Called Store Spoke to Geek SQUAD

Adviced him I purchased A TV on 02/03/2012 today was 03/17/2012

sound wasnt working on tv less than 2 months old.

Was told to bring it in for a refund exchange spoke with agent JC..

Even Told Me They Could Do a Over Ride.

Well Stephanie Comes Out The Low end Manager and says its past 30 return..

Sorry... I asked For A STORE MANAGER SHE TOLD ME HE WASNT WORKING TODAY...

Walked OFF FOUND THE STORE MANAGER 2 MINUTES LATER!!!!!!

SHE LIED TO A CUSTOMER@!!!!!

IRRATED THIS IS THE SECOND PURCHASE IVE BEEN BURNED ON...

SEE YOU IN COURT BEST BUY!!!

BURN ME ONCE SHAME ON ME

BURN ME TWICE SHAME ON YOU...

Comments

Best_Buy_Tom
Tampa, Florida, United States #933758

For those of you who don't understand...Best Buy has a 30 day return period on TVs, even if you purchased it online, you can return it to the store. If it's PAST 30 days, then it falls within whatever the manufacturer's warranty states for service.

In this case, that warranty is 2 YEARS. The important words to remember are DEFECTS IN MANUFACTURER'S WORKMANSHIP. Those four little words are very important! That means, that if your TV fails for whatever the covered reason, that's what THEY have to cover.

If your dog chewed through the cable, you spilled your wine on top, you dropped it, Billy cracked the screen with a bat...those things ARE NOT covered! But, anything having to do with what is reasonably expected with the operation of the TV is covered by warranty! A price match has nothing to do with it...having another one in stock has nothing to do with it! From your date of purchase (or, from the date you physically too delivery, if it's an item that had to be delivered) that unit is covered for 365 days (times two, for this one!) under the terms of that warranty!

Now, should you decide to purchase any additional warranties (Geek Squad Plans), it may augment or cover certain other issues not covered by the manufacturer's warranty (power surge issues, etc), but it can NOT precede nor supersede that manufacturer's warranty!

Now, in THIS particular case, had this customer kept his head about him, the store (at it's discretion) CAN choose to a) replace the unit, outright...b) exchange the defective unit for another of the same make/model...c) allow the customer to upgrade into a better/perception or not OR different set altogether!

You can believe me or not, but I worked for Best Buy (on their sales floor, in multiple departments, in multiple stores, in multiple states) for twenty years, so I think I'm pretty qualified to know what I'm talking about. And as far as the "I WAS LIED TO" defense goes? MEH!

Store Managers have a lot of things on their plates, and they have assistant managers and department managers to handle the issues in their departments.

For any customer to actually be able to corner one of these rare birds at any given time is EXTREMELY rare...and, usually, they are going to ask the department manager's for their input, anyway!

Still...I'd be interested to know how it all worked out for you.

You would know where to go to find knee pads that are on sale wouldn't you, Dustinwayne?

You do realize that best buy does not make the products that are for sell in their store right? Your Samsung or Sony TV doesn't say Best Buy, it has the name of the manufacturer on it.

That's why products have a 1 year manufacturers warranty and additional warranties are offered at the time of purchase. To the other comments on here.... REALLY? Are you fu#&king kidding me????

Contacting the attorney general and consumer rights protection over something so ***. What would they protect you from? Having common sense? It's an epidemic of stupidity on here.

That is the very definition of a frivolous law suit. Good luck.

I hope you win your case against this unethical company. They could only be describes as dishonest.They tell you one thing and when its time to honor the agreement they fine the fine print.

I hope they go out of business soon.

i will be happy to see them close. WORSTBUY

IHateStupidCustomers

this Dustin guy is a complete ***. he'll take Best Buy to court and forget what's even going on.

File complaints with the BBB,FTC and the Attorney General in your state. One of these may be able to help you with the Best Buy problem. I guess best Buy thinks they are above the law.

Have you contact the ATTORNEY GENERAL (Consumer Rigths Proection )?

You may have a rights under the Lemon term

Also Bestbuy has been build a reputation of constantly violating Consumer Rights.

Best Buy must inform you, that any product may have their own guaranty policy ( by brand ),which you are not entiled to buy .

Before asked you to get any warranty offered by Best Buy.

well no duh the tv broke any how it is an insignia the are the worst company look up all the complaints

dustinwayne2010 ,

I hope you do take Best Buy to court and win your $80 - that way you'll only have $1920 to spend in lawyer fees instead of $2000.

Honest4Sure

OP I would love to back you but i can't. Past the 30 day return policy stated everywhere.

What one *** employee says on the phone is irrelevant. You're under mfr warranty and BBY is NOT an authorized repair center for any mfr. Under GS plans, the only thing they do is send products out to a repair facility.

If you sue you will lose hands down. Use the mfr warranty and contact them.

dustinwayne2010

Well If They Would HAve EXchanged it oraginally the first time i complained Before the 30 return..

Day 2 of having it in my poss. and instead of telling me to allow it 100 hours burn time... to break in...

they got me on a laptop.. my fault show have not gave them a second chance... but if this happen to you, you would feel the same way..

that is unless ur a worst buy employee...

Sorry I ment Best Buy...

HAd a Lawyer look into thier policys..

Its Funny They Gave me Such A Hard Time.. And Run Around But Failed to Mention no lemon policy.. And YEs I ll take them to court $80

For BLack TIe PRotexction And No Repair OR NO Honoring MAnf. Warrenty..

P.S Everyone taking up for best buy,, Did I mention Knee Pads Are On Sell At Lowes?

dustinwayne2010

that is unless ur a worst buy employee...

Sorry I ment Best Buy...

HAd a Lawyer look into thier policys..

For BLack TIe PRotexction And No Repair OR NO Honoring MAnf. Warrenty..

IHateStupidCustomers

even though I feel kind of bad for him, what a ***. you can't take a retail store to court just because they denied your return while still following their own policy.

#452002

First thing, I would not talk to Geek Squad about a TV, as they work on computers and such. So why not speak to the manager first before hauling a TV back, instead of "computers"? :grin

Secondly... "see you in court"? On what grounds? For not exchanging a TV past a policy? Making an exception just for you, what makes you so special? :cry

Im sure you were offered service on the TV but think you are entitled to a new one because it is inconvient to pick up a book.

Honestly, it's people like this that is ruining our world with their almighty weapon of choice, "IM GONNA SUE." But cry babys give me a job as an underwriter.

SIGH

they are forced to be obnoxious and try to sell everything you might need because of customers like this one that will complain and threaten to sue if they are not offered a warranty but complain when you offer them the warranty.cant blame best buy you bought a *** off brand tv.

"see you in court" what exactly are you going to sue them for? You think you can afford better lawyers than best buy? Could luck pal!

I don't shop at Best Buy....I have heard and seen too many bad things about them. I think it is an obnoxious store to shop in, and can never seem to get help when you need it.