6300 Grandview Pkwy, Davenport, FL 33837

Best Buy is an antiqued 20th century retailer that will soon be obsolete like Circuit City. You would think that a retailer that specializes in technology would invest in modern point of sale computer system to track all their customer transaction, but they don’t.

They still operate under a 1983 business model which is why Amazon will eventuality put them out of business.

On May 24, 2019 I made a purchase of a Polk Soundbar System in the Best Buy Florida Mall. On August 30, 2019 the soundbar stop working. I keep the box, but I misplaced the receipt. I made purchase using my debit card so looked up the transaction and made a copied of the statement to show proof of purchase.

I attempted to exchange the soundbar at the 6300 Grandview Pkwy, Davenport, FL 33837 Best Buy location.

I was rudely treated by the customer rep because I did not have a receipt. I conveyed to her that I have proof of the purchase and the box with the bill of lading that shows this product originated from Best Buy Florida Mall.

I requested the assistance of the manager and, he exhausted all his efforts attempting to locate the transaction in their system. Unfortunately, he could not find it.

If I would have purchase the soundbar in Amazon they would have a happily exchanged the product.

The lesson to be learned is that Best Buy is no longer the best buy when it comes to electronics and customer service.

Preferred solution: Simple Exchange for a better product. I was willing to pay more money for a better product..

Best Buy Cons: Were condescending.

Comments

Its also simple to hold onto your receipts but that sounds like antiquated crazy talk. Im guessing it also had to do with being outside their return policy.

To hope a company goes out of business and putting people out of work is a very selfish comment. Im glad you got nothing.

@Anonymous