Best Buy is not responsible for their FALSE ADVERTISING?
Bought a laptop this Christmas from BB's website. It would have been a great deal for a 2.4Ghz processor, 4G of RAM and a Tb of hard drive. I selected it and paid for it. Christmas Eve it came! However, immediately I realized how slow it was and checked the system properties. It was only a 1.8Ghz processor!
Called BB which started a never-ending blame game. Each rep I spoke with took sometimes an hour to convince them that the computer I received was not the computer listed on their site. Many times my call would be dropped by BB and they would NEVER call me back even though they have both my home and cell... AND my email address. (They say it is their policy not to call back. ?)
In the end, I had chatted and spoken with 15 different reps. I finally got to "Escalations" to which I was under the impression that this department would make amends. Instead, he told me that it was certainly a "misprint" and that BB was NOT RESPONSIBLE for misprints. I would either have to settle for what I received or I could send it back for a refund. But they would NOT send me what I paid for.
This shouldn't have surprised me. After I realized that I had received the wrong computer, I went to write a review about it, warning others about what they would receive. However, I found out that there were 5 other customers who had already written reviews about the same thing. FROM A MONTH AGO!!!~!! And BB still has not changed the "misprint."
This is false advertising. I wonder how many customers have purchased this laptop and are not savy enough to figure out that it is not what they paid for?
I realize that mistakes can be made. But I have never done business with a company that takes no responsibility for its mistakes. I want what I paid for or at least some sort of concession. What is really upsetting is that I paid $329 for this laptop at Christmas and then just after Christmas they lower the price to $299. They can change the prices.... Why can't they change the description on the specs????? So they continue to mislead.
Somebody should sue!
More Review Details
What I liked
- Wide variety of products
What I disliked
- Customer service
- False advertising
- Slow to assist
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Lenovo Laptop
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Best buy is a horrible place. MY 1st expierence with them was in the store. I wanted to purchase an item they had on the shelf. They wouldnt sell it..."
- "A couple weeks ago purchased washer & dryer. They said they will call to inform time of delivery. The day of delivery was was December 26th 2014. It turns out..."
- "I dont even know how to describe my experience I had during weekend. So I'll just explain what happened one by one, and want to ask you what you think..."
- "I ordered my son a basketball hoop as a Christmas gift from the Home Depot website on December 22nd, 2016. The delivery was supposed to be delivered on the first..."
- "Service guy came spent 5 minutes or less. He did not leave a list of things he checked or serviced, nothing to sign or review, just said goodbye and walked..."
- "So I have worked for the company for a few years now at a few different chains in a few different states. Each time transferring easily to my current postion..."
- "Absolutely AWFUL!! Ordered what was supposed to be the first pic for my Mother In Law for her special day tomorrow and second pic is what was received. Could..."
- "I purchased a new Miele S8390 FreshAir Canister Vacuum July 31, 2015, $599.00 Online from Amazon.com from Winchester vacuums. My complaint is the same product flaw I had I n my old Meile..."