Filter by rating :
filters

Inappriopriate behavior by supervisor | Best Buy in Bayport, New York

To Whom It may Concern: I will follow up with a written complaint to the headquarters. I was at the Patchogue, Best Buy Store this afternoon trying to return a gift that my daughter had a duplicate of. A sales manager names Charlene (no last name given) was very rude to me. The gift was given a month and 10 days. My husband passed away suddenly recently. I was not looking for sympathy. I wanted my money back but she refused to give it to me. When I pursued the issue by explaining my situation, she responded, "I am done with you" and walked away from me. She left me standing there for 15 minutes until another employee came over to help. I am highly disappointed in this twenty something year olds response to me. No compassion. Personally, I think she should be reprimanded for her behavior. That is not how she should respond to a good customer. Sincerely, Donna

What would you want the employee's last name for?

You were beyond the return policy. Case closed, regardless of you trying to use your husband's death to circumvent policy.

Best Buy Manager
At the beginning of October, 2010 I purchased a CD player at the Victor NY Best Buy Store. I stood in line for approximately 15 minutes by the time I was taken care of. The cashier ignored me while she was having a long conversation with a customer. I was tired of...

Quit being such a baby. You had to wait in line. Big deal. Get over yourself.

What do you want them to do about your complaint? You've told how many people? They obviously don't consider it a valid complaint (because it isn't).

Go shop at Wal-Mart. No one ever complains about how long their lines are.

Promotional product not available at retailer | Best Buy in Houston, Texas

Purchased mattress set with promotional free Samsung 40" LCD HD tv at Best Buy free! Model stipulated by Rooms To Go LN40C500 not on display at Best Buy and not in inventory at any Best Buy stores. Store clerk advised model c500 not available and was replaced by LN40C530, which they carried at a HIGHER PRICE! They would not, or could not substitute and advised me to go back to Rooms To Go, which I did. Manager of Rms To Go had no authority and would not help. I purchased more expensive model and advised salesman, Keith Davis of my displeasure at how things were handled. Salesman will discuss with Mgr and have him call me. Have not heard back as yet! I need satisfaction and reimbursement of $75.
Willie

We bought a living room set from R2G and got the Best Buy TV offer with the deal. We ended up receiving a $600 Best Buy gift card, valid 5 days after delivery (which the salesman told us and is plainly stated in the paperwork).

We were able to use the gift card AS A GIFT CARD!! In other words, we got $600 credit toward the purchase of a really nice LG 3D LED HDTV, not the Samsung that was offered.

Why y'all are having so much trouble is beyond me. As a matter of fact, I'm probably going to outfit another room with R2G furniture just to get the $600 gift card, and apply it toward the purchase of a new computer.

You're ***

Mike

Rooms To Go is the sponsor of the offer, so you're barking up the wrong tree to get this resolved.

View more comments (2)
Best Buy Manager

Best Buy defrauds, lies, cheats.

High end Nikon Camera purchased in late August for Xmas gift with understanding it was returnable after Xmas. Call to returns confirmed return policy for Xmas gift. Retuned camera end of December 27, (unopened with receipt). Return denied. Return manager Jessica tore box label when opening it and pointed to tear saying it had previously been opened. I pointed out returns person Brandon who by phone confirmed return would be okay. Manager walked over and whispered to him. He then came up and denied the agreement. Cost $500. Letter with return receipt and restricted delivery sent to BestBuy CEO Bradbury Anderson has been unanswered. It behooves persons tempted to patronized BestBuy for convenience or price to think again. Customer service, integrity and good will are lacking at Best Buy.

Oh My GOd you bought a camera in August and expected it to be returned inDecember. You must be very important are you the pope or the president.

I sat in line behind some one like you about a week ago. Just accept the fact you are outside of the return policy and get on with life.

I work at a bank and you remind me of the people who over draft an account and want us to give you the money back because you can't keep your finances straight. Nat even Walmart takes back things that old and they take anything back.

This G

LOL @ Shadow for being completely oblivious to sarcasm.

-Buying something in August for a Christmas gift and expecting the return to be cool? ***.

-Mailing the CEO of a mega-corporation expecting individual response? ***

-Mailing the RETIRED CEO of a company? Extra ***

I have to agree with Simon. Usually a cashier in retail will do everything within their means to make exceptions (within reason to the return policy). It sounds to me like she had reason to believe it wasn't unopened or she would have returned it.

Why would Jessica purposely tear the box so you don't get to return the item???? Seriously. You sound like one of those *** customers that no one likes or can stand in the first place....

People like you want to make the world bend over backwards for you. Have people hold your hand while shopping. Im sure your the type that doesnt understand why prices so high or why coupons have exclusions. BOO WHOOOOO.

Shop online. Thats my advice to you. That way you don't have to actually deal with real people...so you can sit in your corner on your computer and be a anti social complaining loser all by yourself.

Ps I dont work for Best Buy either. I work for their competitors but think your complaints are ***.

I doubt Simon does either. I read his complaint. He simply disagrees with you. I love how you automatically asume that anyone that disagrees with your BS works for Best Buy...good call. Your like a modern day mobile lie dector test. Nothing gets by you.

Happy Days :grin

Mike

A) Extended holiday returns never started until November. How did you think you could get away with returning something 3-4 months later?

B) Bradbury Anderson retired of CEO almost 2 years ago, and was replaced by Brian Dunn.

How old is this claim, or did you maybe do your homework wrong? Nice move lol!

Thank you Shadow. Isn't the fact that I'm rude and nasty proof enough that I don't work for any of these companies?

Wouldn't they want me to be a tad professional?

I stand by what I said. If a NON-COMMISSIONED employee said it was opened, I believe her. She has nothing to gain by lying. Meanwhile, customers lie all the time to get their way.

Why would she go out of her way to deny the return and listen to the customer *** at her all day? Wouldn't she accept the return if she could?

Simon works for best buy? and he's being rude and unappreciative? Big surprise.

having worked in retail for a long time, if a person was told over the phone that they could return something they shouldn't be denied a refund when walking into the store. If not a refund, they should've at least got store credit. He purchased it fair and square and didn't want it. It's not like it was a dvd or cd, it's a CAMERA. Most people don't buy $500 cameras and use them and return them.

Simon, you said you watch these to make sure the company's name isn't tarnished. You are doing enough to tarnish it yourself, being rude and nasty. I can't speak for everyone, but if best buy hires people like you I wouldn't shop there. Besides, Geek Squad sucks. They know nothing unless it's something found online, and can't really do anything useful anyways.

Thats it. My cover is blown.

I might as well come clean. I work in Best Buy's espionage department and go around looking for complaints against the store and making rebuttals so the company's image isn't tarnished.

I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for your meddling.

But seriously, judging by how you come to a ridiculous conclusion just because someone disagrees with you shows me and everyone else how you quickly spin a story so you can believe whatever suits you and make you a helpless victim. I have no doubt that you have done the same with your initial complaint.

Your response is obviously written by a Best Buy service to contest complaints. Good try.

Cry and deny your cover has been blown.

No further responses will be made by me to your pitiful attempts to defend a business whose CEO does not respond to customer concerns. It is not surprising their personnel is inadequately trained.

I did read you statement. I just don't believe it.

Like I said, if you had adhered to their return policy, they would have no reason to deny the return. They obviously had a reason.

All we have is your side of the story, which I'm sure is spun to your liking. I don't believe that the employee tore the label when she opened it and then denied the return on that basis.

It's just not credible. Since we don't have Best Buy's side of the story, it just leaves people to guess what really happened.

READ THE STATEMENT. IT WAS UNOPENED! Jessica tore the label when she opened it!

It sounds like they had an extended return timeframe from Christmas for UNOPENED items and you opened it. You probably decided you didn't like your item or it was too complicated for you and cleverly decided to make it look like it was unopened.

When the employee wasn't dumb enough to fall for your poor attempt at return fraud, you were rightly denied a return.

If "Jessica" said it had been previously opened, it probably was. If you abided by their return policy, they would have no reason to deny the return.

View more comments (11)
Review
#220414 Review #220414 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Best Buy NOT

Bets Buy advertise they do layaways, well I tried it and won't ever go to this particular store again. I went to store 202 in Plano TX (they were the only one listed in our area) to put a LCD big screen on layaway. I had an associate get the item information and took it to the customer service counter. The associate said she could take care of it. An hour later I was still standing there and no progress. At this point she asked another associate for help. The other associate acted like she knew what she was doing but didn't. 45 minutes later I was still there and no apparent progress so I asked for a manager. When the manager arrived I explained what we were trying to do and that I'd been standing there an hour and forty-five minutes, he said "oh" and walked off. I had them cancel the transaction which was only as far as charging my debit card for the down. When i had time I checked the bank to ensure the transaction was canceled only to find it had not been and they had charged my account twice. Don't ever go to that store, the employees don't know what they're doing and the managers don't seem to care.

Regarding the lawaway at Best Buy, I can understand why you were frustrated! Terrible experience! I think they have a customer service line to complain to - just to make this actually DOES get taken care of!!! (It definately shouldn't have happened.)

@ Simon - The person may have wanted to put the item on layaway in order to take advantage of a sale. It's still paid in cash and is NOT an indicator of someone's ability to pay for something.

And, as mentioned, it is a great tool to hide Christmas presents!!

Retailers don't care how you pay for it - just that their stock actually gets purchased.

How about just save up the cash before you buy it? If you don't have the money or credit to purchase something then maybe you can't afford it.

Maybe you should have chosen a profession that has better retirement benefits instead of "oh poor me".

Rude comments should not be allowed. Being retired Army I understand since retirement pay isn't the greatest so layaways become a budget tool.

What you advocate is using a credit card and paying 12, 15 or 18% interest but layaways are 60-90 day free, no interest. I've used one to keep my wife from finding her Christmas present and picked it up the day before.

Oh, a marine uses layaway? Well then I'm all turned around on the subject.

What the *** does someone's former occupation have to do with anything?

Should I break down in tears because he's a marine? Oh boo f'ing hoo.

Opinion noted, I'll let the retired Marine next door know what your opinion of him is since he uses layaways regularly.

2.5 million? Yeah that's less than 1% of the population. The rest have their *** together and can use a debit or credit card.

I guess there's about 2.5 million Americans that according to you are trailer trash.

Layaway is for trailer trash anyway.

View more comments (7)

Best Buy Markville - Yelled at by manager

I walked into the store with all the old cell phones I had found around my house wanting to trade them in for the flipswap deal that was going on for the $20 gift card for each old cell phone traded in. Instead of being helped by the people working in mobile, the manager rudely asks what I'm here for and before I finish explaining, he tells me there's no such thing and that my cell phones are so old that I'm just wasting time there. Clearly there was such thing as I have a friend working at another location in mobile who told me about this offer and it was online as well. So I waited for another mobile worker there to help me, he was more than willing to help, he logged on and looked up the phones and was ready to run everything through. The manager was peering over his shoulders the whole entire time, ready to prove me wrong. He then clicked an additional link saying that I had to trade in an Android or an iPhone to get the gift card. Who in their right mind will trade in an Android or iPhone to get $20 from Best Buy?! I can sell it on eBay and get more than 10x that amount. While he was all up in my face, raising his voice at me and saying "See, I told you. Now you're just wasting your time," he was helping this other poor customer who had been waiting there for probably an hour to get his phone plan fixed. And he also rudely raised his voice at this customer too. Then I told the manager about how the other stores were giving the offer and he tells me, "Why don't you go there then? I'm not going to give it to you." Umm, IS THAT EVEN ALLOWED? He's just a mere manager, not the owner of the store. I was furious, and didn't want to bother with this terrible person anymore and gathered all my stuff and left. This was my first time at Best Buy mobile, and will absolutely, without a doubt, be my last. This was the first time I've been yelled at by this kind of customer service. Totally unprofessional and rude. Best Buy needs to work on checking up on who they hire, because I am definitely not going back. Customer service... yeah, right. You know what was a waste of my time? Having to interact with this kind of person.

Worst customer service among BB in town!!!

The customer was a total ***

How do you know was you there? Some people are just born ***!

I have the feeling this didn't happen exactly the way you're telling it. It sounds a little too one-sided.

View more comments (3)

BestBuy sold my product to someone else. | Best Buy in Houston, Texas

I purchased a washer and dryer on Cyper Monday for my son's family as a Christmas present. It was a limited quantity item and one that when it sold out, that was it. I was able to purchase a set, and paid for it on my ccd. I opted not to have it delivered in the next few days, but to have it delivered on the 23rd as a suprised. On the 21, I got a call that it would be delivered between 10-12 (hang up). Ok, so the next minute I get a call that it is out of stock and can be delivered the 29th. I called and made a complaint, I was offered free delivery. I asked if a manager would call me back, and was told yes. You guessed it, no call. Not even a call to the recipent telling them they had rec'd a washer and dryer and it would be delivered later. Thanks Best Buy, you screwed what would have been a great Christmas present up with your greed. If you didn't have my set of appliances you wouldn't have slotted my delivery. Someone pulled the set I purchased off the schedule to fullfill someone elses order. I am posting this every place I can. I also tried to post this on a stores review site, but it hasn't shown up. Why am I not suprised? I plan on making myself known to you!

If ya gonna *** about a corporation such as Best Buy. At least spell *** right. A little grammar goes along way ho

Best Buy is the last place I would ever purchase anything, I learned several years ago and have not bought anything from them since. FYI, Poindexter is a closet ***, and does not know how to come out and vents through the internet. How sad!

*** Simon

She bought a Christmas Gift. It was promised to arrive before Christmas.

She got no Christmas gift. She posted on a Complaints board.

Of course, everyone else can see that, so I'm just wasting my time trying to teach an *** that he's an ***.

Yep, you got me. I work at Best Buy.

Excellent detective work. Not agreeing with a consumer is clear cut evidence of my employment. Check out my comments on Wal-Mart and Target as well. I work there too.

Commiting fraud?

Yep, arrest those *** men! LOL, you are too funny. Since we are guessing occupations, I'm guessing you're a stand up comedian that really sucks at their job. Die in a fire?

Because of a post?

LMAO!!!! You're sooo funny!

Wow, both immediate comments are rude *** who apparently work at Best Buy. Doesn't matter if it was about material items, Simon, you *** handler. It's about CUSTOMER SERVICE and delivering AS PROMISED. A big corporation like Best Buy has to follow the rules too, it's not just the consumer's responsibility to get screwed and like it.

Free shipping to make up for screwing up a delivery and essentially committing fraud by selling an item they didn't have? You're a ***, and you should die in a fire.

Poindexter: You're a little turd who likes to talk *** over the internet. You don't have the balls to ever face up to someone IRL like that I bet, you ***.

guess what you *** eaters? this is a complaint board, and that's a valid complaint. Tell your bosses at Best Buy that pay you $10/hour to stop having you spam forums, you *** worthless maggots.

Get over it already. I'm sorry your Christmas is ruined without your material items. Even with you explaining to the person what you bought, I bet since they can't actually see it Christmas is ruined forever. Boo hoo.

They made a mistake. They offered you free shipping to make up for it. I bet the manager didn't call you back because he doesn't want to listen to you whine and cry about your ruined Christmas.

It really isn't as big of a deal as you're making it.

View more comments (6)

Lied to me | Best Buy in Livingston, New Jersey

I bought a iphone.At Best Buy. I was sold insurance for it. I accidentally drop it. I was told I would get a new iphone when I bought the insurance. But when you read the stuff I get a used one an have to wait on it. Now the used one has black spots on the screen and the battery doesn't last 3 or 4 hours ( depends on how much you use it ) So I went to the store to do something about it. I was ask to leave before I even opened my mouth. I was told I make them nervous, because I'm a Biker. Well The Chopper I ride is a $ 38,000.oo dollars Chopper. I'm real sure it isn't against the Law to be a Biker. I'm always clean. I never wear anything that has the Name of the Bike group I belong to. I won't even wear anything that say's Harley Davidson on it. The store manager told me when the first phone was broke. They don't want my kind in their store. HOW WOULD THEY KNOW MY KIND . THEY DON'T KNOW ME. I'M A RETIRED UNITED STATES MARINE. I need an apology, the iphone fixed, and if I was to decide to ever shop, in that store again, not to be followed, an treated like a criminal.

This is common sense. Why would they replace your phone with a new one if you dropped it?

Couldn't you just purposely drop the phone every couple of months and get a new one? Durrr

And yes I read a lot of complaints and I know your kind.

You're the retired veteran of 10 wars with PSTD, epiliptic, cancer patient, single mother with 6 kids and a retail store stole your money. It's a real tearjerker.

@Simon

Simon and you are a useless uneducated ***.

That's sad that happened. They shouldn't have asked you to leave if you wasn't doing anything wrong just because you look different.

Phone repairs there do take forever, so does the ones at other cell stores.

I had my phone go through a repair at Best Buy and my husbands at a T-Mobile store.

About the same amount of time. I didn't have to pay a rental fee at best buy for a loaner phone.

This G

If you want to raise a stink about it, I'd say go to your local news. I'm sure they'd love to hear a story about a major retailer in their local area that is so prejudiced and is profiling their customers.

Another note: the insurance for the phone does state that you would have to wait for a phone.

It's all promises up front but nothing but disappointment on the follow through.

Also, if you wanted your phone fixed instead of replaced, you'd have to shell out $150 for a "rental phone" for the 4-6 weeks your phone is out "getting fixed". I knew about these parameters before I paid for the insurance and got it anyway because I'm a clumsy person and don't want to be completely SOL if I drop my phone.

View more comments (3)
Best Buy Manager
I quit my job at best buy about three months ago. I worked there for almost exactly a year, and it is by FAR the worst job I have ever had. I am continually amazed at how much better my current job is. I picked up the job right after I graduated college until I...

I am an employee and this story is true for me 2,

View more comments

Best Buy Colma, Store Manager Mr. Richard

I went to Best Buy in Colma on the 1st of December and bought a Sony laptop. I spend 825.00 on that and when I took it home, the packing was missing the laptop battery. I thought that was a bit unusual and took it back to the store. This is what happened??? I went back to the same store and requested to talk to a manager. I explained him what happened and he tells me that he can not do anything about that. I was shocked, spended $825.00 buying this laptop and I can not even use it. The manager's name was Richard and I don't think he belongs there. I am a rewards member with Best buy and shop with them for years. If I had to buy something, the only place I went to was best buying but not anymore! After what I went through. The frustrating part was the way the manager talked to me. I request him if I could talk to someone higher then him. Mr. Richard tells me that he is the only one but that is not right, there should be someone higher then him. I felt that I was not treated right and this smart Manager tells me to call 911 if I needed help. A store manager tells me that. Few words about this 911 number is for emergence only and if a store manager does not know that then he is a danger to his co workers as well as his customers. I don't know how best buy picks this managers but I think that they need to work on that. I will never go back to best buy and I am sure that I will tell everyone what service I got at the Best Buy store in Colma, CA

So at what level would you be satisfied with the word NO? His boss?

His bosses boss? The CEO?

The President of the United States?

It sucks that this happened to you, but when a manager tells you no, you need to move on. His boss probably doesn't deal with customers and even if he did, he isn't going to side with you over his manager.

2 things:

-Sounds like that manager was a *** so that's the normal kind of manager at best buy

-Was the laptop factory sealed or was it opened and re-sealed when you bought it? Factory sealed laptop would mean you would have to talk to Sony about it.

View more comments (1)