a store that processes five thousand dollar transactions about every half hour due to the fact that you are impatient.

I also know for a fact that no one there would ever tell you that you were not TOP PRIORITY, they probably told you to hold your *** for a minute while they deal with people that were probably there before your ***. Also, please consider that sometimes employees have more work to do than just helping out customers in the store, on many occasions there are transactions and delivery orders to process after customers have left so please don't act so knowledgeable about a company that you apparently know little about and don't get upset when employees don't bow down to your every little need. Best Buy does not work that way. Being that I am probably one of the wealthiest people in North Georgia and I don't go into Best Buy with even half of your attitude, I think that you can suffer a little wait time as well ;).

Other than idiots like you that shop there, this store is amazing.

It is always very clean, always has a great inventory, helpful employees, and competitive pricing. Just feel bad that companies have to deal with *** like you.

View more comments (3)