Bought a laptop this Christmas from BB's website. It would have been a great deal for a 2.4Ghz processor, 4G of RAM and a Tb of hard drive. I selected it and paid for it. Christmas Eve it came! However, immediately I realized how slow it was and checked the system properties. It was only a 1.8Ghz processor!
Called BB which started a never-ending blame game. Each rep I spoke with took sometimes an hour to convince them that the computer I received was not the computer listed on their site. Many times my call would be dropped by BB and they would NEVER call me back even though they have both my home and cell... AND my email address. (They say it is their policy not to call back. ?)
In the end, I had chatted and spoken with 15 different reps. I finally got to "Escalations" to which I was under the impression that this department would make amends. Instead, he told me that it was certainly a "misprint" and that BB was NOT RESPONSIBLE for misprints. I would either have to settle for what I received or I could send it back for a refund. But they would NOT send me what I paid for.
This shouldn't have surprised me. After I realized that I had received the wrong computer, I went to write a review about it, warning others about what they would receive. However, I found out that there were 5 other customers who had already written reviews about the same thing. FROM A MONTH AGO!!!~!! And BB still has not changed the "misprint."
This is false advertising. I wonder how many customers have purchased this laptop and are not savy enough to figure out that it is not what they paid for?
I realize that mistakes can be made. But I have never done business with a company that takes no responsibility for its mistakes. I want what I paid for or at least some sort of concession. What is really upsetting is that I paid $329 for this laptop at Christmas and then just after Christmas they lower the price to $299. They can change the prices.... Why can't they change the description on the specs????? So they continue to mislead.
Somebody should sue!
More Review Details
What I liked
- Wide variety of products
What I disliked
- Customer service
- False advertising
- Slow to assist
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Lenovo Laptop
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I ordered an ASUS GTX660ti graphics card from Newegg, after using it I became dissatisfied with it's performance. I returned the graphics card in working and in the same condition..."
- "I brought in my laptop because the screen had burn marks on it. So I brought it for repairs, said it would take about 3 weeks to fix. I was..."
- "I went into Best Buy today and took in my Mini to be bought back for in store credit towards an Retina MacBook Pro. It was in BEAUTIFUL condition. Yesterday..."
- "Absolutely AWFUL!! Ordered what was supposed to be the first pic for my Mother In Law for her special day tomorrow and second pic is what was received. Could..."
- "I purchased a new Miele S8390 FreshAir Canister Vacuum July 31, 2015, $599.00 Online from Amazon.com from Winchester vacuums. My complaint is the same product flaw I had I n my old Meile..."
- "thanks for always give us the best quality kitchen cabinets, i must say, your service and price is very good, your serivce make me very happy. It is really an..."
- "My over all experience with this dealership since I got my 2016 Colorado four months ago. My sales experience was good they do the typical push you into stuff..."
- "Unpacked my purchases. Put the packet on my dresser along with other items in the bag. Later came back to put purchases away. The packet was stuck to my dresser...."