3171 N President George Bush Hwy, Garland, TX 75040, USA
1.8

I purchased a $400 television as a Christmas gift for my adult daughter. It completely stopped working two months later.

And, unless I had purchased the $100 protection plan, there is nothing Best Buy will do. I would understand that if the television was a year old, but it's 2 months old. It literally hung on her wall, barely being touched for probably 6 weeks before it just stopped working. Most stores have a 90 day return policy!

Best Buy will sell faulty products so people will need their expensive protection plans! Yes, we can contact the manufacturer of the television, but that is going to require my daughter to have to miss work to be home for the worker and to be without a television while hers is repaired. Best Buy could give her a new one and then send the faulty one they had no trouble selling us back to the manufacturer, but since it didn't break by mid-January, we are on our own.

Yes, I will definitely be taking my business elsewhere from now on!

If you do shop there, you probably do need to buy the protection plan, because there's a very good chance you'll need! I like to shop places that appreciate my business!

Product or Service Mentioned: Best Buy Customer Care.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: exchange defective television for a new one.

Comments

You will have this issue with any retailer. If you do not purchase an extended coverage plan (even if you do and it's a manufacturer covered issue) and you do not attempt to return the product within the clearly posted return period (90 days on non-major appliances and electronics.

14 days for most large appliances and electronics) then why would the retailer, who sold to you in good faith, eat the cost of a new item? They don't get remunerated by the manufacturer.

Call the manufacturer, as if the product was defective that is their fault, and not that of the retailer. Television isn't exactly an essential anyway.

Best Buy Reviews