Best Buy Run Around

My daughter recieved a laptop computer for her birthday, which is New Years Eve. On March 10, of this year the screen went BLACK. It was only 2 and 1/2 months old. We had Black tie Warranty on it. We went to the Geek Squad. They said it will be back in 4 days, after 4 days, my daughter called, they said oh, it will be another week. ok, stuff happens, so after another week, I called they said oh, well it came back and wasnt working, we had to replace the motherboard. they said 3 to 5 business days, Ok folks, my daughter is a senior, she had papers to write, and facebook updates to make, bla bla bla. after 5 days i go up there, uh no its no here they say, do you have it? uh no i dont, you all do. oh yeah thats right. Its the end of march by now. Well, they wont get it back until april 20th cuz a part they need is on back order. I say, i want a new one. they say oh no, it has to be sent back 4 times until that happens, i say, its TWO MONTHS OLD. well thats the procedure. ok, 1 week goes by , i get a call, hey its here. ok, how can that be? you said april 20th? well they replaced the motherboard again, and the hard drive, ok we go up there at around 300pm . my daughter looks at it, its got dents, scracthes, scuffed up. chips out of the case, . we go back up there, i say i want a new one. this was not like this, i said we did not do this, we have only had it for 3 hours, i want a new one. Well we cant do that, we will send it back, I called consumer relations, best buy i have spoken with at least six different people. I was promised a replacement , a gift card for the purchase of a new laptop and told i would only speak with them. a week later i get a call from the store, its ready.
Alan C

Best Buy sends these out under warranty regardless of your Geek Squad plan. The repair depot bills the mfr in year 1.

While you paid a ton of money up front, there is and never was any CLAUSE guaranteeing turnaround time.

If you go directly through the mfr in YEAR 1, you are better off. Geek Squad are NOT hardware authorized repair services for any mfr.

Patrick

well.. I'll be honest.

most of the people on here complain about not being able to return a broken keyboard that they bought a year ago or a shirt that was worn a few times that couldn't be returned. or they complain that no one assisted them within 30 seconds even though they didn't ask for help. but this complaint is a really serious one for once. I'd be mad too if I was the original poster.

I mean the part about Facebook was dumb, I'm sure she used Facebook on her phone. but other than that, this complaint is completely valid.

View more comments (1)
Loss

Fraudulent!!! The points cost way more than the prize. But then they never sent the prize. | Best Buy in Newark, New Jersey

They charged an initial fee. Then I bought points and began to bid on a $100 gift card to Best Buy. It wound up costing about $200 for this $100 gift card and I considered it a lesson learned. But then I never received the Gift card. Several months later I was on the phone with BidSauce and given a royal runaround. First they said it was being mailed that week. For weeks that was what I was told. They kept saying they were a little backed up. After many months, they began to say that they had a different problem. They claimed that the gift cards came from a merchant who hadn't paid up. They continued to run their auctions but claimed that they couldn't use the money they were making to pay for my gift card. That was supposed to be from a different source who didn't come through. What hog wash!!! They told me to keep waiting as they were trying to work it out. It has been almost 2 years and I have long since given up on ever getting my gift card. PLEASE DO NOt PATRONIZE THIS SITE- YOU WILL GET THE SHAFT. FOREWARNED IS FOREARMED!

This has nothing to do with Best Buy.

First of all, how is this Best Buy's fault?

Secondly, who doesnt know that all those point auctions sites are complete scams? You're probably the type that sends $2000 to a Nigerian prince.

View more comments (1)
Best Buy Gift Card

Best Buy worse place to buy electronics

My boss recently purchased me a 50 dollar gift card to Best Buy and when I went to redeem it they scanned the card and told me that it was not activated correctly when it was originally purchased. Then they "couldn't find" the transaction in the computer and refused to honor the gift card. I have had several poor experiences at Best Buy and for that reason I normally will not shop there, however in this case it was a gift card and I didn't have much choice. There sales associates are rude, unprofessional and act like they could care less. Gift card or not, I will never set foot in another BestBuy

Just let your boss know. How is this Best Buy fault.

Why do you not go back to the person that gave you the gift card and let him find out why it was not honored. You just may need him to activate it.

Don't blame Best Buy. You did not purchase the gift card from them.

Also the gift card could have been bought at a grocery store and the store did not activate it correctly. Find out the facts before blaming Best Buy

Happens more than you think customer steel gift cards and give them out as gifts or even sell them with a 0$ balance that's why in your case the couldn't honor it.

Loss

I WANT MY MONEY BACK FROM BEST BUY!

I bought a set of headphones/ mic from Best Buy. The sales person insisted the pair I bought was a great choice, and told me it came with a 1 year warrenty. They didn't work, so I went back and exchanged them for another pair...again they didn't work. Upon bring them back yet again, the sales person convinced me that maybe it was just THAT particular model may have issues, and suggested another model that only cost a few dollars more. She seemed convinced it was a good choice, so I went ahead, confident in my purchase. Once again...they did not work. Being the last straw for me, I requested my money back since I WAS COVERED UNDER A 1 YEAR WARRENTY, AND IT HAS ONLY BEEN 1DAY. They are refusing to give me my money, and are trying to force a gift card down my throat. I DON'T EVER WANT TO SHOP THERE EVER AGAIN. I WANT MY MONEY BACK.

I PURCHASED THE MACBOOK PRO 2015 FROM BEST BUY AT 65 DUNDAS ST W, WITH THE EXTENDED WARRANTEE $499.00 FOR 4YRS INSURANCE PLAN. THIS COMPUTER COST ME ALMOST $3,000.00.

THE NEXT DAY I CALLED TO GET HELP FROM THEM WHICH IS THE GEEKSQUAD TEAM THEY SAID I DIDNT BUY THE SERVCE FROM THEM WHICH WILL BE AN OTHER COST FOR ME TO GET THE SERVICE FOR EACH TIME. MEANTIME THE PRODUCT STILL UNDER 1YR WARRANTEE.

THEREFOR, I THINK BEST BUY NOT REPRESENTING THE SERVCE FOR THE CLIENTS. I AM SO DISAPPOINTED.

Patrick

ugh you're an ***. it's a 1 year warranty through THE MANUFACTURER OF THE HEADPHONES, NOT BEST BUY YOU *** ***.

do you see a little factory in the back of Best Buy where they make products? didn't think so j*ckass.

John N

I think Simon is correct. Here is how you use headphones: open package.

Insert little itty-bitty plug into hole in device. Pull earphones over head, making sure padding covers your ear, not your nose, as I suspect you were doing initially. Turn of device. Listen to Sesame Street as usual.

If any problems for here on out, just call your mommy. She will fix all problems.

So after 3 sets of headphones, you couldn't get a single one to work? Really? Are you sure you know how to use headphones?

View more comments (3)

Best Buy: Worst Customer Service I have ever experienced

I tried to used a Best Buy gift card. The amount of the products I wanted amounted to bit over the value of the card, so following the prompts on the web site, I allowed Best Buy to charge the tiny overage balance to my credit card. I received a confirmation e-mail saying the entire amount of my purchase had been charged to my credit card. I called customer service, and after 45 minutes of listening to insipid Christmas music, was informed that there was "nothing they could do." I asked for a supervisor. No satisfaction. I asked for his supervisor. He claimed that he could do nothing, despite the fact that it was their fault, and and when he asked if I had any questions, I asked for his name and his supervisor. He refused to tell me his name or the name of his supervisor. I pointed out that unauthorized charges to a credit card are illegal, and that gift cards are pointless if you can't use them. So sorry, that's too bad. I hung up, and called corporate headquarters. They sent me back to the place I began--unbelievable run-around. I was treated abusively, and I will never, ever, do business with Best Buy again. DO NOT buy Best Buy gift cards, do not trust this company, and NEVER EVER do business with them. There is a corporate culture of lying and deception that is nothing short of disgusting, and they deserve to to be treated by potential customers with same disdain they reserve for customers.

horrible company... i placed an order for store pickup and got an email that said it was ready for pickup.

when i got to the store they said it wasn't available. Of course my card had been charged. they said they would ship one to me when it becomes available but wouldn't waive the $3.99 shipping charge.

I canceled. Waiting for refund.

Instead of spending all day on the phone, why didn't you just cancel the transaction?

You could have just cancelled your order immediately. Then re-purchased correctly. You did something wrong during checkout.

Your credit card was credited | Best Buy in Hopewell, Virginia

Order Number: BBY01-416940056548 Dear Alan: There's been a change to the status of your order. Your order has been canceled at your request. The credit card (or other payment method) used for this order has been credited. If you used a gift card and no longer have it, please call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) and we'll send you a replacement. If you used a Reward Certificate for this order, points will be reissued to your Reward Zone Program account within 3-5 days. No, IT WAS NOT watch out for these guys....i dont think they give a ***
sfcguido

6 days to return the money.

sfcguido

no, i sent them a letter and then wished for the best. of course i called them.

9 times! not including the 3 or 4 times i just couldn't wait on hold. even talked to a guy from the "back office" and he told me if i sent the case to them it may "take longer". seriously?

essentially telling me if i attempt to resolve it quicker it could take longer? if they simply told me that it may take a few days for the credit i would have waited until i was credited. instead, i went to Lowes, dropped off a new refrigerator told me about the features, gave me an owners manual, knew almost everything about the model i have. I will not be shopping at "Best Buy" again.

Best Buy? worst service

Uh, did you try calling the help number?

Return policy for gift card | Best Buy in Newark, New Jersey

I purchased a gift card on BestBuy.com and picked it up in my local store. Tried to return or exchange unused gift card just to find out that it was non-returnable! Now I am out $100 because I bought a Sony e-reader gift card and the recipient no longer has the reader. Card was not "scratched" or anything. It was completely untouched. BAD BUSINESS!! I called customer service who called the store and I was conveniently disconnected. When I called back, I was told that there would be an extended wait time. I should have been told about the return policy BEFORE they took my money.

Agreed. You are a ***.

If you want my opinion, read "so sad"'s response again. I couldn't have said it better.

Every 1 minute an *** is born and you're proof. No store allows you to return a gift card.

EVERY retailer has an all sales final policy on gift cards.

It's not Best Buys fault you're a complete *** ***. Please don't breed because the world can't afford to support anymore *** like you.

@So sad

^you sir are an ***

View more comments (3)
Best Buy Gift Card
Just under two years ago I bought an xbox 360 from the tri-county best buy in cincinnati ohio with the black tie warranty. Earlier this week I went to return it as it had been freezing up on me. When I was sold the warranty I was told that when I brought my old...

sounds like all you *** work for best buy your a bunch of ***

View more comments
Best Buy Gift Card

Bad advertising and customer service in mansfield texas | Best Buy in Farmington, Michigan

Went to best buy in mansfield tx to buy my wife a ebook. Finally picked out the nook they had 2 spots for them one at 115$ and one at 249$ so I picked out the basic one for 115$. This store rep that had been helping me asked if I wanted to apply for a best buy credit card to receive a free gift card randomly valued at 5$ 10$ or 25$ and that if I got approved I would get to pick from the random basket and get a guaranteed 25$ card. So I figured I would go through the process we don't use credit cards but having them around doesn't hurt. I applied got approved and picked out my random card, and was told the other 25$ would be done at the register. No problem so far I get up to the register and the ebook nook rings up at 189$. I said no the sticker says 115 she says well this was has 3g let me get you the other one ok no biggie I will walk with you to show you we get to the spot and she says oh this is all we have the 189 or the 249 your choice sorry they just haven't put the spot up yet for the new one and we must be out of the other so they used it instead. I said ok well fine I'm getting atleast 30$ off and its got the 3g svc so fine. We get back to the register and she rings it up along with a cover that I grabbed on our price checking trip that was 15$ it rings up 47 but she just saw me get it and she goes back checks the skew and says sorry these are also in the wrong spot , fine I don't want a 50$ cover just the book is fine. We check out I hand her the random gift card and tell her about the other 25$ off the lady told me about my random card rings up a whopping one dollar gift card and she says the 25$ will be deducted off the credit card purchase. Well no that's not what yall said you said gift card I intend on paying cash and the random card was supposed to be a minimum of 5$.$ So we get the floor rep over and she explains she is sorry for the misunderstanding that she thought the minimum truly was 5$ and that the other was just taking off at the register so it wouldn't matter to call it a 2nd gift card. Ok you say your sorry but now I have 2 huge price discrepancies and a 1$ gift card someone needs to make this right but they never did I called the store the next day and asked for a manager to call me back nothing I emailed best buy and nothing so yes I am @ pissed consumer and yes I am one!

WAAAAAAAAH!

Let me make sure I got this right:

1) You couldn't read the shelf tag that said "Basic WiFi" and the box price tag that said "WiFi + 3G".

2) You got a $1 gift card for free, and a $25 discount for using a credit card for free.

3) You couldn't read the shelf tag that said "xyz cover - $15" and the box price tag that said "abc cover - $50".

Now, you're "pissed" because:

1) They were out of the cheapest nook.

2) They were out of the cheapest nook cover.

3) You wanted $50 off a $115 purchase for signing up for a credit card and never using it, and you only got $26 off your purchase if you used the card.

Wow! You should be pissed...at your 5th grade teacher. He/she should get a serious tongue lashing for:

1) Letting you pass the 5th grade without being able to read.

2) Letting you pass the 5th grade without any concept of grammar or punctuation.

3) Letting you pass the 5th grade without understanding basic business economics (hint: the reason they offer you incentives for signing up for a store credit card is because -- wait for it -- THEY WANT YOU TO USE IT SO YOU CARRY A BALANCE AND PAY INTEREST!)

Yee-haw cowboy! Better giddy-up to that there rodeo with your newfangled eReader and catch up on the latest issue of Big Truckin' Magazine. With a lack of intelligence like your's, the world will never be in short supply of rodeo clowns.

Best Buy Gift Card

Has not reissued me a gift card for a returned purchase | Best Buy in Augusta, Georgia

return phone in sept that was bought with a $100 gift card threw card away but best buy was going to mail out a new card. three months later still no card, have made dozens of phone calls to best buy spoke with 6 different people have been on the phone today for over two hours 1 minutes as i type this. no one knows what they are doing and no one can issue a credit for us or send us a card. best buy has the worst customer service. don't buy from them. what can i do.d