Shelby, North Carolina
100% full Not resolved

Bought a laptop this Christmas from BB's website. It would have been a great deal for a 2.4Ghz processor, 4G of RAM and a Tb of hard drive. I selected it and paid for it. Christmas Eve it came! However, immediately I realized how slow it was and checked the system properties. It was only a 1.8Ghz processor!

Called BB which started a never-ending blame game. Each rep I spoke with took sometimes an hour to convince them that the computer I received was not the computer listed on their site. Many times my call would be dropped by BB and they would NEVER call me back even though they have both my home and cell... AND my email address. (They say it is their policy not to call back. ?)

In the end, I had chatted and spoken with 15 different reps. I finally got to "Escalations" to which I was under the impression that this department would make amends. Instead, he told me that it was certainly a "misprint" and that BB was NOT RESPONSIBLE for misprints. I would either have to settle for what I received or I could send it back for a refund. But they would NOT send me what I paid for.

This shouldn't have surprised me. After I realized that I had received the wrong computer, I went to write a review about it, warning others about what they would receive. However, I found out that there were 5 other customers who had already written reviews about the same thing. FROM A MONTH AGO!!!~!! And BB still has not changed the "misprint."

This is false advertising. I wonder how many customers have purchased this laptop and are not savy enough to figure out that it is not what they paid for?

I realize that mistakes can be made. But I have never done business with a company that takes no responsibility for its mistakes. I want what I paid for or at least some sort of concession. What is really upsetting is that I paid $329 for this laptop at Christmas and then just after Christmas they lower the price to $299. They can change the prices.... Why can't they change the description on the specs????? So they continue to mislead.

Somebody should sue!

Review about: Lenovo Laptop.

I liked: Wide variety of products.

I didn't like: Customer service, False advertising, Slow to assist.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not as described / $329
Preferred solution Deliver product or service ordered

Had an Experience with Best Buy?

Comments

Document everything and just to the CEO. It does work!

derek841
Brighton, Michigan, United States #935466

Best_Buy_Tom is absolutely correct! I understand that most people don't understand or have the time to research cpu performance, but I just looked up the specs online and the laptop does have the ability to run 2.4 ghz at optimal settings. Please don't blame BBY for this one.

Best_Buy_Tom
Tampa, Florida, United States #933700

Well, you could sue, but you'd lose. The A6-6310 is rated at between 1.8-2.4 Ghz, depending on the boost clock settings.