Filter by rating :
9 of 59 reviews with 1-star rating. Clear filter
filters

Received an e-gift card and was not able to use it online. | Best Buy

I received $192.00 e-gift card and placed an online order4/27/2017. After receiving a confirmation email, I received a cancellation email a few minutes later. I called customer service and they could see the $192.00, so they entered the order for me and received order confirmation. We hung up and I received another cancellation notification. Again I called CS and was told to go to the local store and have them place the order. There the CS guy placed my order, acting as though I was entering it incorrectly. The Order went through but 30 minutes later again I received a cancel notice. During the next 3 days I went round and round with CS and ended up in the same spot. They sent my case to some mystery person(with no phone number or name) and I was told they would investigate. Day 4, 1-1/2 hours on phone and a supervisor told me in 48 hours they are going to send my information to the gift card the department and Mail a new gift card. Which means at least another week before I receive access to my funds and then another 2-4 days to receive my order(items are not in local store). I asked why they couldn't just push my order through or send another e-gift card, was told that is not their policy's procedure..now that I very much despise Best Buy, I am still to buy from them
Order processing issue

Best Buy - Gift Card Review

Update by user Oct 02, 2016

Part of a promotion for appliance sale. (Buy 3+ major kitchen appliances and receive $400 gift card)

Original review posted by user Oct 01, 2016

I was to receive a Best Buy gift card for $400. It was cloned and was BB refuses to refund me anything that was spend by the fraudster after the post office delivered the card to my door- in Virginia. Even though the fraudulent purchases were made before and after delivery to me from a store in Georgia. Card was delivered to me at 1:30pm and purchases were made hundreds of miles away at 2:30 and they refused to acknowledge that it would have been impossible for that to happen and that their poor internal controls allow for this to happen. They will never acknowledge the issue publicly because no personal identifying information (PII) was compromised. But their customers suffer. Well.... Make that a former customer now.
Problems with payment

Non Payment | GiftCardRescue in Yuma, Arizona

Was offered $22.00 each for two(2) $25.00 gift cards, on 2/20/2016 for a total of $44.00. Sent the cards as per there request, costing me $7.00....They received the cards and I was told via email that my check was mailed on 3/11/2016...Have NOT received it. I have emailed them, left messages for a call back as they don't answer there phone, and have heard nothing...This was the first time I had ever done anything like this and after being out all the money, I will not do it again....I allowed them to STEAL those gift cards from me "Shame on me"............
Best Buy Gift Card
Cons
  • Customer service and untruthful
Problems with payment
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered
Tags
  • Resale Of Gift Cards

BestBuy lies netflix giftcard useless | Best Buy in Dedham, Massachusetts

1.4
I have been duped lied too and cheated on many occasions ie. the 25$ netflix card gift card cannot be used as a gift for anyone under 18 ... i went to return it for refund best buy said not our problem netflix got the money not us i called netflix and guess what they said not our problem bestbuy got the money talk w them its been 3yrs of trying to get them to refund money i spent on gift card and never used... now netflix says they have no records past 1 yr ago and best buy says oh too bad! i recently called best buy and ssd to be installed they said 40$ to install it i asked them do i have to leave the pc they said no it would take 5-10 mins to install i said ok ill be there within an hr i brought the pc into geek squad in dedham mass only to be told to leave the pc they couldnt possibly do that while i waited ... furthermore telling me the geeks where out sick they had noone to install it i was told by the acting *** manager i was pissed what a waste of time i was mad that i was lied to then i was made to feel like it was my fault for believing they could install a ssd while i waited so i asked if i leave it with the geeks how much would it cost the *** manager told me he didn't know until they installed it saying we might have to do this and that i told the *** manager you suck and *** you lieing *** thanks for wasted 2 hrs of my time on my day off ...i took my pc and left .i will never trust bestbuy or even think of purchaseing anything from them ever again best buy sucks !
Acey

Installation of a new hard drive, SSD or not is rather a simple procedure. Open up the machine, clean and dust it(good opportunity to do so)and then disconnect the old and put in the new.

It's really just unplugging the old and plugging in the new as the cable(s) should be the same. No reason to pay someone to do something as simple as this.

Mattias
@Acey

i agree installing and ssd is quite simple on most pc's but not with a dell ! dell has made it very difficult to install..

possibly the piece of *** dell i just bought and shortly sent back!

was defective and thats y i asked the geek to install one that they had on sale.the dell pc was nothing but a problem right from the time i got it.mos later when they refunded the purchase minus 170.00$ not only did i get screwed by best buy but by dell too! put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Review
#820818 Review #820818 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Best Buy Gift Card
Pros
  • Convenient location
  • Nearby
  • I didnt i dont
Cons
  • Them stealing my hard earned money or wasteing my time and gas
  • Wasteing my time
  • Wasteing my time stealing my money

Best Buy - Gift Card Review from Denver, Colorado

My boyfriend purchased a couple of video games online with my credit card, when he was completing his purchase he noticed his default address was set to his brothers because his last purchase was a christmas gift. He changed the address but when he submitted the order he noticed the address was only changed on one of the games. He called immediately after he submitted the order and was told he needed to wait 24 hours to call and correct it. When he called again after exactly 24 hours, he was told it was too late and he would have to wait until he recieved notice it shipped to call back. He talked to a supervisor who claimed to have fixed it but still reveived notice that it was being shipped to the wrong address. When he called the third time they were still unable to guarentee that it will be diveryed to the wrong address so three phone calls and three hours later we are still waiting for the package to not arrive so we can call for a fourth time and maybe finally get a package sent to the right address. We will not be ordering from them ever again!

Booo! Your *** boyfriend made the mistake. Don't be mad at best buy that they can't fix his problems.

Order processing issue

Best Buy Gift Cards

I went online to buy a gift card and notice the price that you had 200.00 for 15.00. I'm not for if it was a mistake or not I order 6 of them and took the money out of acct. and then sent an email 2 day later stating they cancelled the order. Best Buy is suppose to sale the cards for the same amount they had posted, but they just cancelled my order for no reason. Shame on Best Buy for not sending my items as I order, I will never buy from them again. Finally, I will make it my business have all my friends and family not spend there money with this company. PS I will keep writing bad reviews about this company every chance I get.
MattD78

First of all, you knowingly tried to rip off Best Buy by taking advantage of an obvious error. Second:

We try to be as accurate as possible.

However, we do not warrant that product descriptions or other Site content is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. Prices and promotions are subject to change, and may vary from those offered in our stores. We cannot confirm the availability or price of an item until you place your order.

You are a real *** if you think that deal was real.

Problem with delivery
Full refund

Best Buy - Gift Card Review from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

My wife & I purchased a 40 inch Samsung TV from Best Buy in Whitehall, PA. When we got it home & mounted it on the wall we found that the smart features of the TV did not work. Sadly this is the only reason we bought the TV seeing as we weren't hooking it up to cable or satellite. I contacted Best Buys Customer Service Team & spoke with Jennifer. She promised me that Best Buy would exchange the TV & give me a free upgrade seeing as this model didn't work & as compensation for my troubles. She told me that I would have to call back the next day & speak with the store manager so this could be done. I called back the next day & the manager refused to honor the deal that was made. I then called the corporate office & spoke with the Customer Service Team who refused to do anything to fix the problem. They then put me though to Executive Customer Service who promised to send me a $75 gift card (which they never did ). Then I called Executive Customer Service again & spoke with Andrew Chase who also promised that Best Buy would be willing to exchange my TV with a free upgrade if the representative Jennifer promised that. He promised to listen to the taped conversation & get back to me in 24 hours. He never called back as promised. Over a week later he called back & told me he wasn't honoring the deal he made with me. I had the named of the man who is in charge of the customer service team so I called the corporate office & asked for him. The operator told she was transferring me to his office. This lying *** didn't do what she promised & instead put me back to Executive Customer Service Department. I am now stuck with a broken TV. This company doesn't care at all about it's customers & they are consistant liars. They refuse to put you through to the people you ask for in the corporate office. In my eyes it's because the big wigs only care about counting the money from the customers & not about you if you have a problem. This company has forever lost my business & I hope you will join in BOYCOTT of BEST BUY. Please don't be *** like I was & put your trust in a company that just doesn't care about you. If this company wants to contact me in regard to this matter they are more than welcome to but i want no one from Executive Customer Service Department to contact me seeing as they are liars.

Contact the manufacturer of the TV and work something out with them and then never go to bb again!!

@4x5n

We did contact Samsung & they promised a call back in 48 hours in regard to the matter but they never called back. I then contacted them back & they wanted to send a tech to my house to try & fix it.

I told them I didn't want to be stuck with a defective TV that has issues from the start. I asked them to exchange it with a free upgrade but they refused that offer.

Don't hold your breathe waiting for a response. Next time go elsewhere like all former customers do.

@No Best Buy

Sadly all the electronic stores must have the mentality. 2 years ago we bought a 60 inch LG TV & Blu Ray Player that when we plugged it in it caught the wires on fire & smoke started pouring out of the Blu Ray Player, our Directv DVR & the back of the TV.

I contacted hhGregg & they refused to do anything about it since it was less than a month old & any thing less than a month old is supposed to be taken care of by the manufacture. LG refused to do anything cause they are just plain *** So in

both Best Buys & hhGreggs cases BUYER BEWARE!

View more comments (3)
Damaged or defective

Never buy from Best Buy

Will NEVER buy from Best Buy again. Here is one for you. My 10 year old son saved up for 4 years to purchase an iPad. We purchased the iPad, it was shipped to us. It required a signature and no one was home when the UPS guy came. I had my son give him a call in order to get him used to dealing with people on the phone. He was hung up on 4 times. FOUR TIMES. I finally called. I was flaming. They were unable to reroute the iPad to a different address so it was returned to them. Once I saw on my tracking number that their warehouse had received it, I called them to have it routed to my work address instead. It arrived promptly. However, a couple days later when checking the bank accounts, I noticed they had also refunded the money to us. I waited a couple of months and they did not correct the mistake. Out of showing my son what the right thing to do was, we called them to tell them of their mistake. What did they offer us in return? First of all, in order to tell them I waiting on the phone for 45 minuets and was transferred 3 times. Then, they offered a $10.00 gift card. How nice. Best buy has horrible customer service and should probable get their processes and procedures figured out. Don't purchase from these guys.

You had an issue with UPS and got a free iPad from Best Buy and you're pissed at Best Buy? Wow.

@Anon

Yeah, that threw me off too.

Best Buy Gift Card
Cons
  • Long wait
  • Slow to assist
  • Not enough stock
Full refund

Disappointed. Saved Best Buy From a Costly Mistake

I'm very disappointed with Best Buy. After alerting them to a mistake, which could have cost them hundreds of thousands of dollars in lost sales. Their response? First, all they offered is a 'tank you'. Then, when I sent an email to their customer service, they offered a $10 gift card. Seriously? A Best Buy customer saves their company hundreds of thousands of dollars in lost sales, alerts them to a pricing error they knew nothing about, and they offer a $10 gift card? I won't be alerting them to pricing errors on their website any more. Here's a clue for Best Buy: when a customer informs you of a major pricing error that saves you from hundreds of thousands of dollars in lost sales, reward them with something more than just a $10 gift card.

What would they do without you?!?! I had no idea you were so important to Best Buy.

You're right though, a $10 gift card is not enough. You deserve at least an $11 or $12 gift card.

What you did for Best Buy is amazing. We are all honored to have you posting here.

@Anonymous

I second that motion, you deserve a cookie!

MattD78

"We try to be as accurate as possible. However, we do not warrant that product descriptions or other Site content is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free.

Prices and promotions are subject to change, and may vary from those offered in our stores. We cannot confirm the availability or price of an item until you place your order. Despite our best efforts, rarely an item in our catalog may not be available, the offer may have been misstated, or an item may be mispriced. For any of these reasons, we may cancel your order or we may contact you for instructions on the order."

In other words Best Buy says prices can change or are in error, and if that happens they will cancel the affected orders and notify you of that.

Best Buy obviously protects themselves from egregious pricing errors, they don't need your help.

The $10 gift card was a courtesy. Not only are they under no obligation to 'reward' you, they have no need to since they simply would have cancelled the orders and pointed to their price policy that says "price was in error, too bad".

Prices of pre-orders are subject to change. There's a chance someone would have reviewed it in the weeks before relief.

You also have no idea how many sales they were going to have any for how much margin.

The set could sell for $125 and they might only actually make about $5 on the sale.

Don't consider yourself high and mighty.

I should also note that the pricing was on a pre-order set for $15 when the actual retail price of the item was more than $125. Since an unknown number of people set a pre-order for the item a very expensive Blu-ray boxed set, so much for Best Buy showing gratitude.

View more comments (4)
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

Best Buy Reviews